Tristan Lake Leabu is an American child actor best known for his role as Young James T. Kirk in the 2009 film Star Trek. He was born on August 19, 2008 in Los Angeles, California.
Leabu’s breakout role came when he was cast as the child version of Captain Kirk, originally played by Chris Pine, in the J.J. Abrams reboot of the Star Trek film franchise. Despite his young age at the time, Leabu was praised for his performance and strong resemblance to Pine.
Following Star Trek, Leabu went on to have roles in several other films and TV shows including The Young and the Restless (2011), Frankenweenie (2012), and Ender’s Game (2013). While he has not acted consistently in recent years, his performance as Young Kirk remains his most iconic role so far.
What is Tristan Lake Leabu’s Net Worth?
As of late 2022, Tristan Lake Leabu’s net worth is estimated to be around $500,000.
The majority of Leabu’s net worth comes from his acting work as a child star, particularly his breakout role in 2009’s Star Trek. As a principal actor in a major Hollywood blockbuster, Leabu likely earned a sizable salary despite his young age. Residual payments from the continued success of Star Trek over the years have also contributed to his current net worth.
Other contributing factors to Leabu’s net worth include:
- Payments for other acting roles in films and TV shows. His day rate for smaller productions is estimated to be in the thousands.
- Backend profits and royalties from projects he has participated in.
- Appearance fees for events like fan conventions.
- Income from any endorsements or sponsorships deals.
As Leabu continues to act sporadically and benefits from revenues associated with his past projects, his net worth will likely continue to grow slowly over time even without any major new roles.
How Did Tristan Lake Leabu Build His Net Worth?
Tristan Lake Leabu built his current net worth of $500,000 primarily through his acting work from a young age. Here are the key sources of income that contributed to his net worth building over the years:
- Star Trek (2009) – Leabu’s biggest payday came from his performance as Young James T. Kirk in the Star Trek reboot film. The massive success of the film also provided long-term royalties.
- The Young and the Restless (2011) – Multi-episode arc on the popular soap opera likely earned Leabu a good salary.
- Frankenweenie (2012) – Voice acting role in a Tim Burton animated film added to his bank account.
- Ender’s Game (2013) – Supporting part in this sci-fi adaptation.
- Other smaller films/TV shows – Handful of minor credits provided income over the years.
Backend Profits & Royalties
- Ongoing residuals and royalties from Star Trek and other projects continue to provide revenue.
- Profits from projects he participated in give him a cut of future earnings.
Appearances & Sponsorships
- Convention appearances for a fee allow Leabu to monetize his fame.
- Any endorsement deals or sponsorships also contribute income.
By starting his acting career early and landing a major blockbuster role in Star Trek, Leabu was able to build sizable wealth for his age. His continued work and backend profits have grown his net worth to around half a million dollars.
What are Tristan Lake Leabu’s Major Acting Roles?
Here are some of Tristan Lake Leabu’s most significant acting roles to date:
Star Trek (2009)
Without a doubt Leabu’s breakout and most recognizable role is playing the child version of James T. Kirk in the J.J. Abrams Star Trek reboot film. Despite limited screen time, his performance caught audience attention and built his profile.
The Young and the Restless (2011)
Leabu had a multi-episode guest arc playing Reed Hellstrom on the long-running soap opera. The recurring part demonstrated his versatility.
In this Tim Burton animated film, Leabu did voice acting for the role of Bob Frankenstein. The movie expanded his acting repertoire.
Ender’s Game (2013)
Based on the acclaimed sci-fi novel, Leabu plays the minor but memorable role of Peter Wiggin in this film. It added a supporting credit on a major book adaptation to his list of credits.
He appeared on an episode of the TNT crime drama series Perception as the younger version of a key character.
While still early in his career, these roles demonstrate Leabu’s talents and ability to land parts in major films, TV shows, and as voice talent. His varied roles showcase his acting range as both a child and young adult.
What Awards Has Tristan Lake Leabu Won?
Despite his young age, Tristan Lake Leabu has already received some recognition for his acting work:
Young Artist Award
- Best Performance in a Feature Film (2009) – Won for his role in Star Trek as Young James T. Kirk. This was Leabu’s first major acting award.
Phoenix Film Critics Society Award
- Best Performance by a Youth in a Lead or Supporting Role (2009) – Won this award from Phoenix Film Critics Society also for his Star Trek role.
Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award
- Youth in Film (2009) – Received this honor from Las Vegas Film Critics Society for Star Trek.
Broadcast Film Critics Association Award
- Best Young Actor/Actress (2009) – Nominated for his performance as young Kirk.
His awards so far recognize his talented acting work as a child actor, with his biggest accolades coming from his breakout role in Star Trek in 2009. Despite his sporadic acting schedule since then, he remains a skilled young actor with potential for more great roles and awards in the future.
What Films and TV Shows Has Tristan Lake Leabu Been In?
Here is a filmography summary of Tristan Lake Leabu’s acting credits over the years:
- Star Trek (2009) – Young James T. Kirk
- Frankenweenie (2012) – Bob Frankenstein (voice)
- Ender’s Game (2013) – Peter Wiggin
- Meth Head (2013) – Jaxon
- Phineas and Ferb (2011) – Additional Voices
- The Young and the Restless (2011) – Reed Hellstrom
- Perception (2012) – Young Daniel Pierce
- How to Build a Better Boy (2014) – Chuck Feeney
- Waterloo Road (2015) – Earl Kelly
- Star Trek DVD/Blu-ray extras (2009)
- Troop 1500 Documentary (2013)
- Anatomy of a Scene: Big Game (2014)
Leabu’s early career has been a mix of major Hollywood movies and guest roles on popular TV shows. His filmography demonstrates his talent and ability to land varied and substantial roles.
What is Tristan Lake Leabu Doing Now in 2022?
In recent years, Tristan Lake Leabu has not been very actively involved in acting projects. His most recent credited acting role was in 2015 in the UK TV series Waterloo Road.
Based on his social media, it appears Leabu is living the life of a fairly normal teenager – attending high school, playing sports, spending time with friends and family.
Despite his early success as a child actor, it seems that Leabu is not pursuing acting as a full-time endeavor at this stage of his life. However, his posts also suggest he still does some occasional acting work and photo shoots.
As Leabu embarks on adulthood, he may choose to ramp up his acting career again and leverage his previous credits and name recognition. Or he may ultimately pursue a path outside of the entertainment industry.
For now, Tristan Lake Leabu appears focused on his education and enjoying his teenage years out of the limelight, while remaining involved in acting on a more casual basis. Fans will have to stay tuned to see if he takes on any major new Hollywood roles in the coming years!
Is Tristan Lake Leabu on Social Media?
Yes, Tristan Lake Leabu does have a presence on some social media platforms:
Instagram: @lakeleabu – Leabu has an active Instagram account with over 8,000 followers. He posts typical teen content like selfies, gym photos, hanging out with friends, and some of his head shots and modeling photos. Fans can get a glimpse into his current life.
Twitter: @LakeLeabu – His old Twitter account hasn’t been used since 2016, but could potentially become active again.
Facebook: No verified official page found, although some fan pages exist.
TikTok: No account found.
YouTube: No official YouTube channel, but some fan-made compilation videos exist.
Overall, Tristan Lake Leabu has limited social media presence focused just on Instagram at the moment. As a minor and high school student, it makes sense that he has chosen to keep most of his life offline and maintain his privacy. But his Instagram still gives fans a way to keep up and connect.
What is Tristan Lake Leabu’s Family and Background?
Tristan Leabu was born on August 19, 2008 in Los Angeles, California. His parents are Tammy and James Leabu. He has one older brother named Trevor.
His father James has worked as a police officer. His mother Tammy homeschools Tristan and manages his acting career.
The Leabu family seems very tight-knit and supportive of Tristan’s acting from a young age while still giving him a grounded childhood. Tristan credits his parents for keeping him disciplined and not letting early fame get to his head.
Tristan Lake Leabu is American and of mixed ethnic background. According to interviews, he has English, French, German and Cherokee Native American ancestry.
Despite growing up in the entertainment industry from childhood, Leabu appears to have a stable family life and upbringing. His parents continue to manage his career while giving him space to focus on education and growing up outside the spotlight as a typical teenager.
What is Tristan Lake Leabu’s Height and Physical Stats?
Here are some of Tristan Lake Leabu’s key physical stats:
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (165 cm)
- Weight: Around 130 lbs (59 kg)
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Body Type: Lean athletic build
In recent photos, Leabu is developing into a fit and athletic looking young man as he continues to mature. He regularly shares gym photos showcasing his physical fitness regimen.
His height and slim build are well suited for on-screen roles whether as a teenager or potentially more adult parts in the coming years. He has grown significantly from his early child acting days while maintaining his boyish good looks.
What is Tristan Lake Leabu’s Ethnicity?
Tristan Lake Leabu has stated that he has mixed ethnic heritage including English, French, German and Cherokee Native American ancestry. Both his parents have diverse backgrounds that have contributed to Leabu’s blend of features.
His unique mix of European and Native American descent gives Leabu an appealing and ambiguous ethnic appearance that allows him to portray a range of characters and ethnicities.
So far in his acting career, Leabu has convincingly played both leading roles like James T. Kirk in Star Trek and supporting ethnic characters like Earl Kelly in the UK show Waterloo Road.
Going forward, Leabu’s diverse background will likely continue to be an asset in his acting versatility and ability to bring dynamic characters to life on screen.
What Charities or Causes Does Tristan Lake Leabu Support?
As a child actor, Tristan Lake Leabu has had the opportunity to support various charitable causes over the years:
Starlight Children’s Foundation
- Leabu has been involved with Starlight focused on seriously ill children, attending events and helping raise money.
- He was featured in a documentary highlighting this Girl Scout troop supporting homeless girls in Los Angeles.
March of Dimes
- Participated in March for Babies events for the March of Dimes organization.
Young Storytellers Foundation
- Leabu has done volunteer work helping kids learn storytelling/creative writing skills.
Canine Companions for Independence
- Supported this group providing service dogs for people with disabilities.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Made appearances at Boys & Girls Club events as a positive role model for youth.
It’s clear from his philanthropic work that Tristan Lake Leabu cares about giving back, especially to children and young people. His charity efforts demonstrate his maturity and commitment to helping worthwhile causes.
Who are Tristan Lake Leabu’s Biggest Influences?
In interviews over the years, Tristan Lake Leabu has discussed some of the key people who influenced and inspired him both in acting and in life:
- Leonardo DiCaprio – Leabu admires DiCaprio’s career trajectory, range of roles, and using fame as a platform for good causes.
- Chris Pine – Playing the young version of Pine’s James Kirk character connected Leabu to the renowned movie star.
- Harrison Ford – Ford, and playing his younger self, helped inspire Leabu’s interest in acting.
- J.J. Abrams – The director taking a chance on him for Star Trek vaulted Leabu’s early career.
- Tim Burton – Burton hiring Leabu for Frankenweenie was a dream for the budding actor.
- Parents – His mom and dad keep Leabu grounded and provide unconditional support.
With an eye to parlay early success into a long-term career, Leabu seems to look to iconic actors and directors he has worked with as models for balancing work, philanthropic impact, and normal life out of the spotlight.
Tristan Lake Leabu’s Career So Far
As a child actor who achieved major early success, key takeaways from Tristan Lake Leabu’s career so far include:
- Landing a breakout opportunity (Star Trek) can immediately accelerate an acting career.
- Good management and parental support is crucial – allows focus on work without unnecessary pressure.
- Transitioning into adulthood after early fame presents challenges for career growth.
- Acting versatility, including voice work, builds the resume.
- Philanthropy and staying grounded provide balance from the entertainment industry.
The years ahead will determine if Leabu can leverage his early momentum into an enduring acting profession that taps into his multifaceted talents while maintaining a healthy, well-balanced life.
In summary, Tristan Lake Leabu achieved an unusual level of Hollywood success as a child actor which has allowed him to build an estimated $500,000 net worth already. His breakout role as Young James T. Kirk in Star Trek combined with other film and TV credits make up the bulk of his current wealth.
Looking ahead, it will be interesting to see if Leabu ramps up his acting career again as an adult or pursues other options outside the industry. While currently focused on normal teenage life, his existing profile and resume could serve him well if he seeks high-profile roles in the future.
Regardless of the path he ultimately takes, Tristan Lake Leabu has clearly benefited from starting acting at a very young age. The financial and career rewards have already been significant. His mixture of both fame and normalcy growing up also seems to have kept him on a positive path and served him well in the challenging world of child stardom.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Tristan Lake Leabu worth?
As of late 2022, Tristan Lake Leabu’s net worth is estimated to be around $500,000. The bulk of his net worth comes from childhood acting roles, particularly his breakout performance in Star Trek (2009).
What was Tristan Lake Leabu’s biggest role?
Without question, Tristan Lake Leabu’s biggest and most recognizable role so far was playing Young James T. Kirk in the 2009 Star Trek movie reboot. This was his major breakout part.
How much did Tristan Lake Leabu make for Star Trek?
Leabu’s exact salary for Star Trek is not known, but as the star child actor in a major Hollywood blockbuster, he likely earned at least a six figure paycheck even at his young age. The ongoing royalties have also been lucrative.
What did Tristan Lake Leabu do after Star Trek?
Some of Leabu’s notable roles after Star Trek included The Young and the Restless soap opera (2011), voice acting in Frankenweenie (2012), and supporting parts in Ender’s Game (2013) and the British show Waterloo Road (2015).
Is Tristan Lake Leabu still acting?
As of 2022, Leabu is not actively pursuing acting full-time. His most recent credited role was in 2015. He appears focused on school and normal teenage life based on his social media, but may return to more active acting in the future.
Why did Tristan Lake Leabu stop acting?
Leabu has not definitively stopped acting, but scaled back after his early success as a child actor. Maintaining a more normal life and school schedule seems to be his priority currently after a busy childhood acting career.
What is Tristan Lake Leabu doing now?
Now a teenager, Tristan Lake Leabu is living a relatively normal life focused on school, sports, spending time with family and friends. He continues to do some occasional acting work and photo shoots but not as his main priority.