Lucy Fry is an Australian actress who has been building an impressive resume in film and television over the past decade. She first gained attention for her roles in TV shows like Lightning Point and Mako: Island of Secrets. Her breakthrough came when she landed the role of Lyla in The Greening of Whitney Brown alongside Sammi Hanratty and Aidan Quinn.
Since then, Fry has gone on to star in several Hollywood films including Vampire Academy with Zoey Deutch and Danila Kozlovsky, Mr. Church with Eddie Murphy and Britt Robertson, and Now Apocalypse with Avan Jogia. She also played a young Portia Doubleday in the critically acclaimed The Slap miniseries.
With her rising fame, many fans are curious about Lucy Fry’s net worth. So how much is the Australian actress really worth? Let’s take a closer look at Lucy Fry’s net worth and how she built her wealth over the years.
What is Lucy Fry’s Net Worth in 2024?
As of 2024, Lucy Fry’s net worth is estimated to be around $3 million.
The majority of Lucy Fry’s wealth comes from her acting projects in films and television shows. As her fame rises and she lands more leading roles, we can expect her net worth to continue growing in the coming years.
How Did Lucy Fry Build Her Net Worth?
The bulk of Lucy Fry’s $3 million net worth has been built through her acting career spanning over a decade. Here are some of the major projects that have contributed to her income and rising net worth:
- Lightning Point (2012) – This Australian TV series marked one of Lucy Fry’s first major acting roles. While the exact figure is unknown, it likely provided a nice paycheck for the up-and-coming actress.
- Mako: Island of Secrets (2013) – Fry had a main role as Lyla in 26 episodes of this popular Australian TV show. Long-running main roles provide financial stability for actors early in their careers.
- The Greening of Whitney Brown (2011) – This Hollywood film gave Fry her first major feature film role. As one of the main stars alongside Sammi Hanratty, it surely gave her net worth a nice boost.
- Vampire Academy (2014) – This vampire fantasy movie based on the novel gave Fry global exposure. The film grossed over $15 million worldwide.
- Mr. Church (2016) – Starring opposite Eddie Murphy in this drama film surely earned Fry a sizable paycheck and added to her rising wealth.
- Now Apocalypse (2019) – Landing a main role in 10 episodes of this TV series gave Fry’s net worth another healthy increase.
- Wolf Creek (2016) – Appearing in this popular Australian TV thriller likely earned Fry a lucrative payday.
- The Darkness (2016) – Her role in this major Hollywood horror film expanded Fry’s filmography and net worth.
As she continues to land bigger roles in TV and film, we can expect Lucy Fry’s net worth to continue rising in the coming years. With her acting skills and model looks, she has the potential to become a major star.
Lucy Fry’s Assets: Houses and Cars
The $3 million net worth has allowed Lucy Fry to enjoy some of the finer things in life. While she leads a relatively private life, we do have some insights into her assets.
In terms of real estate, Fry is not known to own any mansions or lavish properties yet. She has been living in Los Angeles to pursue her Hollywood career.
As for vehicles, there are no reports of Lucy Fry splurging on expensive luxury cars. She appears to prefer a more lowkey lifestyle.
Lucy Fry’s Early Life and Career Beginnings
Lucy Elizabeth Fry was born on March 13, 1992 in Wooloowin, Australia. She was drawn to performing at a young age, dancing ballet and studying theater from the time she was 5 years old.
Fry graduated from St Peters Lutheran College high school in 2010. She made her on-screen debut in 2009 playing Zoey in the short film Living with the Dead.
Her first big break came in 2012 when she landed the role of Lyla in the Australian TV series Lightning Point. This launched her professional acting career.
Over the next few years, Fry scored roles in shows like Mako: Island of Secrets, The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy, and various TV movies.
In 2014, she got her first major Hollywood role playing Lissa Dragomir in the supernatural film Vampire Academy. This was her breakout role that provided a big boost to her net worth and fame.
How Much Does Lucy Fry Make Per Year?
It’s difficult to estimate Lucy Fry’s exact annual earnings, as actors’ incomes can fluctuate year-to-year based on roles booked. However, based on her current net worth and typical rates for Hollywood actors, we can estimate Lucy Fry has an annual income between $300,000 – $500,000.
As an up-and-coming actress who books a mix of lead and supporting roles, Fry likely earns an average of $50,000+ per major film role. For long-running TV roles, she likely earns up to $100,000 per episode.
This allows her to pull in around $300k – $500k per year between various projects in film and television. If she lands a major starring role in a big budget movie, her annual earnings could jump significantly higher.
Like most celebrities, Fry also earns additional income from endorsements and sponsorships on social media. But her primary income will continue to come from building her resume as an actress.
Lucy Fry’s Most Notable Acting Roles
Here are some of Lucy Fry’s most prominent acting roles to date that have contributed to her rising fame and million dollar net worth:
- Lyla in Lightning Point (2012) – Fry’s first major TV role as one of the main characters in this Australian series.
- Lyla in Mako: Island of Secrets (2013) – Reprised her role as Lyla for 26 episodes in this popular teen mermaid show.
- Lissa Dragomir in Vampire Academy (2014) – Her Hollywood film breakthrough role that gave Fry global exposure.
- Young Portia Doubleday in The Slap (2015) – High profile supporting role in this critically acclaimed miniseries.
- Jordana in Now Apocalypse (2019) – Main role in 10 episodes of this twisted comedy TV series.
- Ellie in Wolf Creek (2016) – Appeared in the 2nd season of this acclaimed Australian crime thriller series.
- Veronica in The Darkness (2016) – Co-starred in this supernatural horror film from Greg McLean.
Lucy Fry has proven her versatility by playing varied roles across drama, comedy, and horror projects in both film and television. As she continues to build up her acting portfolio, bigger roles will surely follow.
What Projects Does Lucy Fry Have Next?
Lucy Fry’s future in Hollywood looks bright, with several major projects on the horizon:
- The Nowhere Inn (2021) – Fry will co-star opposite Dakota Johnson in this drama/comedy film produced by the St. Vincent musician Annie Clark.
- Operation Buffalo – She will appear in this upcoming Australian TV miniseries airing in 2022.
- True Spirit (2022) – Fry is attached to play sailor Jessica Watson in this drama based on Watson’s true story of being the youngest person to sail solo around the world.
It was also reported in 2021 that Fry had been cast as Feyre in the upcoming Hulu TV adaptation of the fantasy novel A Court of Thorns and Roses. However, Fry later dropped out of the project.
Nonetheless, with her cropping up in more high profile films and series, it’s clear the Australian actress is cementing herself as a rising star in Hollywood.
Lucy Fry’s Philanthropy and Charity Work
Beyond acting, Lucy Fry aims to use her platform and net worth to support worthy causes. She has been involved in various philanthropic endeavors over the years:
- Chime for Change – Fry has been involved with this organization that aims to promote education, health and justice for women around the world.
- 1st Family Foundation – She has worked with this Australian group focused on providing music resources to hospitalized children.
- NASA ambassador – She served as ambassador for NASA’s ‘Space Camp’ which inspires children in science and space exploration.
- LA Community Fridges – During COVID-19, Fry helped fund outdoor community fridges providing free food to those in need in Los Angeles.
- Black Lives Matter – On social media, Fry has used her voice to speak out in support of racial equality and Black Lives Matter.
Fry comes across as passionate about making a positive difference in the world. She serves as an inspiring role model by showing young girls they can have an impact beyond fame and fortune.
In summary, Lucy Fry has built an impressive acting resume and amassed a respectable net worth of $3 million. With numerous projects on the horizon, her wealth and fame appear poised to grow substantially in the coming years.
Fry’s talents extend beyond acting to philanthropy, with involvement in various charities and good causes. She sets a positive example of using her platform for more than just self-gain.
At just 30 years old, Lucy Fry’s Hollywood story is only beginning. If she continues booking lucrative lead roles in major TV shows and films, it would not be surprising to see her enter the multi-millionaire club soon.
Fry proves that with natural talent, drive, and savvy career moves, a young Australian actress can grow into a bonafide movie star on the worldwide stage. We’ll have to wait and see how far Lucy Fry’s talents and work ethic can take her in the years ahead.
FAQs about Lucy Fry’s Net Worth
Lucy Fry has quickly built an impressive net worth as a rising Hollywood actress. Here are 5 of the most frequently asked questions about her wealth and finances:
How much is Lucy Fry worth?
As of 2024, Lucy Fry’s net worth is estimated to be around $3 million. The bulk of her wealth comes from acting in films and TV series.
What was Lucy Fry’s breakthrough role?
Fry’s breakthrough came when she played Lissa Dragomir in the 2014 vampire movie Vampire Academy. This was her first major Hollywood film role.
What is Lucy Fry’s salary per movie or TV show?
For top billing roles, Fry likely earns around $50k – $100k per movie, and up to $100k per episode on high budget TV shows. Her fees continue to rise.
What does Lucy Fry spend her money on?
Fry appears to live a relatively lowkey lifestyle. She isn’t known for lavish purchases or exotic vacations. She focuses her money on furthering her career.
Is Lucy Fry married or does she have kids?
No, as of 2024 Fry is not married and does not have any children. The 30-year old actress is rather private about her dating life.