Julianne Moore is an acclaimed American actress known for her versatile performances in both independent films and big-budget Hollywood movies. Some of her most acclaimed roles came in films like Boogie Nights, The Hours, Far from Heaven, and Still Alice, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 2015.
With a career spanning over three decades in the movie industry, Julianne Moore has amassed considerable wealth from her acting endeavors. But what is Julianne Moore’s net worth? Let’s take a closer look.
Julianne Moore’s Career Earnings
As one of the most sought-after actresses in Hollywood, Julianne Moore commands top dollar for her movie roles. Some of her biggest paydays have included:
- $3 million for Hannibal (2001)
- $2 million for Evolution (2001)
- $2 million for The Forgotten (2004)
- $3 million for Next (2007)
- $5 million for The Kids Are All Right (2010)
- $2 million for Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)
- $2 million for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (2014)
She also earned over $1 million each for films like Laws of Attraction, Blindness, Chloe, 6 Souls, and Non-Stop.
In total, Julianne Moore’s career film salaries likely exceed $30 million and counting.
|The Forgotten (2004)
|The Kids Are All Right (2010)
Additionally, Julianne Moore likely earns at least a few million dollars per year from endorsement deals with brands like Bulgari, Talbots, Revlon, and L’Oreal.
Julianne Moore Net Worth Estimate
Combining her career earnings and income from endorsement deals over 30+ years, most publications estimate Julianne Moore’s net worth to be around $60 million.
Despite great wealth, Julianne Moore leads a relatively low-key lifestyle primarily divided between New York and Los Angeles. Her largest assets are likely multiple homes on both coasts. Moore also focuses her time on philanthropy work supporting causes like gun violence prevention, the environment, and health.
As Julianne Moore continues acting into her 60s with roles in upcoming films like Sharper and When You Finish Saving the World, her net worth has potential to grow higher still. But even at $60 million, she is among the wealthiest actresses of her generation. Her talent and longevity have paid off in spades.
Julianne Moore Career Milestones
Julianne Moore has achieved great success over her long acting career. Here is a look at some key milestones that marked her journey to eventual $60 million net worth status:
- 1983: Dropped out of Boston University to pursue acting full-time, against her parent’s wishes
- 1990: Began studying with renowned acting coach Susan Batson in NYC
- 1992: Appeared on cult classic TV soap opera As the World Turns, winning a Daytime Emmy
- 1993: Feature film debut in The Hand That Rocks the Cradle
- 1997: Starred in Boogie Nights, landing first Academy Award nomination
- 2002: Earned double Oscar nomination for Far From Heaven and The Hours
- 2010: Starred in critical and commercial hit The Kids Are Alright
- 2015: Won Academy Award for Best Actress for Still Alice performance
- 2021: Published first children’s book My Mom is a Foreigner, But Not to Me
- 2023: Stars in Apple TV series Sharper and feature When You Finish Saving the World
Real Estate Portfolio & Assets
In addition to flashy red carpet looks and designer gowns, Julianne Moore’s multi-million dollar net worth affords her an impressive portfolio of luxury real estate assets across the United States:
- New York City Apartment: Moore owns a lavish $12.5 million triplex penthouse located in Manhattan’s West Village purchased in 2017. The 4,400 square foot apartment features a private rooftop terrace with views of downtown.
- Los Angeles Home: Moore shelled out nearly $3.5 million for a Mediterranean-style villa located in LA’s Pacific Palisades neighborhood back in 2010.
- Montauk Beach House: The actress also reportedly owns a multi-million dollar beachfront residence in the Hamptons-esque community of Montauk, NY on the Long Island shore.
- Hamptons Estate (former): Moore previously owned a 7-acre waterfront compound in Sag Harbor, NY which she sold for $15.5 million in 2021 more than doubling her purchase price.
Beyond her luxury homes, Julianne Moore also tools around town in her black Porsche 911 Carrera valued around $100,000.
|LA Pacific Palisades Villa
|Montauk Beach House
|Former Hamptons Estate
|Sold for $15.5 million
So while Moore earns big paychecks funding a glamorous celebrity lifestyle, she also seems to make smart real estate investments towards building her long term $60 million net worth.
Philanthropy & Causes
Unlike many celebrities who flash their wealth through over-the-top purchases and displays of excess, Julianne Moore directs much of her multi-million dollar net worth towards philanthropy supporting various social and environmental causes:
- Gun Violence Prevention: Moore supports groups like Everytown for Gun Safety’s Creative Council and played a key role in founding the Hollywood’s Everytown Creative Council to advance anti-gun violence policy changes.
- Women’s Health: She sits on the Board of Trustees for the nonprofit women’s health organization Planned Parenthood and advocates for female reproductive rights.
- Environmentalism: Moore has campaigned to combat climate change and pollution by voicing her support for organizations like Oceana, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) and Waterkeeper Alliance.
- Democratic Politics: The actress actively fundraises for Democratic party candidates and spoke at 2020 DNC Convention in support of Joe Biden.
While Moore earns big Hollywood paychecks from acting endeavors, she seems intent on giving back and helping create change on social causes she feels passionately about supporting.
In summary, Julianne Moore has built an estimated $60 million net worth through over 30 years of acclaimed acting in both independent and big budget films. She’s earned over $30 million just from upfront acting fees and millions more from endorsement deals with brands eager to tap into her celebrity status.
Moore invests her wealth across lavish homes in places like New York, Los Angeles and the Hamptons. Yet despite the glitz and glamour, she remains dedicated to philanthropy – using her celebrity influence to advocate for leadership roles in organizations focused on progressive causes like reducing gun violence, protecting women’s health and combatting climate change.
So while Julianne Moore indeed enjoys the fruits of her labors with luxury homes and red carpet fashion, she also sets herself apart from many Hollywood elites through heartfelt dedication to her craft and desire to enact positive societal change however she can. Her $60 million net worth simply provides the springboard to amplify those off-screen passions.
Frequently Asked Questions about Julianne Moore’s Net Worth
Julianne Moore’s considerable wealth as one of Hollywood’s most acclaimed leading ladies often prompts many questions about the sources of her net worth. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
What were Julianne Moore’s biggest movies?
Julianne Moore’s movies with her largest worldwide box office grosses include The Lost World: Jurassic Park ($618 million), The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 ($755 million), Non-Stop ($222 million), Crazy, Stupid, Love. ($142 million), and The Forgotten ($113 million).
How much does Julianne Moore make per movie?
In the early 2000s when she established herself as a major movie star, Julianne Moore typically earned between $2-$3 million upfront for starring in mainstream movies. In rare blockbuster franchises like The Hunger Games, Moore likely negotiated back-end profit shares that significantly boosted her earnings from the films. Today she likely earns over $5 million per movie role.
What was Julianne Moore’s highest grossing movie?
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, which grossed $755 million at the worldwide box office, is Julianne Moore’s highest grossing movie in terms of pure ticket sales. However, due to its franchise success, her pay for the supporting role as President Alma Coin may have been less than the upfront fees she has earned in other starring movie vehicles.
Is Julianne Moore a billionaire?
No, Julianne Moore is not a billionaire. While she is an accomplished and acclaimed actress, her current net worth is estimated in the range of $60 million rather than over $1 billion.
How did Julianne Moore earn her money & wealth?
Julianne Moore earned the vast majority of her multi-million dollar net worth from over three decades of starring and supporting roles in major Hollywood movies. Her acclaimed acting performances have translated to big paychecks ranging from a few million per role up to $5 million at the peak of her career.
What businesses does Julianne Moore own?
Julianne Moore does not have any major business ventures or side companies outside of her primary acting career and related endorsement deals. Her time and resources instead seem focused on real estate investments like luxury properties and philanthropic interests.
Does Julianne Moore invest in stocks or own shares in companies?
If Julianne Moore does invest in public company stocks or equity funds, she does not disclose such investment holdings publicly. Given the size of her net worth, she likely has investment accounts and financial advisers to help manage her wealth. But most profiles indicate her largest assets remain focused in real estate properties.