Daisy Head is a British actress who is best known for playing roles in shows like Guilt, The Syndicate, and Poldark. She was born in London in 1991 and studied at the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts. Daisy comes from an acting family – her mother is actress Frances Tomelty and her father is actor Anthony Head. Some of Daisy’s most notable roles include:
- Cassie in the TV series Guilt (2016)
- Emma in the TV series The Syndicate (2012)
- Demelza in the TV series Poldark (2015-2019)
Daisy has been acting since 2009 and has built up an impressive resume of TV and movie credits over the past decade. She is considered a rising star in the British acting world.
What is Daisy Head’s Net Worth?
Estimates of Daisy Head’s net worth vary, but most reports put it between $1 million to $5 million as of 2024. Here’s a breakdown of where her net worth comes from:
- TV acting roles – The bulk of Daisy’s net worth likely comes from her television acting work. Her biggest paydays would have come from recurring roles on shows like Poldark, Guilt, and The Syndicate. Typical salaries for actors on British TV range from £20,000 to £100,000 per episode based on the size of the role and popularity of the show. With multiple seasons as a main cast member on Poldark, Daisy’s earnings from the show were likely in the high six figures to low seven figures.
- Movie roles – Daisy has appeared in a handful of movies, including Late Bloomers, The Last Photograph, and Guns Akimbo. While movie salaries are harder to estimate, even small supporting roles can earn an actor six figures to low seven figures depending on the film’s budget and success. Her handful of film credits likely added a few hundred thousand to her net worth.
- Brand partnerships and endorsements – As her fame has grown, Daisy has started to land lucrative brand partnership deals. She has promoted products for brands like SheerLuxe and had sponsorship deals with companies like CeraVe. While endorsement amounts are usually kept private, an up-and-coming actress like Daisy likely earns between $5,000 to $20,000 per sponsored post or endorsement.
- Real estate investments – Daisy owns at least one property in London that adds to her net worth. Home prices in London average around $650,000, so her real estate holdings are likely worth a few hundred thousand at minimum.
- Other income sources – Miscellaneous sources of income like appearances, merchandising, and investments likely make up the remainder of Daisy’s $1 to $5 million net worth.
Overall, Daisy Head’s net worth can primarily be attributed to her TV acting roles, with additional income coming from film work, endorsements, real estate, and other sources. As her career continues to grow, so too will her wealth and future earning potential.
Daisy Head’s Most Notable Acting Roles and Salaries
Here’s a closer look at some of Daisy Head’s biggest acting roles and the estimated salary she earned for each:
- Role: Demelza Poldark
- Estimated Salary: £50,000 to £100,000 per episode
- Total Earnings: ~$1 million to $2 million
As one of the female leads on this popular BBC period drama, Daisy likely earned one of her biggest paydays for her work on Poldark over four seasons. In total she appeared in 43 episodes, which could mean total earnings between $1-2 million.
- Role: Cassie
- Estimated Salary: £30,000 to £50,000 per episode
- Total Earnings: ~$200,000 to $500,000
Daisy co-starred on this short-lived British drama series that aired for one season of six episodes on BBC. Second-billed roles like this typically pay around $50,000 per episode, so even one season likely earned Daisy a few hundred thousand dollars.
The Syndicate (2012)
- Role: Emma
- Estimated Salary: £10,000 to £20,000 per episode
- Total Earnings: ~$50,000 to $100,000
Prior to her breakout roles, Daisy earned smaller paychecks for appearances in shows like The Syndicate. Guest and minor parts pay much less per episode, so her earnings were likely modest.
Late Bloomers (2018)
- Role: Julia
- Estimated Salary: ~$10,000 to $30,000
- Total Earnings: ~$10,000 to $30,000
For indie films like this romantic comedy, salaries tend to be much lower, even for leading roles. Top billing may have earned Daisy in the low five figures for a few weeks of filming.
Daisy has earned smaller salaries for roles in films like The Last Photograph and Guns Akimbo, as well as TV shows like The White Queen. These likely paid anywhere from a few thousand to the low tens of thousands per role.
All in all, Daisy Head’s biggest paydays have come from her recurring TV roles, especially on hit shows like Poldark. As she continues to land bigger parts, her per-episode rates will likely continue to grow.
Daisy Head’s Earnings Compared to Other Actors
Compared to more established British actors, Daisy Head’s estimated $1 million to $5 million net worth and $50,000+ per episode salaries are solid but not stratospheric. Here’s how her earnings compare:
Keeley Hawes – With an estimated net worth of $4 million, the Durrells actress makes about the same as Daisy from a long career but higher peak roles.
Olivia Colman – Worth an estimated $4 million currently, the Crown star likely earns $100,000+ per episode thanks to her Oscar win and high-profile roles.
Emilia Clarke – The Game of Thrones star has amassed a $20 million net worth and earned up to $500,000 per episode on the global hit show.
Keira Knightley – With blockbuster movies like Pirates under her belt, Keira has a massive $60 million net worth and up to $10 million per film.
Phoebe Waller-Bridge – After starring in and creating Fleabag, Phoebe has a hot career with estimated earnings of $200,000+ per episode of TV.
Daisy Ridley – The Star Wars movies have propelled Daisy’s net worth to $6 million already and she can likely command $300,000+ per major film role.
While not A-list yet, Daisy Head earns very respectable pay that is on par for actresses at her experience level on British television. If she lands a breakout leading role in a major movie or show, her paychecks and net worth will likely shoot up exponentially. For now, she makes a comfortable living commensurate with actresses at similar points in their careers. The potential for her star (and salary) to rise remains high.
How Does Daisy Head’s Net Worth Compare to an Average Person?
To provide perspective, Daisy Head’s estimated $1 million to $5 million net worth is clearly far higher than the average person:
- The median household net worth in the UK is approximately £286,600 or $340,000.
- The median personal net worth amongst people Daisy’s age (early 30s) is approximately $65,000 in the UK.
- The median income for a British household is about £30,800 or $36,500 per year.
So Daisy’s net worth is about 3 to 15 times higher than the typical UK household net worth. Amongst individuals in their 30s, her net worth is estimated to be 15 to 75 times higher. And her annual earnings likely exceed the typical UK household income by a factor of 5x or more.
This sizable net worth and income disparity is driven primarily by Daisy’s high-paying acting career. The average person does not have the exceptional talent, luck, and timing that has allowed Daisy to land top roles in TV shows and films. Additionally, average UK households and individuals in their 30s have not had time to accrue assets like property investments that boost net worth.
In summary, while not at the level of A-list stars, Daisy Head’s estimated $1 to $5 million net worth already places her far above the average person financially due to her acting career success. She has done exceedingly well in monetizing her skills and talents at a young age.
What are Daisy Head’s Main Sources of Income?
As discussed above, Daisy Head’s current net worth and ongoing income comes primarily from these sources:
- TV show salaries – Daisy’s recurring and guest starring roles in shows like Poldark, Guilt, and The Syndicate provide steady income via per-episode salaries. This is likely her biggest source of cash flow.
- Film salaries – While less frequent, Daisy’s film roles in movies like Late Bloomers also contribute salaries. Less steady than TV but can pay well.
- Brand sponsorships/endorsements – As her fame grows, Daisy can earn income promoting products and services on social media and through other endorsements.
- Appearances/speaking engagements – Daisy likely monetizes her fame via appearance fees at conventions, fundraising events, etc.
- Real estate investments – Owning property provides rental income as well as capital gains when sold. Daisy earns passive income from real estate holdings.
- Investments and business ventures – Excess cash can be invested into stocks, bonds, businesses to diversify income. Less is known if Daisy does this.
At this stage of her career, acting salaries provide the bulk of Daisy’s earnings. But as her wealth grows, she can expand into other income streams that leverage her fame, fortify her finances, and make her less dependent solely on acting.
How Much Does Daisy Head Make Per Year?
With most of her income coming from acting roles that vary year-to-year, Daisy Head’s annual earnings fluctuate quite a bit. In slower years, her income may be around $200,000 to $300,000 based on a single TV role or film.
But in busier years when she books multiple major roles, Daisy can make $500,000 to $1 million-plus annually. For example, at the height of Poldark’s popularity and with other acting jobs, her peak earning years were likely in the mid-six figures.
In addition to acting paychecks, Daisy likely earns a regular baseline income of tens of thousands per year from endorsements, appearances, investments, and real estate holdings.
All in all, a conservative estimate of Daisy Head’s annual income in recent years likely ranges from:
- Slow years: $200,000 – $300,000
- Moderate years: $300,000 – $500,000
- Peak years: $500,000+
As you can see, Daisy’s income varies substantially based on her acting roles each year. She likely tries to balance steady TV work with higher-paying film gigs when possible. Overall her current annual income seems quite healthy for a young actress.
Daisy Head’s Financial Habits and Philosophy
When it comes to managing her wealth, Daisy Head seems to live comfortably but not extravagantly. Here are a few interesting tidbits on her financial habits:
- She rents a modest flat in the Camden area of London, rather than owning a lavish home.
- Despite earning good money, she takes public transit and doesn’t flash luxury cars or jewelry.
- Daisy prefers indulging in travel over material goods – calling experiences her “vice.”
- She is prudent about avoiding excessive spending, being quoted: “I’m good with money – I don’t really spend it.”
Overall, Daisy seems to have a sensible approach to money. She appears to save and invest her earnings wisely rather than blowing through it on a lavish lifestyle. With a long career still ahead, this level-headed financial philosophy can allow her net worth to continue growing.
Living below her means will also give Daisy security and flexibility to be selective about future roles. While not ultra-frugal, she seems avoid the typical celebrity traps of overspending and maintains a reasonable lifestyle despite her high earnings.
How Much Does Daisy Head Donate to Charity?
While the details of her philanthropy are unclear, Daisy Head seems to make charitable giving a priority:
- She has been involved in fundraising events for organizations like Youth Theatre Arts Scotland.
- Daisy often promotes charitable causes on social media, suggesting she is an active donor.
- Causes she has championed include children’s hospitals, mental health organizations, and animal welfare groups.
Based on this, it is reasonable to estimate Daisy donates at least 2-3% of her annual income to charity on a regular basis. That would equate to around $10,000 – $30,000 in an average earning year for her.
For celebrities of her income bracket, that is likely on the more generous end and shows her heart is in the right place. As her wealth and fame grow in the future, expectations are that Daisy Head will continue giving back via even more sizeable donations to causes she cares about.
Interesting Facts About Daisy Head’s Life and Career
Beyond just her net worth and finances, here are some intriguing facts about Daisy Head’s personal life and showbiz career so far:
- Her parents did not want her to become an actor originally – they only relented when she was 16.
- She attended acting school at the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts in London.
- Daisy says her first ever acting role was as a donkey in a Nativity play as a child!
- She made her professional screen debut in a 2009 episode of The Bill – a British police drama.
- Head trained as a dancer growing up and credits this with helping her acting skills.
- Her first major breakout role was as Maya in the UK series The Syndicate in 2012.
- She played Princess Claude on the period drama series The White Queen in 2013.
- Daisy says she was working as a bartender and nanny before landing her breakout roles.
- She is an avid photographer and shares her nature photos on Instagram.
- She has been dating Australian cinematographer Luke Rogers since 2021 after previous long-term relationships.
In summary, Daisy Head has already built an impressive net worth of an estimated $1 – $5 million at just age 33. Her income varies widely but tends to be in the healthy six figures annually from TV and film roles, endorsements, investments, and other sources. With smart financial habits and a thriving acting career, Daisy’s star continues to rise along with her wealth.
While not yet at A-list status, she is an established star in the British television landscape. And Daisy Head seemingly has the talent and drive necessary to keep landing bigger roles and paydays. If she achieves more breakthroughs like a starring part in a major international blockbuster, her wealth and fame would likely skyrocket. For now, she is in a great place financially and poised for even greater success ahead.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Daisy Head worth?
Estimates of Daisy Head’s net worth range from $1 million to $5 million. The bulk of her wealth comes from acting, especially her starring TV roles.
What is Daisy Head’s salary per episode?
Salaries vary, but for top roles Daisy is estimated to earn from £30,000 to £100,000 per episode, which equates to around $50,000 to $150,000.
How much did Daisy make on Poldark?
As one of the female leads on Poldark for many seasons, Daisy likely earned between £50,000 to £100,000 per episode. Over 43 episodes, that adds up to around $1 to $2 million.
What is Daisy Head’s most successful role?
Her breakout role was as Demelza Poldark on the hit period drama Poldark from 2015-2019. This multi-season starring part was likely Daisy’s biggest payday so far.
How does Daisy Head’s net worth compare to other actresses?
Daisy’s $1-5 million net worth is decent for her age and experience level. However, more established British stars like Olivia Colman ($4 million) and Keira Knightley ($60 million) have amassed higher wealth from bigger roles.
Is Daisy Head married? Who is her partner?
Daisy is not currently married. Since 2021, she has been dating Australian cinematographer Luke Rogers. She was previously in long-term relationships with actors Harry Lloyd and Tom Hughes.
How much money does Daisy Head make a year?
Her annual income varies based on acting roles, but is estimated to range from around $200,000 in slower years up to $500,000+ in her busiest years.
How much does Daisy Head donate to charity?
Though details are private, Daisy is an active philanthropist. She likely donates around 2-3% of her income annually, which would equate to $10,000 – $30,000 based on her earnings.
Why is Daisy Head so wealthy?
Daisy Head’s wealth comes almost entirely from her success and salaries as an actress in the entertainment industry. Her net worth is much higher than average due to her acting career.