Emily Blunt is an award-winning British-American actress known for her roles in films like The Devil Wears Prada, The Young Victoria, Edge of Tomorrow, A Quiet Place, and Mary Poppins Returns. With a career spanning almost 20 years, Blunt has established herself as one of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in Hollywood. But what is Emily Blunt’s net worth?
What is Emily Blunt’s Net Worth?
According to multiple sources, Emily Blunt’s net worth is estimated to be around $20 million as of 2024. The majority of her wealth comes from her lucrative film career where she commands millions per movie. Her highest paycheck was likely for 2018’s Mary Poppins Returns where she earned $15 million.
Here’s a quick overview of how Emily Blunt built her impressive $20 million net worth:
- Earned $8 million for The Girl on the Train (2016)
- Made $7-9 million for A Quiet Place (2018) and its sequel
- Collected $15 million for starring in Mary Poppins Returns (2018)
- Commands $8-10 million per movie on average currently
- Earned millions more from older films like The Devil Wears Prada, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Looper, Edge of Tomorrow, Into the Woods, Sicario, etc.
- Has lucrative endorsement deals with brands like YSL Beauty.
In addition to her $20 million net worth, Emily Blunt also owns several luxury properties around the world including a beautiful Brooklyn townhouse worth over $6 million.
So in summary, with her A-list movie career still going strong, Emily Blunt has amassed an impressive net worth of approximately $20 million as of 2024. And this number continues to grow with every new film project she takes on.
|Total Net Worth
|Salary Per Movie
|$6+ million Brooklyn townhouse
How Does Emily Blunt Make Her Money?
The vast majority of Emily Blunt’s multimillion dollar net worth comes from her lucrative salary as an actress in high-profile films. Some of the ways she has amassed her wealth over her career include:
As one of the most in-demand actresses in Hollywood, Blunt commands big paychecks for every film she stars in now. She can make anywhere from $8-15 million per movie role currently.
Some of her biggest paydays have included:
- $15 million for Mary Poppins Returns in 2018
- $8 million for The Girl on the Train in 2016
- $7-9 million for A Quiet Place and its sequel
- $8-10 million for films like Jungle Cruise and Oppenheimer
Due to her A-list status, she earns much more per film now than early in her career.
Backend Deals & Residuals
In addition to upfront salary, Blunt also negotiates lucrative backend deals on many projects entitling her to a cut of the film’s profits.
For movies like A Quiet Place and Mary Poppins Returns which grossed over $300 million each, this likely added millions more to her earnings.
She also continues to collect residuals on her older popular films like The Devil Wears Prada and Looper. The ongoing royalties from these movies contributes steadily to her net worth.
While not a huge source of income, Emily Blunt does have selective endorsement deals that pay her well. She been the face of YSL Beauty since 2015 which likely earns her a seven-figure paycheck.
She also signed a marketing campaign with Revlon in 2022 and has partnered with high fashion brands like Michael Kors in the past.
SERP Question: What are Emily Blunt’s biggest movies at the box office?
Emily Blunt has starred in multiple high-grossing blockbuster films that rank among the biggest box office hits of her career so far. Here are some of Emily Blunt’s biggest movies ranked by worldwide box office gross:
- Mary Poppins Returns (2018) – $349 million
- Jungle Cruise (2021) – $244 million
- A Quiet Place Part II (2020) – $297 million
- Into the Woods (2014) – $213 million
- The Devil Wears Prada (2006) – $326 million
- Looper (2012) – $176 million
- Edge of Tomorrow (2014) – $370 million
- The Girl on the Train (2016) – $173 million
- A Quiet Place (2018) – $340 million
- The Huntsman: Winter’s War (2016) – $165 million
As you can see, some of Blunt’s biggest commercial hits have been recent films like Mary Poppins Returns, Jungle Cruise, A Quiet Place 1 & 2, and The Girl on the Train – all of which grossed over $170+ million worldwide. But she’s also had major box office successes earlier in her career with The Devil Wears Prada and Looper.
How Does Emily Blunt’s Net Worth Compare to Her Husband John Krasinski?
Emily Blunt has been married to actor and director John Krasinski since 2010. Together they form one of the highest-profile and most successful couples in Hollywood.
So how does Blunt’s net worth and earnings compare to her husband’s wealth?
Emily Blunt’s net worth is estimated at $20 million currently. Her highest single payday was $15 million for Mary Poppins Returns.
John Krasinski’s net worth is estimated at around $100 million as of 2024. While a sizable chunk of his wealth comes from acting, he’s also accumulated millions from directing, producing and writing.
Some key differences between Emily and John’s net worths and careers:
- Krasinski has been acting for 5 years longer (starting 1999) allowing more time to build wealth.
- He earned $20 million alone for starring in and selling A Quiet Place. He nets backend profits as director/writer too.
- Has had steady income from The Office residuals over the years.
- Makes millions producing and directing projects via his company Sunday Night Productions.
- Has doubled his net worth in the past 3-4 years due to smart investments and career decisions.
While Blunt’s $20 million is very impressive, Krasinski’s estimated $100 million net worth reveals the earning power he has as a multi-hyphenate Hollywood star. He has been able to maximize his various roles as actor, director, producer and writer.
But as a power couple, John and Emily have both done tremendously well financially through their own successful careers. And with their continued popularity, their net worths should keep rising steadily.
|Emily Blunt Net Worth
|John Krasinski Net Worth
What Are Emily Blunt’s Most Notable Acting Roles?
Some of Emily Blunt’s most famous and critically acclaimed acting roles over her career so far include:
The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
One of Blunt’s earliest breakout roles was as Emily Charlton in this hit Anne Hathaway comedy. Her memorable performance as Miranda Priestly’s senior assistant earned her a Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe nomination.
The Young Victoria (2009)
Blunt earned critical praise for her starring role portraying the early life of Queen Victoria in this period drama. She won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama.
Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
In this sci-fi action thriller alongside Tom Cruise, Blunt played warrior Rita Vrataski. Her performance revealed her versatility as an action star.
A Quiet Place (2018)
Blunt starred opposite her husband John Krasinski as Evelyn Abbott in this hugely successful horror film. Her emotional performance earned her Screen Actors Guild and Critics Choice nominations.
Mary Poppins Returns (2018)
Blunt took on the iconic title role in this musical sequel. She earned Golden Globe and SAG nominations for putting her own spin on the classic character.
A Quiet Place Part II (2020)
Reprising her character Evelyn Abbott, Blunt continued to impress critics and fans with her nuanced performance in this tense thriller.
With her incredible range and consistently acclaimed performances, Blunt has cemented herself as one of the most talented and sought-after actresses today.
What awards has Emily Blunt won for acting?
Some of the most significant awards and nominations Emily Blunt has received for her acclaimed acting over the years include:
- Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress – The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
- Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama – The Young Victoria (2009)
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture – The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
- Critics Choice Movie Award for Best Actress in an Action Movie – Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
- Critics Choice Nomination for Best Actress – A Quiet Place (2018)
- Screen Actors Guild Nomination for Female Actor in a Leading Role – A Quiet Place (2018)
- Golden Globe Nomination for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy – Mary Poppins Returns (2018)
- Screen Actors Guild Nomination for Female Actor in a Leading Role – Mary Poppins Returns (2018)
Though nominated many other times, her two Golden Globe wins for The Devil Wears Prada and The Young Victoria represent major acting achievements.
Blunt’s lack of Academy Award nominations and wins despite her critical acclaim has been considered an omission by many over the years. But her array of Golden Globes, Critics Choice, SAG awards and nominations attest to her respected acting abilities.
How Much Are Emily Blunt’s Homes & Cars Worth?
Given her multimillion dollar net worth, Emily Blunt owns several lavish homes and luxury vehicles:
Brooklyn Townhouse – $6 Million
Blunt’s primary residence is a beautiful townhouse in Brooklyn, New York purchased with husband John Krasinski in 2016 for $6 million.
Ojai Estate – $3.5 Million
She also owns a 4-acre estate in Ojai, California with Krasinski bought in 2019 for $3.5 million.
London Apartment – est. $2 Million+
Blunt also owns a high-end apartment in her native London, England likely worth over $2 million.
Los Angeles Mansion – Sold for $3.5 Million
Previously Blunt and her husband owned a lavish mansion in Los Angeles purchased in 2012 for $2.3 million and sold in 2017 for $3.5 million.
Lexus RX SUV – Blunt has been spotted driving this luxury SUV often valued around $50,000+
Range Rover SUV – She reportedly received a custom Range Rover as a gift from her husband worth over $100,000.
While cars don’t seem to be a huge splurge for the star, Blunt does invest in luxurious homes worth millions across the U.S. and U.K. Her expensive property portfolio is likely to continue expanding.
What charity and philanthropy does Emily Blunt support?
Emily Blunt is involved in philanthropy and supports various charitable causes, some of the most notable include:
- American Institute for Stuttering – Blunt struggled with stuttering herself and is on the board of this non-profit institute providing therapy and support for stuttering.
- SIDS Research – After Blunt’s first niece died of SIDS as a baby, she supports organizations researching sudden infant death syndrome.
- Lyme Research – Blunt advocates for Lyme disease research and treatment after suffering from the illness.
- International Rescue Committee – She is an IRC Global Ambassador focused on helping refugees, raising awareness and funds.
- All it Takes – Supporter of this non-profit encouraging young people to promote positive change and take action.
- UNICEF – Goodwill Ambassador and outspoken advocate for UNICEF supporting vulnerable children worldwide.
Blunt lent her voice for the charity single “Everybody Hurts” to raise funds for Haiti earthquake victims in 2010. She also uses her social media platform to promote and bring awareness to multiple other charities and causes she supports.
Overall, Emily Blunt actively uses her celebrity status to support philanthropic organizations and help various vulnerable groups through advocacy and fundraising.
How Much Does Emily Blunt Make a Year?
It’s estimated that Emily Blunt earns around $12-15 million per year currently, though her annual income can fluctuate depending on how many acting projects or endorsement deals she takes on.
Here’s a rough breakdown of Emily Blunt’s potential average earnings per year:
- Movie Salary: $8-10 million per film (1-2 films per year)
- Back-end Profit Shares: $1-3 million per film depending on box office success
- Residuals from Past Movies/TV: $500k – $1 million
- Endorsements & Sponsorships: $500k – $1 million
- Investments and Other Income: $500k+
Blunt’s highest earning years have been those where she commands a big upfront salary for major films like The Girl on the Train, Mary Poppins Returns, or A Quiet Place. But even in slower years she can rake in $5-8 million from residuals and other income sources.
The actress is still very much in demand in Hollywood. So with major projects on the horizon like 2023’s Oppenheimer, Blunt’s annual income shows no signs of slowing down yet.
Emily Blunt’s ascension to being one of the highest paid and most sought-after actresses in the industry is a testament to not just her undeniable talent, but also her shrewd business sense and work ethic.
With a reputation for always delivering great performances no matter the role, Blunt continues to be selective about the projects she takes on. This strategy has allowed her to build an impressive $20 million net worth by often earning $8-15 million for each film.
Unlike many stars, she has stayed away from overly flashy manifestations of wealth, focusing instead on expanding her luxury residential portfolio over the years. She also devotes time and resources to supporting charitable causes close to her heart.
As her career enters its third decade, the 35-year-old star is still hitting new heights both critically and commercially. With upcoming films like Oppenheimer already generating Oscar buzz, don’t be surprised to see Emily Blunt’s net worth continue climbing steadily in the coming years as she cementifies her status as Hollywood royalty.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Emily Blunt worth?
Emily Blunt’s net worth is estimated to be around $20 million as of 2024. The majority of her wealth comes from her successful acting career where she now earns around $8-15 million per movie role.
What was Emily Blunt’s biggest movie paycheck?
Blunt’s highest single payday was likely the $15 million she earned for starring as the title role in 2018’s Mary Poppins Returns.
What was Emily Blunt’s breakthrough role?
Many consider The Devil Wears Prada in 2006 to be Blunt’s major breakout role. Her memorable performance as Emily Charlton earned her widespread praise, awards attention and greater fame.
How much does Emily Blunt make per year?
It’s estimated Emily Blunt earns around $12-15 million per year on average currently. Her annual income varies depending on how many films, endorsement deals, investments or other projects she takes on each year.
How much money did Emily Blunt make from A Quiet Place?
While her exact salary is undisclosed, reports suggest Blunt likely earned between $7-9 million upfront for both A Quiet Place and its sequel A Quiet Place Part II. She likely earned even more from box office bonuses.
Is Emily Blunt richer than her husband John Krasinski?
No, John Krasinski’s net worth at around $100 million is much higher than his wife Emily Blunt’s $20 million net worth currently. This is partly due to Krasinski’s lucrative salaries as a director/producer.
What does Emily Blunt spend her money on?
She invests primarily in luxury real estate like her $6 million Brooklyn townhouse. She also spends on nicer cars, vacations, charitable donations and other lifestyle expenses befitting her celebrity status.
Why is Emily Blunt so rich?
Emily Blunt has amassed her wealth mainly from her successful acting career earning millions per film. Her reputation as a top leading lady ensures she can command big paychecks for any role she takes on.
What business ventures does Emily Blunt have?
Unlike some celebrities, Blunt is not currently involved in any major business ventures outside of acting and endorsements. Her income mainly comes from her movie career.