Nick Cannon is an American actor, comedian, rapper, entrepreneur and television host who has built an impressive career in the entertainment industry. He first rose to fame as a teenager when he starred in the Nickelodeon series “All That” and “The Nick Cannon Show.”
Since then, he has gone on to star in numerous films and TV shows, release multiple music albums, and host popular shows like “America’s Got Talent” and “The Masked Singer.”
Over the years, Nick Cannon has accumulated significant wealth through his various business ventures and entertainment roles. But what exactly is Nick Cannon’s net worth? In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into Nick Cannon’s career, income sources and personal assets to estimate his current net worth. We’ll also look at some of the highlights of his career so far.
Nick Cannon’s Career Highlights
Nick Cannon first got his big break in entertainment as a teenager. Here are some of his major career highlights so far:
- Starred in the Nickelodeon series “All That” from 1998 to 2000. He was a regular cast member.
- Starred in the Nickelodeon series “The Nick Cannon Show” from 2002 to 2003. This was Nickelodeon’s first spin-off show from All That.
- Released his self-titled debut album in 2003 which was certified gold by RIAA.
- Made his film debut in 2002 in the movie “Men in Black II” starring Will Smith.
- Created and hosted the MTV improv comedy series “Wild N Out” which debuted in 2005. It has run for multiple seasons over the years.
- Hosted America’s Got Talent from 2009 to 2016, replacing Jerry Springer.
- Launched radio shows on CBS Radio, 92.3 NOW FM and Power 106.
- Hosted the NBC singing competition The Masked Singer which premiered in 2019.
- Founded Ncredible Entertainment, a production company making films, TV shows and music.
- Launched the hit daytime talk show Nick Cannon on Fox in 2021.
Nick Cannon’s Income Sources
Nick Cannon has earned his fortune through various endeavors across music, film & TV, business, and more. Here are the major sources contributing to Nick Cannon’s net worth:
- Acting career – Nick has starred in movies like Drumline, Love Don’t Cost a Thing, Roll Bounce and Bobby which earned over $150 million worldwide. He also earned money from his Nickelodeon acting gigs.
- Music career – Nick has released 5 studio albums and collaborated with artists like Kanye West, R. Kelly, Akon and more. He has sold over 2 million albums worldwide.
- Hosting gigs – His hosting jobs on shows like America’s Got Talent (reportedly $70,000 per episode) and The Masked Singer have contributed significantly to his wealth.
- Business ventures – Nick owns Ncredible Entertainment production company and has invested in companies like Monster Beverage, Netflix, Apple, and more. He also earned from his old radio shows.
- Brand endorsements & sponsorships – Nick has endorsement deals with major brands like Pepsi, RadioShack, Bank of America and Nike’s Air Jordan which provide additional income.
Overall, Nick Cannon has been able to amass his current net worth through a diverse set of income sources across entertainment and business. His work ethic and hustle has allowed him to build wealth from a young age.
Estimated Net Worth of Nick Cannon
There are varying reports on Nick Cannon’s current net worth. In 2022, most outlets estimate Nick Cannon’s net worth to be around $30 million. Some highlights:
- Celebrity Net Worth estimates his net worth at $30 million as of 2022.
- Wealthy Gorilla also estimates it at around $30 million currently.
- The Richest claims his net worth is around $25 million as of 2022.
Nick Cannon has not confirmed his exact net worth. But based on the best available data on his assets, income, and career earnings, his net worth is estimated to be $30 million.
Here’s a breakdown of the major assets contributing to his $30 million net worth:
- Real estate – Nick owns a $2.5 million mansion in LA and other luxury properties. Real estate makes up a significant portion of his net worth.
- Car collection – Nick is a car enthusiast who owns expensive rides like a Rolls Royce Drophead, Maserati Quattroporte, Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon and more. His car collection is valued at over $3 million.
- Music catalog & royalties – Nick earns royalties from album sales and music streaming. He owns lucrative music rights from his catalog.
- Investments – Nick has invested in many companies and brands like Netflix, Apple, Monster Beverage etc. These provide additional income.
- Ncredible Entertainment – Nick’s production company with MTV and other deals is estimated to be worth around $50 to $100 million.
- Other assets – Nick has expensive jewelry, art, bank accounts and other luxury assets that add to his $30 million net worth.
While most estimates put Nick Cannon’s current net worth at $30 million in 2022, this number can fluctuate year-to-year based on his income and asset valuation. But there’s no doubt he has built an impressive net worth through his entertainment career.
Nick’s Early Life and Education
Nick Cannon was born on October 17, 1980 in San Diego, California. His father, James Cannon, was a televangelist and his mother, Beth Hackett, was an accountant. Growing up, Nick was heavily involved in his father’s ministry.
When Nick was a child, he tried out stand-up comedy at his father’s church. He also performed rap music and stand-up at venues like the Improv and Laugh Factory throughout high school.
Nick attended Monte Vista High School in Spring Valley, California. He was president of the school’s Black Student Union and involved in track and field.
After graduating high school in 1998, Nick went on to Howard University in Washington, D.C. to study criminology and film. However, he left college after his sophomore year to pursue a full-time entertainment career in Hollywood.
Nick’s Personal Life and Relationships
Nick Cannon married singer Mariah Carey in 2008. They had fraternal twins named Monroe and Moroccan Scott in 2011 before separating in 2014 and finalizing their divorce in 2016.
In December 2021, Nick Cannon welcomed his 7th child Zen with model Alyssa Scott. Unfortunately, Zen passed away at 5 months old in December 2021 after battling brain cancer.
Nick Cannon has been linked to various other relationships with models and entertainers over the years. He recently announced he is expecting his 8th child with model Bre Tiesi.
Across his relationships, Nick Cannon has fathered 7 children so far: Monroe and Moroccan Scott, Golden “Sagon” Cannon, Powerful Queen Cannon, Rise Messiah Cannon, Zen Scott Cannon, and his upcoming 8th child.
Nick’s Health Problems and Activism
In 2012, Nick Cannon was hospitalized for kidney failure and lupus-related complications. His lupus has been in remission since, and he is actively involved in raising awareness for lupus.
Nick has also been vocal about racial justice and activism. He spoke at protests for the Black Lives Matter movement and demanded justice for victims of police brutality.
In 2021, Nick threatened to quit his Wild ‘N Out show amid a dispute with ViacomCBS over ownership rights. He accused the company of racism for not giving him ownership of the series he created.
Future Outlook for Nick Cannon’s Wealth
At just 41 years old, Nick Cannon still has tremendous potential to grow his wealth and net worth in the coming years. Here is an outlook on what the future may hold for Nick’s finances:
- Continuing to host popular shows like The Masked Singer and expanding his Nick Cannon talk show. Long-term hosting gigs provide stable income.
- New business ventures and investments. Nick could found new companies or invest his wealth further.
- Real estate purchases. Nick already owns $2.5 million in real estate, and could buy more properties.
- Increased ownership of content. Nick will likely fight for more creative ownership of his shows after his dispute with ViacomCBS.
- Leveraging his personal brand for sponsorships. Nick commands six figures for brand sponsorships and endorsements.
- Passive income from royalties. Nick will continue earning royalties from acting, music and content he helped create.
While already wealthy, Nick Cannon has the drive and work ethic to earn even more in the coming years through smart investments and leveraging his skills and personal brand as an entertainer. A net worth of $50 million or more certainly seems achievable if he continues on this trajectory.
In summary, Nick Cannon has accumulated an impressive net worth of approximately $30 million as of 2022. He earned this wealth through a diverse range of income sources across music, acting, comedy, hosting, business, and investing. Some key revenue streams include his work with Nickelodeon, films, music, Ncredible Entertainment, hosting gigs, and brand deals.
As Nick continues his multifaceted career, his net worth is likely to keep rising. He shows no signs of slowing down and continues to take on new projects across TV, film, and business. With his drive and hustle, Nick Cannon has cemented himself as one of the most successful entertainers of his generation and built an impressive $30 million net worth along the way.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nick Cannon’s Net Worth
How did Nick Cannon get so rich?
Nick Cannon accumulated his wealth through various endeavors across music, acting, comedy, hosting, business and investing. His big breaks came from hit shows on Nickelodeon, MTV and NBC. He also earned millions from music sales, movies, and brand deals.
What is Nick Cannon’s salary?
Nick Cannon earned around $70,000 per episode as the host of America’s Got Talent according to reports. He likely earns over $10 million per year from his various jobs and business ventures currently.
What is the most Nick Cannon has made in a year?
It’s estimated Nick Cannon earned around $15 million in a single year at the height of his America’s Got Talent hosting duties and other projects. This was likely between 2009-2016 during his AGT run.
How much does Nick Cannon make per show?
While Nick’s current per show salary is not known, he was reportedly paid $70,000 per episode of AGT from 2009-2016. Given his continued success, he likely earns over six figures per episode or appearance across his projects.
What businesses does Nick Cannon own?
Nick Cannon owns Ncredible Entertainment production company. He also has a partnership with RadioShack. Nick previously owned a clothing line called Ncredible. He also has equity stakes in companies like Monster Beverage, Netflix and Apple.
Does Nick Cannon own Wild ‘n Out?
Nick Cannon created the show Wild ‘N Out and served as executive producer. However, it was produced and aired by MTV and Viacom Media Networks. In 2017, Nick filed a $1 billion lawsuit against Viacom for withholding royalties from the show before settling.
How much is Nick Cannon’s net worth compared to other hosts?
Compared to other TV hosts, Nick Cannon has an impressive net worth of $30 million. This is comparable to Ryan Seacrest ($450 million), Jimmy Fallon ($60 million) and Ellen DeGeneres ($500 million). Among younger hosts, Nick is one of the wealthiest.
How much are Nick Cannon’s shoes and clothing line worth?
Nick Cannon’s former clothing line Ncredible was estimated to be worth around $100 million on its own at its peak. The exact value of his Nike Air Jordan shoe collaboration is unknown, but likely worth multi-millions given Nick’s brand influence.
What businesses and endorsements contribute to Nick’s wealth?
Major business and endorsement deals that contribute to Nick Cannon’s $30 million net worth include Ncredible Entertainment, RadioShack, Monster Energy, Nike Air Jordan, Pepsi, NBCUniversal, Radio Networks, and more. Brand deals provide significant income.