Dean Norris has built an impressive acting career spanning over 30 years on both the big and small screen. He is best known for portraying DEA agent Hank Schrader on the hit TV series Breaking Bad. With his long and successful career, many fans are curious – what is Dean Norris’ net worth?
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Dean Norris was born on April 8, 1963 in South Bend, Indiana. His father was a music professor and his mother was an elementary school teacher. Norris became interested in acting while in high school and started performing in local theater productions.
After high school, Norris attended Harvard University where he graduated with a bachelors degree in economics. However, during his time at Harvard, Norris continued to participate in student theater groups and take drama classes.
Upon graduating Harvard in 1985, Norris moved to Chicago to pursue a professional acting career. He performed in many theater productions and took classes at the Steppenwolf Theatre Company.
Breakout Role on Breaking Bad
While Norris had small roles in film and television throughout the late 1980s and 1990s, his big break came in 2006 when he was cast as DEA agent Hank Schrader on the AMC series Breaking Bad.
The show debuted in 2008 and centered on the story of high school chemistry teacher Walter White, played by Bryan Cranston, who begins manufacturing methamphetamine after a cancer diagnosis.
As Walter White’s brother-in-law Hank Schrader, Norris plays a DEA agent who is on the hunt for the mysterious drug kingpin Heisenberg. Unbeknownst to Hank, Heisenberg turns out to be none other than Walter.
Norris portrayed Hank Schrader for all five seasons of Breaking Bad, becoming a fan favorite character. His performance earned him two Critics Choice TV Award nominations for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
Continued Success in Film and Television
Even while filming Breaking Bad, Norris continued working on other projects as well. Some of his notable film and TV credits include:
- Under the Dome (TV series, 2013-2015) – Played villainous town selectman James “Big Jim” Rennie
- The Big Bang Theory (TV series, recurring role 2013-2019) – Played Colonel Richard Williams, father to main character Sheldon Cooper
- Claws (TV series, 2017-present) – Plays recurring role of Frank Dean, a member of the Dixie Mafia
- Lost in Space (Netflix series, 2018) – Played Don West, father to central character Judy Robinson
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Film, 2019) – Played Chief Turner
- Better Call Saul (TV series 2020-present) – Reprised role of Hank Schrader
Clearly, Norris has maintained a very busy and successful acting career spanning over three decades. But what wealth has this career afforded him? Let’s take a look at Dean Norris’ net worth.| Year | Role | Project | |–|–|–| | 2008-2013 | Hank Schrader | Breaking Bad | | 2013-2015 | Big Jim Rennie | Under the Dome | | 2013-2019 | Colonel Williams | The Big Bang Theory | | 2017-Present | Frank Dean | Claws | | 2018 | Don West | Lost in Space | | 2019 | Chief Turner | Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark | | 2020-Present | Hank Schrader | Better Call Saul |
Dean Norris’ Net Worth
So what is Dean Norris’ current net worth in 2023?
Dean Norris has an estimated net worth of $4 million as of 2023. The majority of his wealth comes from his acting salary and endorsements over his impressive career spanning over 30 years.
Some key stats on Dean Norris’ rise in net worth over the years:
- His role on Breaking Bad significantly increased his fame and wealth. Estimates suggest he likely earned around $150,000 per episode by the end of the series or roughly $1.5 million per season.
- He earned around $75,000 per episode for his role on sci-fi series Under the Dome.
- Recent film roles have likely earned him paychecks of over $500,000.
- His endorsement deals and investments have also contributed to his rising net worth.
Considering he continues to act in both film and high-profile television shows, Dean Norris’ net worth will likely continue rising in coming years.
What Does Dean Norris Spend His Money On?
Though Dean Norris maintains a relatively private personal life, he has shared some details over the years about how he spends his multi-million dollar net worth:
- Real estate – Norris has invested in property with his wealth. He previously owned a $1.4 million home in LA which he sold in 2017. Reports suggest he used proceeds from that sale to purchase a larger $2.3 million home in LA to better accommodate his family.
- Education – Coming from an academic family, Norris values education. He has stated in interviews that he invested money for his four children’s college funds.
- Travel – With a burgeoning acting career, Norris travels extensively for filming and press events. When not working, he enjoys traveling the world with his family. Some destinations he has mentioned enjoying include Hawaii, Europe, and tropical beach locations.
- Cars – Norris has not confirmed any extravagant auto purchases but as a big-time actor likely owns a nice vehicle or two.
- Philanthropy – He has a charitable spirit – Norris sits on the advisory board for the Warrior Arts Alliance, an organization supporting veterans, and periodically donates to other causes as well.
Despite earning multi-millions, Norris seems to maintain a relatively low-key lifestyle focused on family. But he also clearly invests in real estate and enjoys the finer things in life with all he has earned.
How Does Dean Norris’ Net Worth Compare to Other Breaking Bad Stars?
As one of the main cast members on AMC’s hit drama Breaking Bad, how does Dean Norris’ current $4 million net worth compare to other stars from the show?
- Bryan Cranston (Walter White) – Estimated net worth of $50 million
- Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman) – Estimated net worth of $20 million
- Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman) – Estimated net worth of $16 million
- Anna Gunn (Skyler White) – Estimated net worth $6 million
- RJ Mitte (Walter Jr.) – Estimated net worth $3 million
- Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring) – Estimated net worth $8 million
So among the Breaking Bad cast, Norris ranks around the middle in terms of current net worth. Bryan Cranston leads the pack financially which makes sense given his lead role on the show and extensive career.
Dean Norris has still done very well for himself financially despite playing more of a supporting character on the series. And with his ongoing television work, his wealth will likely continue rising for years to come.
Over a long, impressive career spanning over 30 years, Dean Norris has become a familiar face on both television and film beloved by critics and fans alike. While starring on the hit series Breaking Bad, Norris saw his fame skyrocket playing the role of the dedicated, tough-as-nails DEA agent Hank Schrader.
That acclaimed performance and Norris’ continual acting roles have afforded him an estimated $4 million net worth, a great salary, and the ability to provide an excellent life for his wife and four children.
While not the highest paid star to emerge from Breaking Bad, Dean Norris has still cultivated quite an impressive net worth that places him financially above many typical working actors. And at just 60 years old, with plenty more roles on the horizon, don’t be surprised if Dean Norris’ wealth eventually lands him among Hollywood’s elite.
How much money did Dean Norris make from Breaking Bad?
Reports estimate Dean Norris earned about $150,000 per episode by the end of Breaking Bad’s five season run. In total for the entire series, he likely earned between $4-$5 million.
What is Hank Schrader’s net worth in real life?
In the fictional universe of Breaking Bad, Hank Schrader is depicted as an upper middle class DEA agent. But in real life, the actor who plays him – Dean Norris – has an estimated net worth of $4 million.
How old is Dean Norris?
Dean Norris was born on April 8, 1963. As of 2023, the talented actor is 60 years old and still going strong with his acting career.
Is Dean Norris married? How many kids does he have?
Yes, Dean Norris has been married to Bridget Squire since April 2001. The couple has four children together – daughters Sylvie (born 2003), Gigi (born 2008), and son Benny (born 2014). He keeps his family life private so not much is known about his wife and kids.
What is Dean Norris doing now? Does he still act?
Yes. Dean Norris is still actively involved in acting and has maintained a successful career into his 60s. As of 2023, he currently stars as Hank Schrader in the spin-off series Better Call Saul after reprising his fan favorite Breaking Bad role.