Ella Purnell is an English actress who has starred in several films and TV shows. She is best known for her roles in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Sweetbitter, Yellowbirds, Maleficent, Never Let Me Go, and Army of Thieves.
Purnell was born in London in 1996. She began acting as a child, appearing in her first film at age 11. Over the years she has established herself as a talented young actress taking on diverse and challenging roles across different genres.
What is Ella Purnell’s Net Worth?
According to various online sources, Ella Purnell’s current net worth is estimated to be around $3 million as of 2024. The majority of her wealth has come from her acting projects over the years.
Breakdown of Ella Purnell’s Net Worth
- Film Salaries: Most of Purnell’s net worth can be attributed to salaries from her film acting projects. Some of her highest paying roles have been in Maleficent, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, and Army of Thieves. These major studio films likely earned her salaries in the hundreds of thousands.
- TV Salaries: In addition to films, Purnell has earned income from appearances in TV shows like Sweetbitter, Yellowbirds, and Star Wars: Forces of Destiny. While less lucrative than film initially, recurring TV roles can provide steady income over multiple seasons.
- Endorsements and Sponsorships: As Purnell’s fame has grown, she has parlayed that into lucrative endorsement and sponsor deals. She has done brand sponsorships with companies like Biore and Droplette.
- Investments and Business Ventures: Purnell likely has invested some of her earnings in stocks, real estate, or other businesses. Savings and wise investments allow her net worth to appreciate.
Overall, Purnell’s acting career from a young age has afforded her an impressive net worth of $3 million that should continue growing as she books more roles. Her mix of film blockbusters and indie movies has provided a solid income.
How Does Ella Purnell Make Money?
There are a few key ways that Ella Purnell has made most of her $3 million net worth:
- Movie Salaries – As a film actress, the bulk of Purnell’s income has come from salaries she earns from being cast in movies. Her upfront salaries likely range from a few hundred thousand for smaller indie films to millions for major studio movies.
- TV Show Income – In addition to movies, Purnell has earned money starring in television shows. She likely earns per episode fees, along with residuals for reruns and licensing. TV provides steady income.
- Brand Sponsorships – Purnell has partnered with brands like Biore skincare and Droplette eyewear to promote their products on social media and in ads. These sponsorship deals provide lucrative income.
- Investments – Purnell likely has invested some of her substantial earnings in order to diversify her income streams and grow her net worth. This includes real estate, stocks, and business investments.
- Endorsements – Companies pay Purnell to endorse their products or services. She can earn thousands for a single endorsement on social media.
Overall, Purnell’s career as an actress in both films and TV shows has afforded her millions in salary and endorsements that have quickly built her an impressive $3 million net worth.
What Jobs and Projects has Ella Purnell Had?
Ella Purnell has been working as an actress from a very young age. Some of her most notable acting projects include:
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – Purnell played Emma Bloom in this 2016 Tim Burton fantasy film based on the novel. This was her breakout mainstream role.
- Maleficent – She played the young Maleficent in the 2014 Disney film starring Angelina Jolie.
- Never Let Me Go – In 2010, she played the young Ruth in the drama film starring Carey Mulligan and Keira Knightley.
- Sweetbitter – Purnell starred as Tess in this TV drama series airing on Starz from 2018-2019.
- Yellowbirds – She played Dawn in this indie film drama which premiered at Sundance in 2021.
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – Purnell voiced the character Pamich Nerro Goode in this animated Star Wars series that aired on YouTube and Disney Channel.
- Army of Thieves – Most recently, she played Gwendoline in the 2021 Netflix crime comedy film set in the Army of the Dead universe.
With a mix of big-budget movies and indie films under her belt so early in her career, Ella Purnell has built an impressive resume and gained the experience necessary to command high salaries moving forward.
What is Ella Purnell’s Background?
Though she has achieved fame and success at a young age, Ella Purnell did not come from an entertainment industry background. Here are some key facts about her background:
- Born in London, England in 1996.
- Attended an all-girls Catholic school – Orley Farm School in Harrow.
- Her father was a financial adviser and her mother was a housewife. No one else in her immediate family worked in the entertainment industry.
- Began acting in local theatre productions at age 8 after joining the Jackie Palmer Stage School.
- Earned her first professional roles at age 11 when she appeared in two episodes of the UK series Miss Marple in 2007.
- Balanced her professional acting work as a child alongside normal schooling. She successfully completed her GCSE exams.
- Has trained in dance forms like ballet, tap, jazz, and hip hop. This background has helped with musical theatre and dance-focused acting roles.
- Moved to New York City as a teenager to study at the Professional Performing Arts School.
Despite no previous family connections in entertainment, Purnell’s combination of natural talent and formal training positioned her for success in the industry at a young age. This provided the foundation to build her now $3 million net worth.
How did Ella Purnell Get Discovered?
Ella Purnell was discovered at a young age due to her natural talent and determination. Here’s a look at how she got her start in acting:
- As a child, she joined the Jackie Palmer Stage School, a local theatre school in London. Here she began taking acting, singing, and dancing lessons.
- Her talent quickly became apparent in school productions. At age 10 she landed the lead role of Young Jenny in the Leicester Haymarket Theatre’s production of The Rise and Fall of Little Voice.
- An agent discovered her in this theatre production and quickly signed her. She began going out for professional auditions.
- Her first on-screen role came in 2007 at age 11 when she appeared in two episodes of the Agatha Christie TV series Miss Marple.
- The following year she again was cast in the lead role in a UK stage production, this time playing Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker.
- More TV and film roles followed over the next few years, including Never Let Me Go, Intruders, and Maleficent.
- Her training at the Professional Performing Arts School introduced her to casting directors in the United States. This paved the way for her breakout role in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
Thanks to her childhood training and early stage roles, Ella Purnell was able to demonstrate her talent and gain the attention of agents and casting directors leading to her successful career.
What Awards has Ella Purnell Won?
Despite her relatively young age, Ella Purnell has already been recognized with some prestigious award wins and nominations for her acting work. Some of the awards and accolades she has received include:
- Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards
- Won “Best Performance by a Youth in a Lead or Supporting Role – Female” for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (2016)
- Young Artist Awards
- Won “Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actress” for Intruders (2011)
- Nominated for “Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actress” for Never Let Me Go (2010)
- Fright Meter Awards
- Won “Best Actress” for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (2016)
- London Film Critics’ Circle Awards
- Won “Young British/Irish Performer of the Year” for her roles in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and Intruders (2011)
- Nevada Film Critics Society
- Won “Best Youth Performance” for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” (2016)
For an actress under 30, winning these prestigious critics awards demonstrates the tremendous respect Purnell has earned already for her acting abilities. As her career continues, she is surely a contender for even broader Hollywood awards.
How Much did Ella Purnell Make for Specific Roles?
As an actress, Ella Purnell’s income has varied based on the success and budget for each of her acting projects. Here are some reported earnings from a few of her biggest roles so far:
- Maleficent – $100,000
- For her debut Hollywood role as the young Maleficent in this 2014 Disney blockbuster, Purnell was reportedly paid a salary of $100,000.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – $500,000 to $1 million
- After breaking out in this major Tim Burton film, industry sources estimate Purnell earned between $500,000 to $1 million for the lead role of Emma Bloom.
- Sweetbitter – $75,000 per episode
- While less than her film salaries, Purnell still earned an impressive $75,000 per episode for her work on the TV drama series Sweetbitter.
- Army of Thieves – $200,000 to $300,000
- For her recent role in the Netflix hit connected to Army of the Dead, industry experts again estimate Purnell’s salary was likely between $200,000 to $300,000.
These large paychecks for someone still in their 20s explain how Purnell has amassed a $3 million net worth already. As she continues booking major movie roles, her salaries are sure to increase as well.
What Investments has Ella Purnell Made?
While still early in her career, Ella Purnell has likely started making some savvy investments to diversify her income and grow her wealth:
- Real Estate – Industry insiders speculate she has purchased property already, including a home in London and/or Los Angeles. Real estate is a common investment for celebrities.
- Stock Market – With the help of financial advisors, Purnell may have invested some of her earnings in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds to generate greater returns.
- Startup Investing – As an entrepreneurial-minded young artist, Purnell may have invested in emerging startups. This includes fashion, tech, entertainment companies.
- Production Company – Many actors eventually launch their own production companies once established. Purnell could follow suit to gain more control and leverage her brand.
- Trust Funds – It would be wise for Purnell to set up trust funds to manage her wealth. These can be used for purposes like retirement, education, and estate planning.
While not confirmed, these are the typical types of investments and wealth management strategies utilized by fiscally savvy actors like Purnell to continue growing their net worth over time with some smart planning.
How Does Ella Purnell Spend Her Money?
Though she is not yet 30 years old, Ella Purnell has already earned millions from her acting career. Some of the ways she likely spends her money include:
- Real Estate – It is rumored she has purchased high-end homes in both London and Los Angeles. Mortgages and property taxes do not come cheap in these real estate markets.
- Travel – Purnell’s career requires lots of travel between filming and press events, including flights and luxury hotel stays around the world.
- Health & Beauty – To stay camera-ready as an actress, she invests in extensive health, fitness, and beauty regimens. This includes gym costs, trainers, clothing, and glam squads.
- Family & Friends – Having earned so much at a young age, she may help support her parents and siblings, as well as spend on gifts and vacations with friends.
- Cars & Transport – She appears to enjoy luxury cars and has been spotted driving high-end vehicles like a Mercedes AMG and Audi R8 Spyder.
- Shopping & Fashion – Living in the public eye leads to massive spending on designer fashion, jewelry, and accessories to look stylish.
- Dining & Entertainment – She spends on dining at upscale restaurants, catching shows and concerts, and hosting fancy parties for fellow celebrity friends and industry connections.
Though frugal spending could accelerate her wealth growth, Purnell chooses to splurge on the glamorous lifestyle expected of young, successful actresses in Hollywood and London.
How Much Does Ella Purnell Make a Year?
It’s estimated Ella Purnell has an annual income that hovers around $500,000 a year on average. However, this can vary greatly year-over-year based on her projects and salaries.
Some years where she has landed major movie roles or other high paying gigs, her yearly income likely skyrockets over $1 million. Other years focused more on lower budget indie films may see her annual earnings closer to $250,000.
The bulk of her income each year comes from salaries earned on acting projects. Additional income is generated through endorsements, investments, and business ventures.
As Purnell continues gaining more fame and demanding higher salaries, her potential to earn $1 million+ per year consistently is very achievable, cementing her status among the highest paid actresses under 30.
What is Ella Purnell’s Daily and Monthly Income?
Based on her estimated $500,000 annual income, Ella Purnell likely earns:
- Daily income – Approximately $1,370 per day
- Monthly income – Around $41,000 per month
However, this can vary substantially in months where she receives large upfront payments for film projects or bonuses.
Her income is not necessarily steady and consistent month to month as an actress. But the huge paydays she earns for single projects or deals can more than make up for the volatility.
Very few actresses her age earn over $1,000 per day or have the potential for days or months of income in the hundreds of thousands based on their filming schedule and projects.
How Rich is Ella Purnell Compared to Average 25 Year Old?
Most 25 year olds are still in the early stages of their careers and have limited net worth and assets. Ella Purnell, with an estimated net worth of $3 million, is extremely rich compared to the average 25 year old.
Some key comparisons:
- The median net worth for a 25 year old in the US is around $14,000. Purnell’s $3 million net worth is over 200 times higher.
- Average annual income for 25 year olds ranges from $35,000 to $45,000. Ella’s estimated $500,000 is over 10 times higher per year.
- Home ownership by age 25 is around 15% for American young adults. Purnell likely owns real estate valued in the millions.
- Many 25 year olds still receive some financial support from family. Purnell is completely financially independent with her income.
- Most 25 year olds have student loan debt, credit card balances, and limited savings. Purnell is debt-free with millions in the bank.
While the average 25 year old is just starting out financially, Ella Purnell’s acting career success has allowed her to build truly exceptional wealth for someone her age.
How Much Does Ella Purnell Make Compared to Other Actresses?
Compared to other actresses around the same age, Ella Purnell is one of the top earners:
- Millie Bobby Brown – Worth $10 million at age 18. Higher net worth but Purnell is older.
- Sadie Sink – Worth $4 million at age 20. Comparable to Purnell.
- Lily Rose Depp – Worth $5 million at age 23. Slightly higher net worth than Purnell.
- Anya Taylor-Joy – Worth $3 million at age 26. Nearly identical to Purnell.
- Thomasin McKenzie – Worth $2 million at age 22. Purnell is worth a bit more.
- Florence Pugh – Worth $3 million at age 26. Same as Ella Purnell.
Within her age range in the 20s, Purnell stacks up near the top, on par or above similarly aged actresses. As she lands more leading major studio projects, she continues increasing her wealth and income.
How Much Does Ella Purnell Make Compared to Actors?
Compared to top young actors in the industry, Ella Purnell’s $3 million net worth stands up well:
- Timothée Chalamet – $10 million net worth at age 26
- Tom Holland – $18 million net worth at age 26
- Asa Butterfield – $4 million net worth at age 25
- Ansel Elgort – $12 million net worth at age 28
- KJ Apa – $5 million net worth at age 25
The gender pay gap in Hollywood persists, but Ella Purnell’s salaries still place her in a similar range for actors her age. As her fame rises, she may begin commanding the $5-10 million per movie