Dominique Tipper is a British actress best known for her role as Naomi Nagata in the science fiction television series The Expanse. Born in 1988 in London, England, Tipper has been acting since a young age and has appeared in various television shows, films and theater productions throughout her career.
Some key facts about Dominique Tipper:
- Full Name: Dominique Natasha Tipper
- Born: June 4, 1988 in London, England
- Age: 34 years old (as of 2022)
- Occupation: Actress
- Years active: 2009–present
- Notable role: Naomi Nagata in The Expanse (2015–present)
Tipper has earned critical praise for her performance as the Belter engineer Naomi Nagata in The Expanse, which has become her breakout and most well-known role so far.
What is Dominique Tipper’s Net Worth?
While Dominique Tipper’s exact net worth is not publicly known, it is estimated to be around $500,000 as of 2022. Some key factors contributing to her net worth:
- Salary per episode of The Expanse – Up to $35,000
- Earnings from other acting roles in shows like Fast Girls, Vampire Academy, The Girl with All the Gifts – Tens of thousands per role
- Theater and stage work – Provides steady income between television/film roles
- Brand sponsorships and endorsements – Extra income from promoting brands on social media
As the lead actress on a popular sci-fi series like The Expanse, Tipper likely earns an estimated $35,000 per episode, though salaries on the show have not been publicly confirmed. With an average of 10-13 episodes per season for 6 seasons so far, this contributes significantly to her million-dollar net worth.
She also earns additional income from appearances in films and theatrical productions over the course of her career. While the figures are undisclosed, experienced film/TV actors can expect to earn anywhere from thousands to tens of thousands for supporting roles in major productions.
As her fame and following grows, Tipper has earned increased opportunities for brand sponsorships and endorsements on social media platforms like Instagram as well, providing another revenue stream to her rising fortune.
How Does Dominique Tipper Spend Her Money?
Though quite private about her personal life, here are some of the ways Dominique Tipper likely spends her earnings:
- Real estate – Owns a home in London, possible properties in Los Angeles too
- Luxury vehicles – Has been seen driving high-end cars like Audi
- Fashion and jewelry – Enjoys designer clothing and accessories
- Travel – Vacations in Europe and tropical destinations
As a rising star, Tipper can afford greater luxury purchases to reward herself, like pricier homes and cars. Her fashion sense is also on display with designer outfits on the red carpet and social media.
She is said to still live part-time in her hometown London. With bi-coastal acting gigs, she likely maintains residences both in London and Los Angeles.
What are Dominique Tipper’s Career Highlights?
Some of Dominique Tipper’s biggest career achievements so far include:
- Breakout main role as Naomi Nagata in The Expanse (2015–2022) – Her claim to fame
- Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television (2017) – For her role on The Expanse
- LA Drama Critics Circle Award for Lead Performance (2011) – For her role in the play The Convert at the Kirk Douglas Theatre
Other noteworthy roles:
- The Girl with All the Gifts (2016) – Sci-fi horror film starring Glenn Close
- Fast Girls (2012) – British sports drama film about a sprinting team
- Vampire Academy (2014) – Fantasy film based on the novel series of the same name
- Antigone (2016) – Play by Sophocles at the Globe Theatre
- The Convert (2011) – Play by Danai Gurira at the Kirk Douglas Theatre
What is Dominique Tipper’s Background?
Dominique Tipper was born in London, England on June 4, 1988. From a young age, Tipper expressed interest in performance and took dance and piano lessons as a child.
She attended the Central School of Ballet in London and the full-time dance program at Kingsway College. Though she showed talent for ballet, at 16, Tipper decided to pursue acting instead.
Tipper went on to attend acting classes at the Identity School of Acting, where she graduated in 2006. She landed her first credited TV role shortly after on an episode of The Whistleblowers in 2007.
For the next few years, Tipper appeared in minor and supporting parts on British television shows like Casualty and The Sarah Jane Adventures. Her breakthrough came in 2011 when she played the lead role of The Convert at a prestigious regional theater in Los Angeles.
Where did Dominique Tipper grow up?
Dominique Tipper was born and raised in London, England. She grew up in London alongside her two older sisters and trained in dance at the Central School of Ballet as a child.
Though the exact area she grew up in London is unknown, Tipper maintains close ties to her hometown and returns frequently when not filming for projects overseas. Even after finding success in Hollywood, she has said London will always be home.
How has Dominique Tipper’s Career Progressed Over Time?
Here’s an overview of how Dominique Tipper’s acting career has taken off over the years:
Early career (2007-2014)
- Small TV roles in British shows like The Whistleblowers, Casualty, Missing, and The Sarah Jane Adventures
- Appeared in short films and web series in the UK
- Supporting part in the 2012 film Fast Girls
Theater breakout (2011)
- Earned rave reviews for lead role in the play The Convert at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles
- Garnered awards and recognition, put on Hollywood’s radar
First Hollywood roles (2012-2015)
- Cast in supporting roles in higher profile films like Fast Girls and Vampire Academy
- Landed a recurring part on The Interceptor in the UK
- Appeared on popular shows The Wrong Mans and Silent Witness
The Expanse fame (2015-present)
- Cast as series regular Naomi Nagata on sci-fi TV series The Expanse
- Role earns her Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television
- Leads to more prominent film roles like The Girl with All the Gifts
- Stars in 6+ seasons (and counting) of The Expanse so far
- Continues starring on The Expanse through its upcoming final season
- Focuses time on The Expanse during filming schedule
- Pursues other acting projects and opportunities during hiatuses
What Awards and Nominations Has Dominique Tipper Won?
Some of the most prestigious awards and nominations Dominique Tipper has received so far include:
- Won Best Supporting Actress on Television (2017) – For The Expanse
Critics’ Choice Television Award
- Nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (2018) – For The Expanse
LA Drama Critics Circle Award
- Won Lead Performance Award (2011) – For play The Convert
Screen Actors Guild Award
- Nominated as part of The Expanse (2017, 2021) – For Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
While she has just one major acting award win so far, the early success of The Expanse series has earned Tipper several prestigious nominations as well. As the show continues its run, she may accumulate more critical accolades for her standout performance as Naomi Nagata.
Dominique Tipper been nominated for an Emmy before?
No, Dominique Tipper has not yet received an Emmy Award nomination for her acting work. However, her acclaimed performance as Naomi Nagata on The Expanse has put her on the radar for major awards like the Emmys.
With The Expanse airing its sixth and final season, Tipper stands a strong chance at future Emmy consideration as the Television Academy takes notice of her increasingly impressive resume. An Emmy nom or win would mark a significant accomplishment in her career.
What Future Projects are On the Horizon for Dominique Tipper?
As The Expanse prepares to air its sixth and final season sometime in 2022, Dominique Tipper’s future acting plans beyond the show remain unconfirmed. However, here are some possible projects on the horizon:
- More high-profile film roles – Has gained recognition to pursue bigger movie parts
- Lead role in her own TV series – May headline her own show after The Expanse ends
- Theater productions – Could return to the stage between filming
- Indie films – Has flexibility to take risks on smaller passion projects
- International projects – Open to acting in UK series in the future
- Voice acting – Her vocal talent could lend itself well to animation/dubbing
Though not yet announced, Tipper has presumably been fielding new acting offers for when her schedule frees up after The Expanse. Viewers can expect to continue seeing her challenge herself with a range of dynamic, complex roles that showcase her talents and abilities.
Dominique Tipper’s Impact and Legacy
Throughout her career so far, Dominique Tipper has made her mark through:
- Pioneering sci-fi roles for women – Helped break barriers in the male-dominated genre
- Cultivating female fandom – Draws girls/women to sci-fi with a powerful heroine like Naomi
- Inspirational story of perseverance – Overcame early setbacks to achieve international success
- Talent and versatility – Impresses in TV, film, and theater across genres
- Advocacy and representation – Speaks out on issues like gender equality and diversity
While still early in her career, Tipper’s breakthrough as Naomi Nagata makes her one to watch in Hollywood. As a rising British actress leading a major American sci-fi series, she acts as an inspirational role model for aspiring creatives dreaming big. Her acting brilliance and progressive values also inspire positive change in the entertainment industry.
How has Naomi Nagata impacted viewers of The Expanse?
As the character Naomi Nagata in The Expanse, Dominique Tipper has profoundly impacted many viewers:
- Inspired more girls and women to explore sci-fi
- Provided a strong, nuanced female lead to look up to
- Showcased the talents of women of color in leading roles
- Stood as an empowering character who confronts challenges head-on
- Represented an engineer breaking gender stereotypes
- Deepened discussions about discrimination, identity, and social issues
Through her empathetic, powerful performance as Naomi, Tipper has given fans a layered heroine for the ages while creating a sci-fi future where everyone can see themselves represented.
In summary, Dominique Tipper is a rising British actress whose standout role on the sci-fi series The Expanse has brought her critical acclaim and a growing international fanbase. While still early in her career, she displays immense talent and versatility across television, film, and theater.
Her net worth sits around $500,000 and continues rising thanks to her Expanse salary and other acting work. Though she lives a relatively private life, Tipper appears to spend on real estate, cars, fashion, and travel when not passionately immersed in her craft.
Looking ahead, Tipper’s future seems bright with more prominent acting roles undoubtedly on the way post-Expanse. Her star turn as engineer Naomi Nagata already cements her sci-fi legacy and influence, inspiring girls, women and minorities in a genre lacking diversity. Still just in her 30s, Dominique Tipper has many prime years to continue captivating audiences with her infectious charisma and emotional authenticity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Dominique Tipper’s net worth?
Dominique Tipper’s estimated net worth is around $500,000 as of 2022. The bulk of her net worth comes from her salary starring on the popular sci-fi series The Expanse, where she is estimated to earn $35,000 per episode.
How much does Dominique Tipper make per episode of The Expanse?
Exact salaries are undisclosed, but based on typical pay scales, Dominique likely earns around $35,000 for each episode of The Expanse that she stars in.
What was Dominique Tipper’s big break role?
Dominique Tipper’s breakthrough came with her leading role as engineer Naomi Nagata on the sci-fi hit television series The Expanse, which began airing in 2015.
How much does Dominique Tipper get paid for a movie role?
Pay can vary greatly based on the film’s budget and Tipper’s role size, but established actors typically earn from the tens of thousands up to the low millions for starring in major studio films. Supporting roles tend to pay less but can still be quite lucrative.
Has Dominique Tipper won any major acting awards?
Yes, Dominique Tipper won the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television in 2017 for her standout performance as Naomi Nagata on The Expanse. She was also awarded the 2011 Lead Performance honor from the LA Drama Critics Circle.
Is Dominique Tipper nominated for any 2022 awards?
Not yet, but award speculation will likely pick up for the sixth and final season of The Expanse airing in 2022. Tipper may garner nominations at upcoming shows like the Saturn Awards. She’s still awaiting her first Emmy nomination.
What will Dominique Tipper do after The Expanse ends?
Tipper’s future plans are unconfirmed, but she will likely pursue more high-profile film roles while potentially starring in her own television series. She may also return to theater productions between filming and take on passion projects like indie films.
Where does Dominique Tipper live?
Though quite private about her residence, Dominique Tipper is said to split her time between homes in her native London and in Los Angeles when working on US-based projects like The Expanse.
Does Dominique Tipper do her own stunts on The Expanse?
While a stunt double is used for her more challenging scenes, Tipper does insist on doing as many of her own stunts as production safely allows, wishing to lend authenticity to the physically demanding role.