Maisie Williams is an English actress who is best known for playing the role of Arya Stark on the HBO series Game of Thrones. Williams was born on April 15, 1997 in Bristol, England. She began her acting career at a young age, first appearing in stage plays and short films. Her big break came in 2011 when she was cast as Arya Stark on Game of Thrones at the age of 14.
Williams received critical acclaim for her portrayal of Arya and was nominated for two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2016 and 2019. She has also starred in films such as The Falling (2014), iBoy (2017), and The New Mutants (2020). Outside of acting, Williams is an entrepreneur and activist who uses her platform to speak out on social issues.
What is Maisie Williams’ Net Worth?
As of 2024, Maisie Williams has an estimated net worth of $10 million. The bulk of her net worth comes from her role on Game of Thrones, which helped her become one of the highest-paid actors on television. At the peak of the show’s popularity, Williams was estimated to be making around $150,000 per episode. With 8 seasons and 73 episodes, her earnings just from Game of Thrones is estimated at over $11 million before taxes and fees.
In addition to her acting income, Williams has earned money from endorsement deals and investments. Some of her notable brand partnerships have included Coach, Numeric, and Pistola Denim. She has also invested in several tech startups such as Daisie, an app for creators. Outside of entertainment, Williams has used her wealth to support various charities focused on environmentalism, human rights, and mental health.
Table of Maisie Williams’ Earnings
|Source of Income
|Game of Thrones salary per episode (seasons 5-8)
|Total GoT episodes
|Estimated earnings from GoT
|Film salaries (The Falling, iBoy, etc.)
|Endorsement deals & brand partnerships
|Total estimated net worth
What are Maisie Williams’ biggest acting roles?
Here are some of Maisie Williams’ top acting roles to date:
Arya Stark on Game of Thrones
Without a doubt, Maisie Williams is most well known for playing the fan favorite role of Arya Stark on HBO’s Game of Thrones. She appeared in all 8 seasons of the epic fantasy series, portraying Arya’s growth from a young girl to a hardened assassin. Her performance was universally praised and earned her two Emmy nominations.
Rahne Sinclair in The New Mutants
In 2020, Williams starred as Rahne Sinclair/Wolfsbane in the X-Men spinoff movie The New Mutants. She played a Scottish mutant who can morph into a wolf. The film had been delayed for years but Williams stayed committed to the role.
Nina Sayers in The Falling
One of Williams’ early film roles was in the 2014 British drama The Falling. She played a teenager named Nina Sayers who suffers from hysteria that spreads to other girls. Williams’ performance earned her nominations for a British Independent Film Award and a London Critics’ Circle Film Award.
Kelly in iBoy
In the 2017 Netflix movie iBoy, Williams portrays Kelly, a teen who helps the main character after he gains superhuman powers. This was one of Williams’ first leading roles in a feature film.
Lydia in Up on the Roof
Before her Game of Thrones fame, Williams had a supporting role in this 2013 British short film about a teenage boy who shares his secret hiding spot on a rooftop. Up on the Roof marked one of Williams’ early acting credits.
What business ventures and investments has Maisie Williams made?
In addition to acting, Maisie Williams has made some savvy business and investment moves over the years:
- Daisie App: Williams co-founded and launched this app focused on giving creators a platform to connect and collaborate. She remains an active investor and promoter.
- Coach Partnership: In 2019, Williams was named a global ambassador for Coach and has represented the fashion brand in campaigns.
- Omaze: Williams co-founded a U.K. fundraising platform with the founders of Game of Thrones and has helped raise millions for charities.
- Numeric: This is a vegan footwear brand that Williams has invested in and partnered with on shoe collections.
- Pistola Denim: Williams invested in and became a creative director for this sustainable denim company.
- Copper: She invested in this tech startup focused on providing products for mental health and wellbeing.
- Apps: Williams has invested in various tech startups building new apps and platforms.
- Real estate: She owns a home in England that’s reportedly worth around $2 million.
Clearly, Williams has been strategic in leveraging her fame and fortune into various business ventures that align with her interests and values. She’s built an impressive portfolio of investments and partnerships.
Table of Maisie Williams’ Investments & Business Ventures
|Co-founder & investor
|Investor & shoe collaborator
|Investor & creative director
|Various tech startups
What causes and charities does Maisie support?
Maisie Williams uses her platform and resources to support various causes focused on the environment, human rights, mental health, and more:
- Climate activism: She’s an ambassador for Global Cool focused on fighting climate change and has partnered with Extinction Rebellion.
- Sustainable fashion: Williams launched a fashion competition focused on sustainability and invests in eco-friendly brands.
- Diversity & inclusion: She’s spoken out about better representation in the entertainment industry.
- Racial justice: Williams has been vocal in supporting Black Lives Matter and racial equality campaigns.
- Refugee rights: She visited refugee camps in Greece and has been involved with UNICEF campaigns for displaced youth.
- Mental health: Williams has been open about her own mental health struggles and supports charities focused on mental wellbeing like Copper.
- Women’s rights: She partners with feminist organizations like Sisters Uncut and uses her platform to call attention to gender inequality.
- LGBTQ rights: She frequently advocates for LGBTQ acceptance and partners with related organizations.
Overall, Williams is dedicated to leveraging her celebrity status to promote social, environmental, and humanitarian causes. Her charitable work demonstrates a commitment to making the world a better place.
How does Maisie Williams spend her money?
Though she’s amassed millions in net worth, Maisie Williams leads a relatively low-key lifestyle and is smart about spending her money. Here’s a look at how she chooses to spend it:
- Investing in startups: Rather than indulge in lavish spending, Williams puts a lot of her money back into investments as mentioned earlier.
- Supporting charities: She donates both time and money to various organizations and causes.
- Real estate: She bought a modest $2 million home in England as her primary residence.
- Traveling: Williams does indulge in some nicer vacations and global travel. Some destinations she’s visited include Italy, France, Japan, and Qatar.
- Education: She enrolled in an online psychology course to further her education.
- Financial security: Williams is wise with saving and building wealth to ensure long-term security.
- Helping family: She likely shares her wealth to some degree with parents and siblings.
- Occasional splurges: While mainly modest, Williams can afford to spend on nicer clothes, restaurants, etc. at times.
Overall, Williams tends to spend smartly, focusing on investments, charity, education, travel, and security over material luxuries. She’s building a strong financial foundation for the future.
Things That Grew Maisie Williams’ Net Worth
Maisie Williams has an estimated $10 million net worth at a relatively young age. Here are 3 key things that helped grow her wealth:
Game of Thrones Success
Obviously, Maisie’s biggest financial boost came from her role on the global phenomenon Game of Thrones. As one of the show’s most popular characters, her salary increased substantially over the seasons. She likely made over $11 million just from her GoT earnings.
Rather than squandering her money, Williams has made smart investments in startups, real estate, and businesses she believes in. This provides ongoing income and leverages her fame.
Building Her Brand
By remaining relevant, engaging with fans, and leveraging partnerships, Williams has built her personal brand outside of acting. This leads to lucrative endorsement deals and business opportunities.
Most Valuable Assets of Maisie Williams
Based on estimates of Maisie Williams’ net worth and assets, these appear to be some of her most valuable holdings:
Her primary residence, a home in England valued around $2 million, is likely one of her most valuable assets. Real estate provides stability and appreciation.
Game of Thrones Earnings
While most has been spent/invested, the estimated $11+ million Williams earned from Game of Thrones over 8 seasons is still her biggest payday to date.
Williams’ investments in successful startups like Daisie, Copper, and Pistola Denim represent major long-term assets. These could grow substantially in value.
Williams has earned 7-figure sums from partnerships with brands like Coach and Numeric. These deals provide ongoing income.
How Does Maisie Williams’ Net Worth Compare to Other Game of Thrones Stars?
Among the Game of Thrones cast, Maisie Williams’ estimated $10 million net worth puts her among the top tier of earners, but lower than the show’s biggest stars:
- Kit Harington (Jon Snow): $20 million net worth
- Peter Dinklage (Tyrion): $25 million net worth
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime): $16 million net worth
- Lena Headey (Cersei): $16 million net worth
- Emilia Clarke (Daenerys): $20 million net worth
Factors like when they joined the show, episode count, and existing fame impacted salaries. But Williams is still one of the more financially successful GoT stars. Her wise investments and branding have further grown her wealth after the show ended.
Compared to the top stars, she understandably made less given her age when she joined and supporting character status. But Williams earned far more than most actors her age and translated that into solid assets.
How Has Maisie Williams’ Net Worth Changed Over Time?
Maisie Williams was a relatively unknown child actress before Game of Thrones. Here’s a timeline of how her net worth has evolved over the years:
- 2011 (Pre-GoT): Less than $100,000
- 2012-2014: $500,000+ from first few GoT seasons
- 2015-2016: Around $5 million as GoT salary increased
- 2017-2019: $10+ million at peak GoT popularity
- 2020: $10 million range after investing/saving GoT earnings
- 2021-2024: Net worth remains around $10 million with post-GoT roles and ventures
Game of Thrones of course caused her net worth to skyrocket starting in 2011. Wise investments, sponsorship deals, and a few film projects have allowed Williams to maintain her $10 million net worth even after GoT ended. She also has many years ahead to grow her wealth.
Table of Maisie Williams’ Net Worth Over Time
|Estimated Net Worth
|Key Income Sources
|Early acting gigs
|Early GoT seasons
|GoT at peak popularity
|GoT seasons 7 & 8
|Investing GoT earnings
|Post-GoT projects & deals
Interesting Facts About Maisie Williams’ Wealth
- Maisie was estimated to be the 175th highest-paid actress in the world in 2019 with $900k earnings that year.
- She reportedly earned more than $500k from endorsements and sponsorships in 2019 alone.
- Williams has what she calls a “sensible car” – a Volkswagen Golf she bought used rather than a fancy luxury vehicle.
- Despite her millions in the bank, she still finds paying over $5 for an oat milk latte painful due to her frugal spending habits.
- Maisie’s estimated net worth is nearly 200 times the $55k median wealth per adult in the UK where she resides.
Lessons from Maisie Williams’ Financial Success
Analyzing how Maisie Williams has earned and managed her $10 million net worth provides some valuable lessons:
Leverage Your Talent
Williams found fame and fortune through acting at a young age. She made the most of her talents on a global stage.
Grow Your Money Wisely
Rather than overspend, she invested earnings back into assets set to appreciate like startups and real estate.
Build Your Personal Brand
She cultivated a devoted fanbase and leveraged that for lucrative partnerships and business ventures.
Maisie Williams’ Quotes About Money
Maisie Williams has shared insightful quotes over the years that provide a window into her financial mindset:
- “Don’t spend what you don’t have. It’s a funny thing to not spend money just because you have it.”
- “I’m so frugal… I never buy anything unnecessary.”
- “I don’t live a lavish lifestyle and I’m not motivated by money.”
- “I always wonder why anyone would spend loads of money on a car or handbag…I’ve never been one who craves a lot of attention.”
- “I care much more about using my platform and connecting with people than earning loads of money through sponsorship deals.”
In summary, Maisie Williams has cultivated an impressive $10 million net worth at a young age through lucrative acting roles like Game of Thrones, combined with wise investments and partnerships. Her career and financial accomplishments are remarkable for someone in her 20s.
While Williams enjoys the wealth she has earned, she remains down-to-earth and thoughtful about spending while using her platform for good. She has all the ingredients to continue growing her fortune and standing for many years to come. Maisie Williams provides a model case study for converting talent and opportunity into sustainable financial and professional success.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much is Maisie Williams worth in 2023?
Maisie Williams has an estimated net worth of around $10 million as of 2023. The bulk of her wealth comes from her starring role on Game of Thrones.
What was Maisie Williams’ salary per episode on Game of Thrones?
Reports estimate Maisie Williams earned around $150,000 per episode during the final seasons of Game of Thrones.
What is Maisie Williams’ most valuable asset?
Her estimated $2 million home in the U.K. is likely Maisie Williams’ most valuable individual asset currently. Her startup investments could grow to be very valuable in the future.
How does Maisie Williams spend her money?
Maisie seems to live a relatively frugal lifestyle focused on investing, supporting causes, traveling, and spending time with family rather than lavish splurges. She spends wisely.
Why is Maisie Williams so rich at a young age?
Maisie earned millions from acting on Game of Thrones in her teens and twenties. Rather than overspend, she invested earnings into assets and partnerships that will continue growing her wealth.