Wolfgang Novogratz is an American actor known for his roles in shows like “The Last Ship” and “Grown-ish.” He comes from a famous family – his parents are Robert and Cortney Novogratz, well-known interior designers and stars of the reality show “9 by Design.” His siblings include Bellamy, Five, Holleder, Major, and Tallulah Novogratz, several of whom are also actors.
Wolfgang began his acting career in 2009 with a role in the film “Assistance.” He has gone on to appear in TV shows like “The Last Ship,” “Blue Bloods,” “Divorce,” and “Grown-ish.” His most prominent role has been as Nico in the Freeform series “Grown-ish” since 2018.
What is Wolfgang Novogratz’s Net Worth?
Estimates of Wolfgang Novogratz’s net worth vary. According to most reports, his net worth is around $500,000 as of 2022. This net worth comes from his acting career, including his salary and earnings from roles in shows like “Grown-ish.”
As his career continues to grow, especially with his ongoing role on the popular series “Grown-ish,” Novogratz’s net worth will likely rise in the coming years. Compared to other young actors, a $500,000 net worth is substantial. But it is still modest compared to the net worths of more established stars in Hollywood.
Main Sources of Income and Wealth
The primary source of Wolfgang Novogratz’s wealth and income is his acting career. Some of his major roles and income sources include:
- Grown-ish (2018-present) – Plays Nico; one of his biggest roles to date on this popular Freeform show. Likely provides a significant portion of his acting income.
- The Last Ship (2016-2017) – Appeared in 7 episodes; steady TV role.
- Divorce (2016-2018) – Guest role on 3 episodes of the HBO comedy series.
- Blue Bloods (2016) – Guest spot on 1 episode.
- Other acting roles – Has appeared in films like “Assistance” and various other small TV roles.
Novogratz has earned income from all of these acting jobs over the past decade. However, Grown-ish remains his main source of steady income in recent years.
How Does Wolfgang Novogratz Make His Money?
As an actor, Wolfgang Novogratz’s net worth comes directly from his work and income from acting roles. Some of the ways Novogratz earns money in his acting career include:
- Salaries for TV shows – For regular roles on shows like Grown-ish, Novogratz receives a per-episode or per-season salary. Top actors can earn $100k+ for episodes on hit shows.
- Appearance fees for guest roles – Novogratz gets paid for one-off parts on series. Guest stars can make anywhere from low thousands to $100k+.
- Royalties from reruns – When shows he has appeared on air in syndication, Novogratz earns residuals.
- Film salaries – He has earned income from roles in indie and major films.
- Brand sponsorships/partnerships – As an influencer with a social media following, Novogratz can earn money promoting brands online.
The bulk of his income likely comes from his major television acting roles and salaries. Even modest TV salaries of $30-50k per episode can add up quickly and put Novogratz’s net worth in the high hundreds of thousands.
What Are Wolfgang Novogratz’s Major Acting Roles and Projects?
Some of Wolfgang Novogratz’s most significant acting projects include:
- Grown-ish (2018-present) – Novogratz stars as Nico, one of the main characters on this Freeform series spin-off of Black-ish. This is his biggest regular TV role so far.
- The Last Ship (2016-2017) – He had a recurring role as Carmen on this TNT action drama series for 7 episodes.
- Divorce (2016-2018) – Appeared on the HBO comedy starring Sarah Jessica Parker in a guest arc as Tom, a love interest of one of the main character’s children.
- Blue Bloods (2016) – Guest starred in the season 7 episode “Guilt By Association” as a character named Stevie
|The Last Ship
- Assistance (2012) – Novogratz’s film debut was in this comedy starring Kathy Bates. He played a character named Jeff.
- St. Vincent (2014) – Small role in this film that starred Bill Murray.
- 1 Night in San Diego (2020) – Played the supporting role of TJ in this romantic comedy.
He has also appeared in short films such as The Box (2011) and Wallflower (2017).
What Else Contributes to Wolfgang Novogratz’s Net Worth?
In addition to his acting income, a few other small factors contribute to Novogratz’s total net worth figure of around $500k:
- Brand partnerships – As an influencer on Instagram with over 800k followers, Novogratz can earn money by promoting brands through sponsored content. Fees can range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars per sponsored post.
- Investments and assets – It’s possible Novogratz has invested some of his earnings in stocks, real estate, or other assets. Any appreciation of those investments over time would increase his net worth.
- Inheritance – Coming from a wealthy family (his parents Robert and Cortney Novogratz are millionaires), Novogratz may have received some inheritance gifts or trust funds from his parents. However, these are likely small compared to his earned income.
Overall, the bulk of his net worth comes directly from Wolfgang’s acting salary and fees over the past decade or so working in television and film. Brand deals and investments likely contribute only modestly to his total wealth picture.
How Does Wolfgang Novogratz Spend His Money?
With a net worth approaching $500k, Wolfgang Novogratz has some decent money to spend on his lifestyle. Some of the ways he may spend his acting fortune include:
- Real estate – He likely invests some of his income into real estate like many Hollywood stars. May own a home or condo in L.A.
- Fashion and accessories – On red carpets and Instagram, Novogratz sports designer clothes, watches, and other high-end fashion.
- Travel – His social media shows him taking trips to exotic beach locations, ski vacations, and more. Flying private is common for well-off actors.
- Cars – Owning a luxury or sports car is another common splurge for young Hollywood actors establishing themselves.
- Dining/nightlife – He’s spotted at nice restaurants, clubs, and bars – typical hangouts for the rich and famous in L.A.
- Self-care – Health, wellness, grooming. Actors spend to look good and stay fit.
- Helping family – His parents have a net worth of $50 million. But he may assist other family members financially.
Novogratz appears to live a comfortable lifestyle typical of a rising Hollywood star. But he seems to splurge responsibly rather than extravagantly so far.
How Much Did Wolfgang Novogratz Make From Grown-ish?
Wolfgang Novogratz’s salary and earnings from his role as Nico on the Freeform series Grown-ish is likely the primary contributor to his current net worth. However, the exact amount he makes per episode or season is not publicly disclosed.
As a benchmark, TV main cast members generally earn anywhere from $20,000 to $100,000 per episode on successful cable or streaming shows. On network primetime shows, salaries can be even higher. Given Novogratz’s age and experience level, his Grown-ish earnings are likely on the lower end of that scale when he started. But after multiple seasons, he may now make $30-50k or more per episode.
Assuming a standard 22 episode order and range of $30-50k per episode, Novogratz could be earning around $660,000 to $1.1 million per season of Grown-ish at this point in his career. And with several seasons under his belt, the show has certainly provided millions in income that make up the bulk of his personal net worth.
How Much Does Wolfgang Novogratz Make a Year?
Given his ongoing starring role on Grown-ish and other miscellaneous acting jobs, Wolfgang Novogratz likely earns around $800,000 to $1.2 million per year as of 2022. This is an estimate of his annual acting income.
Major assumptions in this estimate:
- On Grown-ish he now earns approx. $40-50k per episode x 22 episodes per season = $880k to $1.1 million annually from the show.
- Additional income from other minor acting roles, residuals, brand partnerships of $50-100k per year.
So combining his Grown-ish salary with other earnings puts his estimated annual income between $800k and $1.2 million at this stage in his career. Of course, this can fluctuate year to year based on his roles and jobs booked.
As Novogratz’s fame and demand increases, he has potential to earn even higher salaries moving forward. Veterans on top shows can make $500k+ per episode.
What is Grown-ish About?
Grown-ish is a comedy series on Freeform that premiered in 2018. It is a spin-off of the hit ABC show Black-ish and focuses on the Johnson family’s eldest daughter Zoey as she heads to college.
Some key details about Grown-ish:
- Stars Yara Shahidi reprising her role of Zoey Johnson from Black-ish. She enrolls at the fictional California University School of Liberal Arts nicknamed “Cal U.”
- Also features Trevor Jackson, Emily Arlook, Francia Raisa, Jordan Buhat, Chloe Bailey, Halle Bailey, and more as Zoey’s classmates.
- Novogratz plays Nico, a bisexual artist and socially conscious student who becomes part of Zoey’s friend group.
- Storylines focus on Zoey navigating college life, young adulthood, social issues, relationships, and career ambitions.
- Produced by Kenya Barris, the creator of Black-ish. Styled as a contemporary coming-of-age comedy.
- Currently in its fifth season on Freeform as of 2022. Also streams on Hulu.
Overall, Grown-ish is a popular spin-off riding the success of Black-ish and resonating with millennial and Gen Z viewers through its young, diverse cast and socially relevant themes.
How Much Are Other Grown-ish Cast Members Paid?
Although exact salaries are not disclosed, the other main cast members on Grown-ish likely earn comparable salaries to star Wolfgang Novogratz based on industry standards. Estimated earnings:
- Yara Shahidi – As the lead, she may earn $60-80k or more per episode. Also an executive producer.
- Trevor Jackson – Established actor, likely earns $40-60k per episode.
- Emily Arlook – On par with Novogratz, perhaps $30-50k per episode.
- Francia Raisa – Similar to Novogratz/Arlook, around $30-50k per episode.
- Chloe and Halle Bailey – As rising stars they may earn $20-40k per episode.
- Jordan Buhat – Probably makes $15-30k per episode.
Major cast members on successful cable shows typically make $30-60k per episode, though bigger stars can negotiate six and even seven-figure salaries on extremely popular shows.
Salaries also rise with each season as actors gain more leverage in negotiations. So Grown-ish stars likely earned lesser initial salaries that have increased over the run of the show.
What Are Some Memorable Wolfgang Novogratz Performances?
Although still early in his acting career, here are some of Wolfgang Novogratz’s most memorable performances so far:
Novogratz shines in one of his biggest roles as Nico on Grown-ish. He showed great comedic timing and emotional range playing a socially conscious artist navigating young adulthood.
Standout scenes: Coming out story in season 1, DJ mishap at frat party in season 2, debates around cultural appropriation in season 3.
The Last Ship (2016-2017)
On this action drama, Novogratz held his own in intense scenes as Carmen, a member of an underground resistance group fighting a global pandemic.
Standout episode: “In the Dark” – Carmen plays a crucial role helping the USS Nathan James escape enemy forces.
Blue Bloods (2016)
Though a small guest role, he made an impression as a charismatic student wrongly accused of wrongdoing. Had engaging chemistry opposite series lead Donnie Wahlberg.
Standout scene: Classroom debate where he persuades Wahlberg’s character Danny Reagan of his innocence.
Throughout his roles, Novogratz demonstrates versatility, comedic timing, intelligence, and complexity as an actor. His star continues to rise.
How Successful is Grown-ish?
Grown-ish has proven to be a very successful series for Freeform since its premiere in 2018. Some measures of its success:
- Consistently ranks as one of Freeform’s highest-rated shows – averages over 0.2 million viewers per episode.
- Currently airing its 5th season – one of the longest-running Freeform originals thanks to strong viewership.
- Renewed through Season 6 – set to continue through at least 2023, indicating its popularity.
- Strong buzz and press – praised by critics for tackling relevant issues; fashion is a huge talking point.
- Social media engagement – cast has over 20 million Instagram followers combined helping drive interest.
- Lucrative streaming deal – also streams on Hulu under a profitable pact increasing its exposure.
- Critical praise – nominated for Teen Choice and NAACP Image awards.
Thanks to its zeitgeisty appeal, ability to reinvent itself each season, and cast’s star power, Grown-ish has become a flagship series sustaining Freeform’s young adult brand. Its continued success ensures opportunities for cast like Novogratz.
What is Wolfgang Novogratz’s Relationship Status?
Wolfgang Novogratz likes to keep his romantic relationships fairly private. However, some basic facts are known about his current relationship status:
- As of 2022, he appears to be single.
- Previously dated actress Larsen Thompson around 2018-2019. They attended events together but eventually broke up.
- Keeps his love life off social media. Does not post photos with girlfriends.
- Focuses discussions in interviews on his work, not his relationship status.
- Remains private about who he is dating, if anyone. Does not identify current partners publicly.
- Prioritizes his acting career and friendships based on his public persona. Romance does not seem to be his priority now.
- Given his age, early 20s, he likely is not looking to settle down yet and keeps things casual.
Overall, while Novogratz’s relationship status is unclear, he seems to be single, playing the field, and concentrating on his blossoming career as his top focus currently.
Does Wolfgang Novogratz Have Kids?
No, Wolfgang Novogratz does not have any children at this point in his life. At 24 years old as of 2022, he is focused on acting and does not have kids yet based on all available information.
- No mention of having children in any interviews or bios.
- Does not post any photos of children on his social media accounts. Accounts only feature himself, friends, and work.
- Too early in his career to start a family – more established actors tend to have kids later.
- No sightings or reports of him with any children over the years.
- As a young actor likely values flexibility – kids would hamper that at this stage.
Barring any secret children, which is highly unlikely, all indications are that Wolfgang remains single without kids for the time being as he builds his Hollywood career. Perhaps in the future he will consider settling down and having a family, but not at the moment.
What is Wolfgang Novogratz’s Family Background?
Wolfgang Novogratz comes from a rather prominent family:
- Parents – Robert and Cortney Novogratz are his parents. They are very successful interior designers and TV personalities with their own design company and HGTV shows.
- Siblings – He has 6 siblings – Bellamy, Five, Holleder, Major, Tallulah, and Breaker Novogratz. Several of his brothers and sisters are also actors.
- Upbringing – He grew up in New York City in a wealthy, artistic environment. His parents’ creative careers influenced his interest in acting.
- Ancestry – His mother Cortney is of Brazilian descent, which accounts for Wolfgang’s multiracial appearance. The family is of Austrian Jewish heritage on his father’s side.
Overall, Novogratz was born into a talented, entrepreneurial family known for design and television. He had an upbringing surrounded by creativity and privilege, which enabled him to pursue acting from a young age. His unique mix of cultures also informs his worldview and work.
What is Next for Wolfgang Novogratz’s Career?
As one of the standout stars of Grown-ish, Wolfgang Novogratz has many promising opportunities ahead to further grow his net worth through acting:
- More seasons of Grown-ish – With the show renewed through 2023, he is ensured steady work and income in the near term.
- Leverage buzz for movie roles – May see offers for supporting or leading roles in feature films.
- TV stardom – If Grown-ish ends, he has potential as a TV regular or even his own starring vehicle.
- Dramatic work – Showcase range in indie films, theater, or drama series.
- Producing – Could venture into producing like peers Zendaya and Yara Shahidi.
Novogratz has carved out a niche as a young actor exploring social issues. As he continues honing his craft, major stardom could await thanks to his talent and work ethic.
In summary, Wolfgang Novogratz has accumulated an estimated net worth of around $500,000 so far in his young acting career. Starring as Nico on the hit Freeform series Grown-ish since 2018 has provided his biggest opportunity and earnings source to date, likely in the range of $30-50k per episode.
With his career on the rise, Novogratz has potential to grow his wealth and fame significantly through future television and film roles. Though still early in his career, he displays the talent and charisma of a possible Hollywood leading man in the making.
Frequently Asked Questions
How did Wolfgang Novogratz get his start as an actor?
Novogratz got his start in acting as a child doing commercials and appearing in short films. His first major role came in 2009 when he was cast in the movie “Assistance” alongside Kathy Bates. From there he continued booking indie films and minor TV parts over the years leading up to his current role on Grown-ish.
What was Wolfgang’s breakthrough role?
His breakthrough definitely came when he was cast as series regular Nico on Grown-ish starting in 2018. Being part of this spin-off of the hit show Black-ish gave him his biggest exposure yet and the chance to show his skills to a mainstream audience week after week.
Where can I see Wolfgang Novogratz acting?
You can currently see him on new episodes of Freeform series Grown-ish airing on Wednesday nights. Previous roles of his can be viewed on services like Hulu and Netflix – for example in The Last Ship and Divorce. And he’s appeared in indie films like Assistance that can be rented or purchased online.
How much does Wolfgang make per year compared to other Grown-ish cast members?
While exact salaries are undisclosed, Wolfgang likely earns around $500-600k per year from Grown-ish based on typical TV rates. This would place him among the mid-tier earners on the show, behind leads like Yara Shahidi but on par or above supporting cast mates.
How profitable has Grown-ish been for Freeform?
As one of Freeform’s highest-rated shows, Grown-ish has been very profitable thanks to advertiser demand and its lucrative streaming deal with Hulu. It has become a tentpole program for the network regularly attracting millions of viewers per episode.
What will happen to Wolfgang’s net worth when Grown-ish ends?
While his steady Grown-ish income has been a huge asset, Wolfgang will likely leverage his exposure on the show to land new acting roles. Between future TV, film, and producing work, he can maintain his current income levels and continue building net worth after the series ends provided his career stays strong.