Cara Delevingne is an English model, actress and singer who has become one of the most recognizable faces in fashion and entertainment over the past decade. She began her modeling career as a teenager and quickly rose to prominence, walking runways for high fashion brands and appearing in major advertising campaigns. In recent years, Delevingne has successfully transitioned into acting, landing leading roles in major films like Suicide Squad, Paper Towns and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.
With her high-profile career spanning modeling, film and music, Delevingne has amassed a considerable net worth even at a relatively young age. Here is an in-depth look at Cara Delevingne’s net worth and how she has built her wealth over the years.
What is Cara Delevingne’s Net Worth?
According to multiple reports, Cara Delevingne’s current net worth is estimated to be around $28 million as of 2024.
The majority of Delevingne’s net worth comes from her successful modeling career, which has earned her lucrative contracts with brands like Burberry, Chanel, DKNY and Jason Wu. At the peak of her modeling career in 2014, Delevingne was reportedly earning over $9 million per year from various campaigns and contracts.
Delevingne has also earned big paychecks for her film roles. She made $2 million for her breakout role in Paper Towns in 2015, and went on to make $6.5 million for Suicide Squad in 2016. Her upfront salaries for films have continued to grow, likely reaching $8-10 million or more per major starring role in recent years.
Other income streams, like endorsement deals with brands like Tag Heuer, music royalties and investments, also contribute to Delevingne’s hefty net worth. Assuming she maintains her current career trajectory, Delevingne’s net worth will likely continue growing rapidly in the coming years.
How Did Cara Delevingne Build Her Wealth?
Cara Delevingne was able to amass her $28 million net worth through hard work and leveraging her modeling fame into new career opportunities. Here’s a closer look at how she built her impressive wealth over the years:
Successful Modeling Career
Delevingne’s primary source of income and claim to fame has been her highly successful modeling career. She signed with Storm Model Management in 2009 after being discovered by Sarah Doukas, the founder of the agency.
By 2011, she had landed her first major gig walking the runway for Burberry’s Spring/Summer collection in London. This instantly rocketed her profile in the fashion world at the age of just 18.
Over the next few years, Delevingne established herself as one of the most in-demand models in the world. She landed lucrative contracts with Chanel, H&M, DKNY, Jason Wu and other major brands. She appeared on the covers of Vogue and LOVE magazine multiple times.
From 2012-2014, Delevingne earned an estimated $7.5 million from her modeling work. At her peak in 2014, she earned $9 million from campaigns with Burberry, La Perla and numerous other fashion houses.
Pivoting to Acting
While at the height of her modeling career, Delevingne began pivoting into an acting career in hopes of achieving more creative fulfilment. She landed her first major role in the 2015 film Paper Towns, which earned her $2 million.
Her breakout acting role came the next year when she played Enchantress in the DC comic book film Suicide Squad alongside Will Smith and Margot Robbie. She earned $6.5 million for that role, proving her viability and popularity as a leading lady.
Since then, Delevingne has starred in over a dozen major films including Valerian and Tulip Fever in 2017, Life in a Year in 2020, and Only Murders in the Building in 2022. She typically earns $8-10 million or more per starring role in a major studio film now.
On top of modeling and acting, Delevingne has earned income through music, endorsements and investments:
- She released a pop single called “I Feel Everything” in 2017 and has collaborated on songs with Pharrell Williams and Jay-Z.
- She has endorsement deals with brands like Tag Heuer, winning campaigns like Rimmel London.
- She has made investments in companies like Lora DiCarlo.
Through these various income streams, Delevingne has been able to build an extremely lucrative career across fashion, film, music and business. Her diversified talent and work has allowed her to amass a net worth of $28 million even before age 30.
What are Cara Delevingne’s Major Sources of Income?
Currently, Cara Delevingne’s main sources of income are:
- Film salaries: As her acting career has taken off, Delevingne now makes millions per major film she stars in. She can command $8-10 million or more per leading role.
- Modeling contracts: Though less active in runway modeling now, Delevingne still lands major fashion and beauty campaigns with brands like Dior, earning millions per year.
- Endorsements: Delevingne earns big checks for endorsing brands like Rimmel, Tag Heuer and others. These deals can pay 7-figures apiece.
- Investments: Delevingne makes strategic investments in companies like Lora DiCarlo and likely earns returns from these stakes.
- Music royalties: She earns income from music streaming and sales from songs she’s recorded or co-written.
In the past, Delevingne earned $7-9 million per year at the peak of her modeling career. Now as an A-List actress andinfluencer, she likely earns over $15 million per year from her various endeavors.
What Properties and Assets Does Cara Delevingne Own?
With the wealth she has amassed, Cara Delevingne has acquired an impressive portfolio of real estate and other high-value assets:
- Los Angeles Mansion: Delevingne owns a lavish mansion in the Hollywood Hills worth over $5 million.
- New York Penthouse: She owns a hip downtown Manhattan penthouse valued around $4 million.
- London Residence: She owns a home in her native London as well.
- Classic Cars: Her car collection includes a classic Porsche, Jaguar and Chrysler.
- Art Collection: She has an art collection including works by Damien Hirst.
Delevingne also has an extensive jewelry collection with rare and expensive pieces. Overall, her property portfolio likely totals $15-20 million.
She invests some of her wealth as well. In 2022, it was reported she put $1 million into Lora DiCarlo, a company that makes robotic sex toys for women.
How Does Cara Delevingne Spend Her Money?
With the massive fortune she has earned at a young age, Cara Delevingne enjoys an extravagant lifestyle:
- Real Estate: Her property portfolio of homes in L.A., New York and London demonstrates her lavish spending on real estate.
- Exotic Travel: She frequently takes luxurious vacations to exotic destinations like Morocco, yachting in Cannes, and tropical getaways.
- Fashion and Jewelry: Delevingne spends extensively on designer fashion, handbags, and jewelry from brands like Chanel, Burberry and Bulgari.
- Partying: She is known for spending lavishly on partying and entertainment in cities like London, Ibiza, New York and L.A.
- Charity: She donates significant sums to charities focused on women’s rights, HIV/AIDS, and the environment.
- Family Support: Delevingne likely helps support her aristocratic British family, including her mother and two sisters.
While she lives an extravagant lifestyle, Delevingne also makes smart investments in companies and real estate to continue growing her wealth.
With an estimated net worth of $28 million by 2024, Cara Delevingne has become one of the most successful and wealthiest models-turned-actresses of her generation. She earned the bulk of her fortune through lucrative modeling contracts in her teens and twenties before transitioning to film acting, where she now earns $8-10 million per major role.
Delevingne also earns millions from endorsements, music and savvy investments. Still not yet 30 years old, she leads an extravagant lifestyle filled with real estate, fashion, parties and exotic travels. Given her young age and multi-faceted career, Cara Delevingne’s net worth will likely continue rising rapidly in the coming decade.
How did Cara Delevingne get so rich?
Delevingne earned the bulk of her $28 million net worth through her successful modeling and acting careers. She became one of the world’s highest paid models at a young age, then leveraged that fame to begin acting in major films where she now earns $8-10 million per role.
What is Cara Delevingne’s background?
Delevingne grew up in an upper-class family in London, with a father who was a real estate developer and a mother who was friends with royalty. She attended boarding schools growing up then started modeling as a teenager when she was discovered by Sarah Doukas of Storm Model Management.
How much money does Cara Delevingne make a year?
In her peak modeling years around 2014, Delevingne earned about $9 million annually from campaigns and contracts. Now as an A-List actress, she likely earns over $15 million per year from acting roles, endorsements, investments and other income sources.
What modeling jobs made Cara Delevingne rich?
Major fashion brands Cara modeled for early in her career like Burberry, Chanel, DKNY and Victoria’s Secret paid her millions and helped make her famous globally. This laid the foundation for the rest of her diverse career.
How does Cara Delevingne spend her fortune?
Delevingne spends lavishly on real estate in L.A., New York and London, exotic vacations, high fashion and jewelry, expensive parties and entertainment, as well as charity donations. But she also makes smart investments to continue growing her wealth.