Madinah is a peaceful city with a rich cultural legacy. For the Muslim community, it is among the most significant places of pilgrimage. This pilgrimage can be done after booking the All-inclusive Umrah packages from London and other cities in the United Kingdom. There is no shortage of captivating sightseeing attractions and things to do in Madinah during the Umrah pilgrimage, with so much to explore.
Pilgrims must visit several Madinah religious, cultural, and historical sites during their Umrah journey. There is also delicious traditional Arabic food and incredibly lovely souvenirs to splurge on. For most visitors, exploring Madinah’s religious and historical landmarks is the best thing to do first.
Best Things to Do In Madinah While on Umrah Pilgrimage!
Islamic culture places a high value on Madinah because it is one of the primary destinations for Umrah. Most Muslims travel to Madinah, often known as the city of the Prophet, for pilgrimage and vacation purposes. Numerous spiritual significant cultural and historical sites exist in this city. Let’s explore what you must do in Madinah to have fulfilling, rewarding, and memorable Umrah experience:
Perform Ziyarat: In Islamic culture, the holy city of Madinah is regarded as a highly sacred and significant place. Every year, millions of Worldwide Muslims travel to Madinah to do Umrah. One of the most important things to do in Madinah during Umrah is to pilgrimage to places related to the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), his family descendants, and companions.
Mosques, battlefields, caves, and mountains are among the sites. Madinah is one of the most desirable locations to do Ziyarat because it is home to many sanctified sites, including Al JanatUlBaqiQuba Mosque Masjid al Qiblatayn and many more. However, three of the most essential locations for performing Ziyarat in this beautiful city are:
● Al-Masjid al-Nabawi – Also referred to as the Prophet’s Mosque, Muslims regard Al-Masjid and Nabawi as sacred. The Prophet built this mosque, and is also considered his final resting place.
● Mount Uhud – Another significant site in Islamic culture, Mount Uhud is where the ancient Battle of Uhud occurred. Graveyards of fighters martyred in this battle can also be located near this major pilgrimage destination.
● Jannat-al-Baqi – The first and oldest graveyard in Madinah Jannat al Baqi is the final burial place of Prophet Muhammad’s companions and relatives. As a result, it is considered one of the holiest graveyards in Islamic civilization.
- Visit Historical Places:
Madinah is home to numerous historical and archaeological wonders, which include Jannat al Baqi, the Badr Mosque Masjid Al Ghamamah, and the Abu Bakr Masjid. Exploring these places is one of the top Umrah pilgrimage activities while staying in Madinah. Followers of Islam cherish it because it boasts a legendary city that witnessed some of the most spectacular Islamic struggles. Additionally, this explains why it is challenging to distinguish between Madinah’s historical and spiritual sites.
● Al Jum’ah Mosque – Also called Bani Salim Mosque, is renowned for being the first mosque where the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and his companions offered the Jum’a prayer during their migration from Makkah to Madinah.
● Grave of Hamza ibn Abdul-Muttalib: Hamza ibn Abd al Muttalib, the Prophet Mohammad’s paternal uncle, and a close friend, became a martyr in the Battle of Uhud. Fatima, the daughter of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), is said to have visited and cared for the grave.
● Madain Saleh – one of Madinah’s most beautiful ancient places, is home to massive tombs and graves. This tourist destination is renowned as Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage site and an archaeological marvel.
- Try Locale-Specific Cuisines:
Another intriguing thing to do while on a pilgrimage is absorb the city’s culture and delicious cuisine. What better way to do so than to try some local cuisine? Al Fateh Restaurant Abu Tarboosh NiralaTaibah Restaurant and Tayaba are among the most prominent restaurants in Madinah. During the Umrah journey, they are among the best places to dine on authentic Middle Eastern cuisines. Let’s enumerate a few ones;
● Arabesque Restaurant – This restaurant is a must-see for all pilgrims in Madinah, whether they are performing Umrah or not. It’s on King Farhad Road and serves mouthwatering authentic Middle Eastern dishes. The restaurant offers breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner to dine in.
● Ennap Restaurant – This restaurant on King Abdullah Road is noted for delivering excellent food in a modern and beyond-ordinary environment.
● RuqnShami – This restaurant serves an extensive array of lunch dishes. It provides authentic Middle Eastern delicacies and is easily accessible due to its location on the airport road.
- Do Shopping in Madinah:
One of the top things to do in Madinah on the Umrah pilgrimage is to tap into your innate shopping cravings. The most stunning malls and bustling local marketplaces are available in the sacred city to make it possible for residents and pilgrims to shop there. The retail culture in Madinah draws many tourists regularly since it offers a wide range of the latest goods and products as per the local culture, such as date scarves and prayer beads. The top three shopping destinations in Madinah are:
● Taiba Commercial Centre – You may find everything in a single room here. This location is a must-visit if you’re looking for fresh fruits, religious items, or apparel.
● Old Bazaar – One of Madinah’s oldest markets, Old Bazaar is home to food vendor kiosks, stalls, and eating establishments. One can look forward to purchasing abayas prayer beads mats and dates here.
● Al Noor Mall – One of Madinah’s most well-known shopping centers, offers something for everyone. It offers visitors convenience by housing everything under one roof
Visiting Madinah for the Umrah pilgrimage is an excellent approach to seeking Allah’s favor. However, to get the most out of your pilgrimage, you must book one of the best yet cheap Umrah packages to observe the sanctity of Madinah City!