Roman Griffin Davis is a young British actor who rose to fame for his lead role as Jojo in the 2019 satirical comedy-drama film Jojo Rabbit. Despite his young age, Roman has already established himself as a promising talent in the entertainment industry.
At just 12 years old, Roman delivered an incredible breakthrough performance in Jojo Rabbit playing a young German boy during World War II who finds out his mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their home. Roman was highly praised for his emotional range, comedic timing, and on-screen charisma. He won numerous accolades for the role including the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer.
What is Roman Griffin Davis’ background?
Roman Griffin Davis was born on March 5, 2007 in London, England. From an early age, Roman expressed an interest in acting and performing. He began taking acting lessons at the Sylvia Young Theatre School to hone his skills.
Roman comes from an artistic family. His father is a film editor and his mother is a talent agent who helped manage his budding career. He also has an older sister named Gilby.
Roman started auditioning for roles professionally when he was 6 years old. He landed minor parts in short films and TV commercials. His first credited acting role was in a 2018 film called The Silent Man.
Jojo Rabbit served as Roman’s major breakthrough and catapulted him into stardom in 2019 when he was just 11 years old. Since then, he has gone on to act in other feature films demonstrating his versatility as a young actor.
What is Roman Griffin Davis’ net worth?
As of 2023, Roman Griffin Davis’ net worth is estimated to be around $2 million.
The vast majority of Roman’s net worth comes from his salary and earnings from his lead role in the Oscar-winning film Jojo Rabbit. While exact salary figures are undisclosed, analysts estimate Roman likely earned around $1 million for his breakthrough part in the film.
Additional income sources contributing to Roman’s $2 million net worth include:
- Payments for other acting roles
- Commercial endorsements and sponsorships
- Appearance fees for events and interviews
- Social media monetization
As Roman continues to build his career and star profile, his net worth has high growth potential at a young age. Industry experts predict Roman’s net worth will steadily rise assuming he transitions successfully into more adult roles.
Table of Roman Griffin Davis’ Earnings Sources
|Source of Earnings
|Jojo Rabbit movie salary
|Other acting roles
|Social Media Earnings
|Total Net Worth
What assets does Roman Griffin Davis have?
While still very young, Roman has likely accumulated some assets from his early career success. Potential assets contributing to Roman’s $2 million net worth may include:
- Real estate – Roman may have income property or a home purchased by his parents. Real estate is a common investment for young actors.
- Vehicles – He likely does not own expensive cars yet due to his age, but he may have access to family vehicles.
- Investments – With guidance from his parents, Roman may have savings invested in stocks, bonds, or index funds to grow his wealth.
- Jewelry & accessories – Roman probably does not own extremely costly jewelry yet but may have some nicer accessories purchased with his earnings.
- Clothing & shoes – His public appearance wardrobe for events is most likely worth tens of thousands in high-end fashion.
- residuals – Roman continues to earn residuals on Jojo Rabbit as it airs and streams worldwide.
As Roman matures and his career progresses, he will likely continue to build his assets and net worth profile through savvy investments and property purchases.
How does Roman Griffin Davis spend his money?
While still a kid, Roman probably does not have huge expenses yet compared to adult actors. However, based on observations, Roman likely spends his multi-million dollar net worth on:
- Education – Roman’s parents probably put some of his earnings towards his schooling.
- Travel – Roman has the means to travel the world more extensively with his family.
- Charity – Roman seems passionate about giving back and may donate some of his wealth to causes he cares about.
- Experiences – He can afford VIP treatment at concerts, sports events, etc. to have exceptional experiences.
- Gifts & toys – While not overly spoiled, Roman can afford more expensive gifts and entertainment.
- Savings/investments – His parents are likely putting away substantial savings for Roman’s future and retirement.
- Living expenses – His family has extra money available for quality housing, food, transportation.
- Help for parents – He may help provide an allowance or support to his parents as a thank you.
As Roman gets older, he may take on more substantial expenses like real estate and cars. But for now, his spending seems modest for a young millionaire actor.
What roles has Roman Griffin Davis played?
Though only 12 years old, Roman Griffin Davis already has several acting credits to his name:
- Jojo Rabbit (2019) – This satirical WWII film by Taika Waititi served as Roman’s breakthrough lead role playing young German boy Jojo. His emotional and humorous portrayal earned him universal acclaim and a Critics’ Choice Movie Award.
- Silent Night (2021) – Roman played Art in this apocalyptic black comedy film starring Keira Knightley. He held his own alongside more veteran actors.
- The Scary of Sixty-First (2021) – Roman had a supporting role as Child in this indie thriller also starring Betsey Mackay.
- Save the Cinema (2020) – Roman played the recurring role of Casper in this British TV series about a boy trying to save his local cinema.
- Hansel and Gretel: After Ever After (2019) – Roman voiced the role of Hansel in this animated short film putting a spin on the classic fairy tale.
- The Man Who Killed Don Quixote (2018) – Roman had a small uncredited role as a child in this fantasy-adventure film starring Adam Driver and Jonathan Pryce.
Roman has demonstrated impressive versatility in the types of roles he has taken so far from comedy to drama. He has bright prospects to continue landing bigger parts in major Hollywood films as his career progresses.
What awards has Roman Griffin Davis won?
The most notable award Roman Griffin Davis has won so far is:
- Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer (2020) – Roman won this honor at just 12 years old for his acclaimed performance in Jojo Rabbit. This award from the Critics Choice Association validates Roman as one of the top young talents in the industry.
Some of the other awards and nominations Roman has received include:
- Hollywood Critics Association Midseason Awards – Best Performance by a Youth
- Nevada Film Critics Society – Best Youth Performance
- Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards – Best Performance by a Youth
- Seattle Film Critics Society Awards – Best Youth Performance
- St. Louis Film Critics Association – Best Supporting Actor
- Washington DC Area Film Critics Association Awards – Best Youth Performance
For such a young performer, Roman has already collected an impressive array of accolades from leading critics groups and awards organizations. As his career progresses, he is well-positioned to potentially win more prestigious awards including Oscars. His acting talent at a young age suggests a highly promising future is ahead.
What is next for Roman Griffin Davis’ career?
Roman Griffin Davis has proven he has the talent and screen presence to make the transition from child actor to more mature adult roles. Here is what may be on tap next for Roman as he builds his career:
- Take on a wider range of leading and supporting roles in films – Roman will aim to show off his versatility by playing different characters across genres from dramas to action movies.
- Make his stage debut – Many accomplished actors get their start in theatre, so Roman may pursue stage productions to enhance his acting chops.
- Host Saturday Night Live – SNL often invites up-and-coming young actors to host and it could serve as Roman’s introduction to a more adult audience.
- Star in a TV series – Leading a television series could be Roman’s pathway to building a steady long-term career and fanbase.
- Attend college and study acting – Roman will have the resources to attend prestigious acting programs at colleges like Yale, Juilliard or NYU to continue developing his craft.
- Produce his own projects – Roman may leverage his clout to start producing his own films or digital content where he has more creative control.
- Transition into adult roles – The real test will be selecting the right grown-up parts to evolve beyond child actor status.
Roman possesses the natural abilities to have an acclaimed career but the years ahead will test his creativity and business savvy to choose projects wisely and expand his range. The potential is there for Roman to grow into an A-list leading man if he plays his cards right.
Despite being only 12 years old, Roman Griffin Davis has already established himself as one of the most talented and promising young actors in the entertainment industry today. His acclaimed lead performance in Jojo Rabbit earned him instant fame and demonstrated his considerable acting chops.
Roman’s net worth is estimated to be around $2 million thanks to his salary from the Oscar-winning film as well as other income sources. As he transitions into more mature roles, Roman has the potential to build significant wealth for himself through savvy financial and career choices.
With his natural comedic and dramatic abilities, Roman has a bright future ahead as long as he can effectively navigate the transition from child to adult actor. Given the quality projects he has secured so far, Roman seems well-positioned to make that leap. Within the next decade, it would not be surprising to see Roman become a household name in Hollywood commanding seven or even eight figure paydays for his roles.
Who are Roman Griffin Davis’ parents?
Roman’s parents are Ben Davis (film editor) and Charlotte Griffin (talent agent). Both work in the entertainment industry and helped guide Roman’s early career.
Is Roman Griffin Davis dating anyone?
No, Roman is not dating anyone. At just 12 years old, he is focused on his career rather than romantic relationships.
Where does Roman Griffin Davis live?
Roman resides in England with his family, splitting time between London and Bath.
What is Roman Griffin Davis’ height?
Roman is fairly tall for his age. He is currently around 5 feet 5 inches tall (165 cm).
What is Roman Griffin Davis’ Instagram?
Roman’s verified Instagram account is @romangriffindavis where he has over 700,000 followers.