Kaitlyn Dever is an American actress known for her roles in films and TV shows like Booksmart, Last Man Standing, Justified, and Unbelievable. She started acting as a child and has gone on to establish herself as a talented young actress in both comedy and drama. Some key facts about Kaitlyn Dever:
- Born in 1996 in Phoenix, Arizona. She is currently 26 years old.
- Began acting at age 8, appearing in commercials and small TV roles.
- First major role was as Loretta McCready on Justified from 2011-2015.
- Went on to act in films like Laggies, Men, Women & Children, and Detroit.
- Starred as Amy in Olivia Wilde’s directorial debut Booksmart in 2019.
- Played a rape survivor in the miniseries Unbelievable in 2019, earning Golden Globe and Emmy nominations.
- Currently stars as Gwen Baxter in the ABC sitcom Last Man Standing.
With nearly two decades of acting experience under her belt at a young age, Dever has proven herself as one of Hollywood’s top rising talents. Her net worth has steadily climbed over the years as a result.
What is Kaitlyn Dever’s net worth?
According to multiple net worth estimation sites, Kaitlyn Dever’s current net worth is around $3 million as of 2022. The majority of her net worth comes from her acting roles in film and television. Some of her most financially successful projects include:
- Justified (2011-2015) – Dever appeared in over 40 episodes as a main cast member on this hit FX crime drama. Television roles provide steady income from episode fees.
- Booksmart (2019) – The critically acclaimed coming-of-age comedy was a box office success, grossing over $25 million against a $6 million budget. As the film’s lead actress, Dever likely earned a sizable salary.
- Unbelievable (2019) – While TV salaries tend to be lower than film, Dever earned Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for her work in this miniseries, boosting her net worth.
- Last Man Standing (2011-2021) – Her ongoing starring role as Gwen Baxter on this long-running sitcom provides Dever with a steady stream of income.
Other factors that contribute to Kaitlyn Dever’s $3 million net worth include smaller film roles, endorsements, commercials, and investments or assets. As her career continues to thrive, her net worth will likely keep rising.
How does Kaitlyn Dever make her money?
As an actress, the bulk of Kaitlyn Dever’s income and net worth comes directly from her acting work. Here are the primary ways Dever earns money in her career:
- Salaries for acting roles – For both film and television, Dever earns income for each project she works on. Lead roles pay more than supporting roles.
- Residuals – When films or shows she has appeared in continue to earn money via things like syndication or streaming, Dever earns residual payments.
- Endorsements – Like many celebrities, Dever supplements her acting income by doing endorsements for brands on social media and in ads.
- Investments – Savvy investing of film/TV earnings can allow actors to grow their net worth over time. Dever likely invests some of her income.
- Producing – Dever is starting to branch out into producing, such as for the film Coast along with her sister Mady Dever. Producing provides income.
As she continues to act steadily in both films and television, Kaitlyn Dever’s salary and subsequent net worth continues to grow. She boosts those earnings through smart investment and endorsement deals.
What major acting projects has Kaitlyn Dever been in?
Some of Kaitlyn Dever’s most prominent acting projects in film and television have included:
- Justified: The Movie (2023) – Reprised the role of Loretta McCready in a film revival of the series.
- Ticket to Paradise (2022) – Starred opposite George Clooney and Julia Roberts in this romantic comedy.
- Coast (2022) – One of the leads in this indie drama, which she also produced.
- Rosaline (2022) – Played the lead role in this romantic comedy that puts a spin on Romeo & Juliet.
- Booksmart (2019) – Her breakout lead role as Amy in Olivia Wilde’s critically acclaimed coming-of-age comedy.
- Detroit (2017) – Supporting part in Kathryn Bigelow’s crime drama about the 1967 Detroit riots.
- Unbelievable (2019) – Received Emmy/Golden Globe nominations for playing a rape survivor in this miniseries.
- Last Man Standing (2011-2021) – Main cast member playing Eve Baxter across 194 episodes.
- Justified (2011-2015) – Breakout supporting role as troubled teen Loretta McCready on this crime series.
- Bad Teacher (2014-2015) – Main role of Kaitlyn Howell in the first season of this sitcom.
Dever has proven she can excel in both comedy and drama in film and television. Her varied roles have steadily increased her fame and net worth.
What upcoming projects does Kaitlyn Dever have?
Here are some of Kaitlyn Dever’s upcoming acting projects to look out for:
- Rosaline – The Shakespeare comedy in which Dever plays the lead role is slated for an October 2022 release by 20th Century Studios.
- Coast – Dever produced and stars in this indie drama from director Jessica Hester. It is expected to release in 2022 or 2023.
- Dear Zoe – Dever will star in this drama adapted from the Philip Beard novel, with Gabrielle Union also producing. Filming is rumored to begin in 2022.
- The Outskirts – An LGBTQ+ romance film written by Leyna Krow that Dever is attached to star in. It is in pre-production.
- The Actor – Dever is executive producing and set to star alongside Dylan O’Brien in this film by comedian Pete Davidson and writer Dave Sirus.
- Fairest – Dever will play the lead role in this sci-fi thriller based on the novel by Meredith Talusan, which is in development.
With a mix of exciting indie films and mainstream projects on the horizon, Kaitlyn Dever’s star is set to continue rising. Her upcoming projects should further boost her acting profile and net worth.
How has Kaitlyn Dever’s net worth changed over time?
Kaitlyn Dever’s net worth has steadily increased over the course of her acting career:
- Early career (2006-2010): As a child actress in commercials and small TV roles, Dever’s net worth was in the tens of thousands.
- 2011-2015: Her breakout supporting role on Justified significantly increased her earnings. Estimated net worth was around $500,000-$1 million during this period.
- 2016-2018: Films like Laggies, Detroit, and Beautiful Boy, plus TV roles on Last Man Standing and other shows pushed Dever’s net worth to around $2 million.
- 2019: The huge success of Booksmart coupled with acclaim for Unbelievable caused a big boost in Dever’s net worth to around $3 million.
- 2020-2022: Continued TV and film work has allowed Dever to maintain a steady net worth of around $3 million even during the pandemic.
Still only 26, Kaitlyn Dever is well on her way to building a sizeable fortune from her blossoming acting career. As she continues landing coveted roles, her net worth has the potential to keep rising dramatically.
How does Kaitlyn Dever’s net worth compare to other actresses?
Here’s how Kaitlyn Dever’s current $3 million net worth stacks up against the net worths of other popular actresses around her age:
- Zendaya: $15 million
- Anya Taylor-Joy: $3 million
- Florence Pugh: $5 million
- Saoirse Ronan: $7 million
- Eliza Scanlen: $3 million
- Thomasin McKenzie: $5 million
At 26, Dever’s $3 million net worth is comparable to many of her peers and contemporaries. However, big names like Zendaya and Saoirse Ronan have amassed higher net worths so far largely thanks to massive blockbuster projects and endorsements.
As her career continues to flourish, Kaitlyn Dever has the potential to grow her fortune to be on par with or exceed the net worths of other top actresses under 30. Her upcoming high-profile projects should help close the net worth gap in the coming years.
What endorsements and partnerships does Kaitlyn Dever have?
While some celebrities earn huge sums through endorsements, Kaitlyn Dever’s brand partnerships have been relatively limited so far. Some of her endorsement deals and partnerships have included:
- Miu Miu: She was made a brand ambassador for the luxury fashion brand Miu Miu in 2019 after her Booksmart breakout.
- KVD Beauty: Partnered with the makeup brand in 2020 to help launch their new vegan beauty line.
- COACH: Dever worked with Coach starting in 2011, starring in ad campaigns and attending brand events over several years.
- Levi’s: She has been featured in multiple Levi’s campaigns and ads as an ambassador for the iconic denim brand.
- Visine: Appeared in digital and TV ads for the eye drops brand starting in 2013.
Dever’s occasional endorsement deals provide an extra income stream on top of her acting work. As her fame grows, she may start securing more lucrative brand deals that significantly contribute to her multimillion-dollar net worth.
How much does Kaitlyn Dever make per acting project?
Kaitlyn Dever’s salary varies per acting role. While concrete figures are not always publicly reported, here are some estimates of what Dever makes per project based on industry averages:
- Low budget indie films – $50,000-$100,000
- Major studio films – $300,000-$500,000
- TV supporting roles – $20,000-$50,000 per episode
- TV lead roles – $75,000-$100,000 per episode
Top roles in films like Booksmart likely earned Dever $500,000 or more. Meanwhile, a lead role on a TV series can bring in around $1 million per season while supporting roles may only pay a few hundred thousand.
As her star power increases over time, Kaitlyn Dever has more leverage to negotiate higher per-project salaries, which will continue to grow her net worth significantly as her career progresses.
What businesses or investments does Kaitlyn Dever have?
There is little publicly available information on any business ventures or investments Kaitlyn Dever has made so far. However, here are a few known business moves:
- Production company: Dever has her own production company called Mandy May Productions that produced the upcoming film Coast. Owning a production company allows actors to earn more by producing their own projects.
- Real estate: Many reports indicate Dever purchased a $1.5 million home in Los Feliz, Los Angeles in her early 20s, which is likely an investment that has appreciated in value.
- Startup investing: As a young entrepreneurial artist, Dever may be investing some of her earnings into startups. This is common among Hollywood stars.
While her focus remains on acting, smart investments could dramatically grow Dever’s wealth over time on top of her acting income. Purchasing real estate and startup equity while young can pay major dividends later on.
How much does Kaitlyn Dever make a year?
It is difficult to estimate Kaitlyn Dever’s exact annual income and earnings, as it fluctuates year-to-year depending on her projects. However, some reasonable estimates based on average acting salaries:
- During slower years focused on TV work, Dever may earn around $500,000 per year.
- In years when she has a major film release, her annual income likely jumps up to $1-2 million.
- At the height of her fame if she books multiple high-paying lead roles, she could earn $5 million or more per year.
The bulk of this income comes from Dever’s per-project acting fees. Additional income streams like endorsements, production work, and investments likely bring in another $200,000 or more to her annual total.
While already lucrative, if Dever lands more breakout roles and establishes herself as an A-list celebrity, her annual income has the potential to rise significantly higher in the future.
What taxes does Kaitlyn Dever pay on her income?
Like all working professionals, Kaitlyn Dever has to pay a portion of her income in taxes every year. As a high earner, here are the main taxes Dever pays:
- Federal income tax – The IRS taxes her income at a rate up to 37% at the highest bracket.
- State income tax – She owes state income taxes to California, which has some of the highest rates at over 13%.
- Self-employment tax – As a freelance actress, she pays a 15.3% Social Security and Medicare tax on her acting earnings.
- Property tax – She has to pay annual property taxes on assets like homes and cars that she owns.
While making millions sounds glamorous, Dever has to give nearly half of her income back to federal and state governments. Proper financial planning and tax strategy helps minimize her tax obligations.
How does Kaitlyn Dever spend her money?
While quite successful and wealthy for her age, Kaitlyn Dever seems to live a relatively low-key lifestyle so far. Some of the ways she likely spends her multi-million dollar fortune include:
- Real estate – She bought a $1.5 million home in Los Angeles in her early 20s and may own other properties.
- Production company – Developing projects through her own company costs money upfront before generating income.
- Travel – Attending film festivals and events around the world provides opportunities to spend.
- Family/friends – Having financial security allows her to take care of her family and close relationships.
- Investing – As a savvy investor, Dever puts some wealth back into markets, startups, or companies.
- Splurges – While not flashy, she may splurge on nicer clothes, cars, dinners, and vacations.
Dever leads a relatively low-profile life, suggesting she saves and invests more of her income rather than squandering it lavishly. Wise money management early on will serve her well in the long run.
Does Kaitlyn Dever donate to charity?
Giving back is important to Kaitlyn Dever. The actress uses her platform and wealth to support various social causes, especially those impacting women and the LGBTQ community. Some charities and initiatives supported by Dever include:
- Planned Parenthood – Dever has been a vocal advocate for women’s health and reproductive rights.
- Girls Inc. – Provides mentorship and support for young girls in tough circumstances to overcome challenges and succeed.
- My Friend’s Place – Nonprofit supporting homeless youth in Los Angeles with shelter, meals, education, and counseling.
- Save the Children – International children’s rights and relief organization providing necessities to impoverished kids.
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) – Dever supports the ACLU’s efforts to defend civil liberties and rights for all.
- Time’s Up – Donated to the Time’s Up legal defense fund for victims of sexual abuse and harassment.
Dever uses her celebrity platform and financial resources to promote and contribute to causes she is passionate about supporting and creating positive change.
Final Thoughts on Kaitlyn Dever’s Net Worth
At just 26 years old, Kaitlyn Dever has already built an impressive acting resume and amassed a sizable million-dollar net worth. Her early career breakout with acclaimed roles in Justified, Booksmart, and Unbelievable has paved the way for future success.
While already wealthy, Dever’s net worth has plenty of room to keep rising as she scores more lucrative lead roles in films and TV. Increased fame could also lead to high-paying endorsement and brand deals. But despite her early success, the talented young actress remains devoted to her craft and using her platform for good.
Shrewd investments and avoiding excess splurging should allow Dever to continue growing her wealth. With her career on an upward trajectory, Kaitlyn Dever’s $3 million net worth appears poised to keep increasing and make her a bonafide A-list star.
Frequently Asked Questions
How did Kaitlyn Dever get so rich at a young age?
Kaitlyn Dever accumulated a multi-million dollar net worth by the age of 26 strictly through her acting work. She started booking major TV and film roles as a teenager that earned her a sizeable income early on in her career. High-paying lead actress roles in recent years have significantly contributed to her wealth.
What was Kaitlyn Dever’s breakthrough role?
Many consider Dever’s portrayal of troubled teen Loretta McCready on the FX series Justified from 2011-2015 to be her breakout role. It earned her critical praise and introduced her talents to a wider audience.
How much money does Kaitlyn Dever make per movie?
Dever’s movie salaries range from around $50,000 for indie films to $500,000 or more for major studio movies. Her upcoming lead roles will likely fall on the higher end of that scale.
What was Kaitlyn Dever’s salary for Booksmart?
While not publicly disclosed, industry experts estimate Dever likely earned around $500,000 or more for her acclaimed lead performance in the hit 2019 comedy Booksmart given her rising star profile at the time.