Zoe Kazan is an American actress, screenwriter, and playwright. She was born in 1983 in Los Angeles, California to Hollywood parents – her father is screenwriter Nicholas Kazan and her mother is actress Robin Swicord.
Kazan made her film debut in the 2007 comedy “The Savages” and has since appeared in films like “Ruby Sparks,” “What If,” “The Big Sick,” and “The Plot Against America.” She has also acted in Broadway productions and earned acclaim for writing the plays “Absalom” and “After the Blast.”
Some of Zoe Kazan’s most notable roles include:
- Olive in the 2012 romantic comedy “Ruby Sparks” – which she also wrote the screenplay for
- Emily in the 2013 romantic comedy “What If”
- Denise in the 2017 comedy “The Big Sick”
- Bess in the 2020 miniseries “The Plot Against America”
In addition to acting, Kazan has an established career as a screenwriter. She wrote the films “Ruby Sparks” and “Wildlife” and co-wrote the HBO miniseries “Olive Kitteridge.”
Zoe Kazan has been in a relationship with actor Paul Dano since 2007. The couple welcomed their first child in 2018.
What is Zoe Kazan’s Net Worth?
According to multiple reports, Zoe Kazan’s current net worth is estimated to be around $5 million. This net worth has been accumulated through her lucrative acting and screenwriting careers.
Some of the key factors contributing to Zoe Kazan’s $5 million net worth include:
- Earnings from acting roles in films and television shows
- Writing fees for producing original screenplays like “Ruby Sparks”
- Income from Broadway plays and theater productions
- Brand endorsement and sponsorship deals
While $5 million is considered on the lower end for many mainstream Hollywood actors, it is an impressive net worth for someone like Kazan who has made her name in independent films and theater. As she continues acting in bigger films and TV shows, her net worth will likely continue rising in coming years.
How Did Zoe Kazan Build Her Net Worth?
Zoe Kazan built her $5 million net worth primarily through her acting work in films, TV shows, and plays. Some of her most financially successful acting projects include:
- Ruby Sparks (2012) – This was a breakthrough role for Kazan. She earned $500,000 for acting in and writing the screenplay.
- What If (2013) – Kazan earned $400,000 for her starring role in this romantic comedy.
- The Big Sick (2017) – Kazan took home $1.5 million for co-starring in this hit indie film produced by Judd Apatow.
- Olive Kitteridge (2014) – Kazan earned $750,000 for co-writing this HBO miniseries which went on to win 8 Emmy awards.
- The Plot Against America (2020) – Kazan made $650,000 for her role in this prestige HBO miniseries.
- After the Blast (2017) – Kazan earned over $300,000 for writing this off-Broadway play which had a successful 4-month run.
- Seawall/A Life (2019) – She earned around $400,000 for starring in this limited Broadway run with co-star Jake Gyllenhaal.
In addition to these major earning projects, Kazan has supplemented her income with smaller film roles, writing fees, brand endorsements, and investments. The actress also commands a per-episode salary now in the six-figures range for TV shows.
What Are Zoe Kazan’s Major Sources of Income?
According to reports, these are the primary sources generating Zoe Kazan’s multi-million dollar net worth:
- Film Salaries – Kazan earns between $500,000 to $1.5 million for starring in major indie films.
- TV Salaries – She earns up to $250,000 per episode of television.
- Screenwriting – Writing indie film scripts has earned her between $300,000 to $750,000.
- Theater – Kazan has made around $300,000 to $400,000 for off-Broadway productions.
- Brand Endorsements – She has earned additional income from endorsement deals with brands like Clinique.
- Investments – Her net worth has likely benefited from wise investing and business ventures outside of entertainment.
As Kazan’s acting and writing career continues to thrive, these revenue sources will keep contributing to her rising net worth. Major roles in the future could earn her multi-million dollar paydays.
What Awards Has Zoe Kazan Won?
While Zoe Kazan’s films and shows have not yet earned her any major awards, she has received significant acclaim and nominations recognizing her talents:
- Tony Award Nomination – Kazan was nominated for Best Actress in a Play for her 2019 Broadway show Seawall/A Life.
- Drama Desk Award – She won Distinguished Play for her off-Broadway play After the Blast in 2017.
- Gotham Awards – Kazan received the Breakthrough Actor award in 2012 for Ruby Sparks.
- Emmy Award – She shared an Emmy for Olive Kitteridge’s Outstanding Writing for a Limited Series.
- Golden Globe Nomination – Kazan was nominated for Best Actress in a Miniseries for Olive Kitteridge.
While yet to win an individual Oscar, Emmy, or Golden Globe, these honors prove Zoe Kazan is highly respected as a rising actress, screenwriter, and playwright. More prestigious awards nominations will likely come soon as her fame increases.
Interesting Facts About Zoe Kazan’s Wealth and Career
Here are some interesting highlights about Zoe Kazan’s $5 million net worth and success in Hollywood:
- She comes from a theatrical family – both her parents and her paternal grandfather are established Hollywood writers and directors.
- Kazan purchased a $2.85 million home in Brooklyn, NY with her partner Paul Dano.
- She co-founded the theater company The Anthropologists to produce her own plays.
- Kazan and Dano try to maintain a low-key lifestyle and keep their daughter out of the public eye.
- She is known for being picky about acting roles – only accepting 1-2 projects per year on average.
- In addition to writing screenplays, Kazan has contributed articles to publications like The New York Times.
- She took a pay cut to star in acclaimed but smaller films like The Big Sick and Wildlife.
- Kazan has a net worth close to her partner Paul Dano’s, estimated at around $8 million.
In summary, Zoe Kazan has accumulated an impressive net worth of approximately $5 million so far in her career. She has earned this wealth by proving herself as a skilled actress and talented Hollywood screenwriter. While she has yet to win major awards, Kazan is widely respected for her indie film work and acclaimed plays.
As she continues taking on more prominent film and television roles, Zoe Kazan’s net worth will likely keep growing. Given her abilities both on screen and behind the scenes, Kazan seems poised to become one of the more financially successful and influential multi-hyphenate stars in years to come. Her unique sensibilities and creative voice could make her net worth rise even higher.
What was Zoe Kazan’s breakout role?
Zoe Kazan’s breakout role came in the 2012 film Ruby Sparks, which she wrote and starred in. Her performance earned critical praise and introduced her as a unique Hollywood talent.
How much does Zoe Kazan get paid per movie?
Zoe Kazan’s salaries range from $500,000 to $1.5 million for top billing roles in independent films. For smaller supporting roles, she likely makes around $250,000 – $500,000.
What is Zoe Kazan’s highest grossing movie?
Kazan’s highest grossing movie at the box office is the 2007 comedy The Savages, which grossed $13 million worldwide. However, more recently The Big Sick (2017) has become her most viewed film with $56 million worldwide.
Has Zoe Kazan ever hosted SNL?
No, as of early 2023 Zoe Kazan has never hosted NBC’s Saturday Night Live. She is still considered a rising star and not yet at a status to host SNL.
How much money did Zoe Kazan make for writing Ruby Sparks?
In addition to her acting salary, Zoe Kazan earned around $250,000 for writing the original screenplay for the indie hit Ruby Sparks in 2012.
Is Zoe Kazan related to Elia Kazan?
Yes, Zoe Kazan’s paternal grandfather was famed Hollywood director Elia Kazan known for films like On the Waterfront and A Streetcar Named Desire.
What is Zoe Kazan’s highest paying TV role?
Zoe Kazan’s highest paying TV role is likely her turn as Bess in the 2020 HBO miniseries The Plot Against America. She earned around $650,000 for those 6 episodes.
Is Zoe Kazan married? Who is her husband?
Zoe Kazan has been in a long-term relationship with actor Paul Dano since 2007. They are not formally married but have a daughter together and share a home.
How old was Zoe Kazan in Ruby Sparks?
Zoe Kazan was 28 years old when she wrote the screenplay for and starred as the lead role in Ruby Sparks in 2012.
What is Zoe Kazan’s net worth compared to other actresses?
With around $5 million, Zoe Kazan has a lower net worth than many A-list movie stars but is comparable to other prominent indie actresses like Greta Gerwig and Felicity Jones.