Jessica Brown Findlay is a British actress who is best known for her role as Lady Sybil Crawley in the ITV series Downton Abbey. She has also starred in films like Winter’s Tale, Victor Frankenstein, This Beautiful Fantastic and Albatross.
Jessica was born on September 14, 1989 in Cookham, Berkshire, England. She became interested in acting at a young age and attended the Furze Platt Senior School in Maidenhead, where she studied A Levels in drama, English and philosophy. She later trained at the Arts Educational School in Ticehurst.
What is Jessica Brown Findlay’s Net Worth?
According to multiple sources, Jessica Brown Findlay’s current net worth is estimated to be around $5 million as of 2023. Here is a breakdown of how she has amassed her wealth over the years:
- Earnings from acting roles: Jessica has earned significant income from her acting projects over the past decade. Her breakout role as Lady Sybil in Downton Abbey undoubtedly provided a major boost to her net worth. She reportedly earned $80,000 per episode towards the end of the show’s run.
- Film salaries: Jessica has starred in several major films like Albatross, Winter’s Tale, Victor Frankenstein, This Beautiful Fantastic and the upcoming Brave New World series. Her salaries for these films range from a few hundred thousand to over a million dollars.
- Endorsements and sponsorships: As a popular British actress, Jessica has done endorsement deals with brands like London Jewellers and Magnum Ice Cream. These deals can pay actresses anywhere from $50,000 to $500,000 depending on the brand and campaign.
- Real estate investments: Jessica owns a home in London worth around $2 million. Property investments account for a significant portion of an actor’s wealth portfolio.
- Lucrative investments: Wise investments in stocks, bonds and other vehicles over the years have likely grown Jessica’s wealth. Savvy investing is common among high net worth celebrities.
- Six figure net worth before fame: Jessica came from a well-off family and reports suggest she had a net worth in six figures even before landing her big break in Downton Abbey. This provided her with financial security early on.
Overall, Jessica Brown Findlay has amassed multi-millionaire status through savvy financial management and leveraging her acting success. At just 33 years old, her net worth will likely continue rising if she continues booking major roles.
What are Some of Jessica Brown Findlay’s Biggest Acting Roles?
Here are some of Jessica Brown Findlay’s most prominent acting roles to date:
- Lady Sybil Crawley in Downton Abbey: This was Jessica’s breakout role as the youngest daughter of the Crawley family in the hugely popular British period drama. She appeared in 25 episodes and won critical acclaim.
- Beverly Penn in Winter’s Tale: Jessica played a dying young woman opposite Colin Farrell in this 2014 fantasy romance film based on a novel. Despite mixed reviews, it gave her big exposure.
- Lorelei in Victor Frankenstein: In this 2015 film, Jessica starred as an aristocratic girl who is revived from near death by Victor Frankenstein (James McAvoy). She got to showcase her acting chops in this role.
- Abi in Albatross: One of Jessica’s early film roles was in this 2011 coming-of-age drama where she played a rebellious teen girl. Her performance was praised despite the low-budget film being a box office flop.
- Em in This Beautiful Fantastic: This 2016 British film saw Jessica play a quirky, reclusive young woman who bonds with her elderly neighbor over gardening. She received acclaim for her lovely performance.
Jessica Brown Findlay has proved her acting credentials in both television and film. She often plays strong female characters and brings emotional depth and intelligence to her roles. Her versatility has allowed her to avoid typecasting.
What are Some of Jessica Brown Findlay’s Other Ventures?
Beyond acting, Jessica Brown Findlay has explored some other creative and charitable ventures over the years:
- Writing children’s stories: Under the pen name Tom Campbell Black, Jessica has written a series of children’s books called The Last Book Before Bedtime. She has always had a passion for writing and illustrating.
- Photography: Jessica is an avid photographer in her personal time and has mentioned possibly publishing a photography book one day. She mainly takes candid photos of nature and everyday life.
- Environmental activism: She has been involved with environmental charities like Greenpeace and travels to promote conservation causes. Jessica also launched an eco-friendly clothing line called Finders Keepers.
- Ballet dancing: She has a strong dance background from her youth and has performed with professional ballet companies. Jessica has stated she still dances regularly as it brings her joy.
- Theater productions: In between filming movies, Jessica returns to the stage periodically for theater roles and readings. She enjoys the creative freedom of performing live.
- Lifestyle brand: In 2020, Jessica launched a London-based lifestyle brand and creative hub known as The Find. It hosts workshops, exhibitions and sells curated homeware.
Even with a busy acting schedule, Jessica Brown Findlay finds time to nurture her other talents and passions. She leads a multi-faceted life as an artist and philanthropist.
What Household Names Has Jessica Brown Findlay Worked with?
Throughout her acting career so far, Jessica Brown Findlay has had the opportunity to work alongside many big names in the entertainment industry. Some of the notable household names she has collaborated with include:
- Maggie Smith – As Dowager Countess Violet Crawley in Downton Abbey. Maggie played her sharp-tongued grandmother.
- Michelle Dockery – As Lady Mary Crawley in Downton Abbey. Michelle was her older sister on the show.
- Hugh Bonneville – As Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham in Downton Abbey. He played her father.
- Colin Farrell – As Peter Lake in Winter’s Tale. Colin was her love interest in the mystical film.
- Jennifer Connelly – As Virginia Gamely in Winter’s Tale. She played a secondary female lead.
- Daniel Brühl – As Victor Frankenstein in Victor Frankenstein. He was the mad scientist who revives her.
- James McAvoy – As Igor Strausman in Victor Frankenstein. He assisted the titular doctor as his hunchback aide.
- Russell Crowe – As Dr. Henry Jekyll in The Mummy (2017). Jessica had a small role in this action horror film.
- Anthony Hopkins – As Dr. Robert Ford in HBO’s upcoming series Westworld. She is joining the star-studded cast for season 4.
- Harry Lloyd – As Bram in Brave New World. He will portray her lover in the upcoming Peacock sci-fi series.
Working with revered talents like Maggie Smith and Anthony Hopkins has surely been a career highlight and learning experience for the young actress. Jessica Brown Findlay appears to have a bright future ahead.
What Awards and Nominations Has Jessica Brown Findlay Received?
While still early in her career, Jessica Brown Findlay has earned some notable award nominations so far:
- Satellite Award for Best Cast in a TV Series – Won for Downton Abbey in 2012 along with her co-stars.
- Screen Actors Guild Awards – Nominated twice for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for Downton Abbey.
- Monte Carlo TV Festival Award – Won for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series for Downton Abbey in 2011.
- Golden Nymph Award – Won for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series for Downton Abbey in 2011.
- UK Glamour Award – Won for Best UK TV Actress for her role on Downton Abbey in 2012.
- Women in Film and Television Award – Nominated in the Best Performance in a Drama category in 2017 for her role in Harlots.
While she hasn’t received individual awards for her film roles yet, many critics praised her performances in films like Albatross and This Beautiful Fantastic. Her portrayal of Lady Sybil earned her the most acclaim early in her career.
Winning the SAG award as part of the Downton Abbey ensemble was definitely a highlight. Being recognized by her acting peers was a huge honor. As she takes on more prominent film roles, Jessica may earn more solo nominations down the line. Still, at just 33 years old, her future in acting looks tremendously bright.
What are Jessica Brown Findlay’s Hobbies and Interests?
When she’s not acting, some of Jessica Brown Findlay’s main hobbies and interests include:
- Reading: Jessica is an avid reader and always brings books with her on film sets. Her favorite genre is magical realism by authors like Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- Painting: She enjoys acrylic painting as a relaxing creative outlet and has talked about posting some of her artwork online someday.
- Ballet: Jessica has a ballet background and continues taking lessons regularly. She calls dance her “ultimate escape.”
- Photography: Taking artful, candid photos is one of Jessica’s favorite hobbies. She mainly shoots nature, friends and everyday life images.
- Cooking: In interviews, she has mentioned loving to cook for friends when she has time off. Italian and Middle Eastern cuisines are two of her favorites.
- Hiking: Jessica enjoys being active outdoors and goes on hiking trips whenever her schedule allows. Being in nature recharges her creativity.
- Singing: While not a professional singer, Jessica likes singing and will sometimes post Instagram videos of herself covering songs.
- Fashion: She has a bold, artistic fashion sense and likes wearing vintage, one-of-a-kind pieces. Jessica also launched her own eco line.
- Environmentalism: Jessica supports conservation causes and wants to use her platform to raise awareness about issues like climate change.
Jessica Brown Findlay maintains a diverse range of hobbies that keep her grounded in between her busy acting projects. Her creative outlets help prevent her from burning out.
How Does Jessica Brown Findlay Give Back to the Community?
Giving back to worthwhile causes is very important to Jessica Brown Findlay. Some of the philanthropic and community service endeavors she has been involved with include:
- Environmental activism: Jessica works with charities like Greenpeace to promote conservation, especially ocean protection. She believes in leveraging her fame to increase awareness.
- Farms Not Factories: She has campaigned for this animal rights charity that opposes factory farming practices and mistreatment of livestock. Jessica is a passionate vegetarian.
- Women’s rights: She volunteers with organizations supporting women’s empowerment and expanding opportunities for girls. Jessica also speaks out about gender inequality issues.
- Mental health advocacy: Having dealt with anxiety and depression in the past, Jessica uses her platform to break stigma around mental illness. She wants to empower others to get help.
- Refugee assistance: She has been involved with charities providing aid to displaced peoples like Syrian refugees. Jessica also calls on world leaders to take compassionate action.
- Children’s literacy: She has participated in campaigns to provide books and literacy programs for disadvantaged youth. Reading opened up her world as a shy child.
- Disaster relief fundraising: When major disasters strike, Jessica promotes and contributes to relief funds for victims. She believes in collective global responsibility.
Jessica Brown Findlay’s charitable work and social activism demonstrate her deep empathy. She hopes to inspire young people to get involved with causes close to their hearts as well.
What is Next in Jessica Brown Findlay’s Career?
Jessica Brown Findlay has several exciting projects lined up in the next few years:
- Brave New World (2020 TV series) – She will play Lenina Crowne in this upcoming sci-fi adaptation on Peacock and Sky TV. The big-budget series should give her lots of exposure.
- The Outlaws (2022 TV series) – Jessica will star in season 2 of this BBC One/Amazon Prime crime comedy series created by Stephen Merchant.
- Westworld season 4 (TBA) – She is joining the cast of HBO’s mind-bending sci-fi Western in an undisclosed role. This marks her first major American TV gig.
- The Pale Horse (2020 miniseries) – She plays a lead role in this Agatha Christie adaptation that already aired on Amazon Prime. Critics praised her performance.
- The Murder of Stephen Lawrence (TBA film) – Jessica will star as Doreen Lawrence in this upcoming biopic about her son’s racially motivated murder in London.
With recurring TV roles and new films lined up, Jessica Brown Findlay’s star looks set to continue rising. Critics and fans alike are eager to see how she continues developing her acting skills in diverse genres. At just 33, she has many prime years still ahead.
In summary, Jessica Brown Findlay has emerged as one of the most talented British actresses of her generation. Starting with her career-making role on Downton Abbey, she has proven her versatility in everything from period dramas to mind-bending sci-fi.
While still early in her career at just 33 years old, Jessica has already amassed an estimated $5 million net worth. Savvy financial management and lucrative acting roles have allowed her to achieve multi-millionaire status. As she books more high-profile films and television projects, her wealth and fame are poised to grow exponentially.
Beyond acting, Jessica leads a fulfilling life nurturing her many passions like writing, photography and environmental activism. She strives to use her platform to empower women and raise awareness for causes close to her heart. Jessica’s philanthropic spirit and creative energy outside of work help ground her.
With major new projects like Brave New World and Westworld in the pipeline, the 2020s look set to be a breakout decade for Jessica Brown Findlay. Both critics and general audiences are eager to see how she develops as a leading lady capable of anchoring major franchises. If the first decade of her career is any indication, the talented and multi-faceted Jessica likely has even brighter stars ahead.
Frequently Asked Questions
How did Jessica Brown Findlay get famous?
Jessica Brown Findlay shot to fame in 2010 when she was cast as Lady Sybil Crawley in the hit ITV/PBS series Downton Abbey. Her portrayal of the progressive, socially conscious youngest Crawley daughter earned widespread praise and popularity.
What was Jessica Brown Findlay’s salary per episode of Downton Abbey?
Reports indicate that Jessica Brown Findlay was earning around $80,000 per episode by the end of Downton Abbey’s run. As a supporting character at the time, this was an impressive salary that points to the show’s huge success.
What was Jessica Brown Findlay’s biggest movie role?
Many consider Jessica Brown Findlay’s leading role opposite Colin Farrell in the 2014 fantasy film Winter’s Tale to be her biggest film role so far. It gave her key exposure stateside.
How much money does Jessica Brown Findlay make from brand endorsements?
It’s estimated Jessica Brown Findlay earns between $50,000 to $500,000 depending on the brand for the endorsement deals and sponsorships she has done with companies like Magnum ice cream and London Jewellers.
What awards has Jessica Brown Findlay won for her acting?
Key awards Jessica Brown Findlay has won include a Satellite Award and Golden Nymph Award for her role on Downton Abbey. She also won Best UK TV Actress from Glamour magazine in 2012.
Is Jessica Brown Findlay going to be on HBO’s Westworld?
Yes, it was announced in September 2022 that Jessica Brown Findlay has joined the cast of HBO’s sci-fi series Westworld for the upcoming fourth season in a currently undisclosed role.
Does Jessica Brown Findlay do any charity work?
Yes, Jessica is involved in environmental, women’s rights and mental health charities. She also does advocacy work for refugees, children’s literacy and disaster relief fundraising.
What new movies or TV shows will Jessica Brown Findlay be starring in soon?
Some of Jessica’s upcoming projects are Brave New World, The Outlaws season 2, Westworld season 4, The Pale Horse miniseries and a Stephen Lawrence biopic film.
How much is Jessica Brown Findlay worth in 2023?
According to estimates based on her acting earnings, investments and assets, Jessica Brown Findlay has a current net worth of approximately $5 million as of 2023.