Katie Price, also known as Jordan, is a British media personality, businesswoman, model, and author. She first gained public recognition in 1996 for her glamour modelling work with The Sun and appeared on Page 3 numerous times.
Since then, she has established herself as a television personality, author, singer, and businesswoman. Katie Price has an estimated net worth of £45 million as of 2023.
Katie Price’s Career Highlights
Price was born in Brighton, England, in 1978. She began her career as a glamour model in the 1990s, and quickly became one of the most popular models in the UK. She has also appeared in a number of reality TV shows, including I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! and Katie Price: My Crazy Life.
- Began glamour modelling in 1996 at age 17, appearing on Page 3 of The Sun frequently. Became popular as ‘Jordan’ – an alter-ego she adopted.
- Was runner-up in the Miss England pageant in 1996 under her real name.
- Featured in various men’s magazines and tabloids throughout the late 90s and 2000s. Posed for Playboy in 2002.
- Launched own lingerie line ‘Jordan’ in 1998 which was popular. Also had perfume line ‘Stunning’ in 2006.
- Appeared on reality show I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! in 2004 and 2009. Won the show in 2009.
- Had numerous reality shows focused on her life including Jordan (2002-2004), Katie & Peter (2004-2009), What Katie Did Next (2009-2010), Katie (2017-2018)
- Was a judge on Britain’s Got Talent in 2017.
- Participated in other shows like Celebrity Big Brother, Dancing on Ice, Celebrity MasterChef and more.
- Launched successful autobiography series starting with Being Jordan in 2004. Has written over 5 autobiographies.
- Briefly pursued a pop music career, releasing album A Whole New World in 2006. Single “Free to Love Again” reached #60 on charts.
- Launched clothing line, equestrian, beauty products and other merchandise.
- Did runway shows for Michiko Koshino, Ed Hardy, and more.
Katie Price Net Worth Breakdown
Katie Price has accumulated her wealth from various sources over her long career. Here is a breakdown of her earnings:
- Earned over £3 million from glamour modelling in the 1990s according to reports. Was one of the most popular Page 3 models at the time.
- Received lucrative contracts from men’s magazines and tabloids for photoshoots and interviews throughout her career.
- Made millions from various endorsements and licensing her name to lingerie lines, perfumes and beauty products in the 2000s.
Reality Television & Media Appearances
- Earned one of the highest fees ever on I’m a Celebrity reportedly around £350,000 in 2009. Earned £125,000 in 2004.
- Reportedly paid over £1 million total for her various reality shows with ITV.
- Paid fees for television appearances, interviews and licensing TV rights likely amount to millions.
Book Sales & Merchandise
- Sold over 5 million copies of her autobiography series earning millions in royalties.
- Had successful merchandise lines helping her make millions extra from Jordan branded perfumes, clothes and beauty items.
- Earned from licensing deals for dolls, books, calendars and other merchandise bearing her name and likeness.
Mansions & Property Investments
- Previously owned £2 million Sussex mansion which she sold for profit.
- Sold 11 bedroom ‘mucky mansion’ in 2021 for over £1.2 million after buying it for £1.3 million.
- Profited from property investments and flipping houses over the years.
- Currently owns £1.3 million Surrey mansion.
- Received over £2.5 million in divorce settlement from Peter Andre in 2009.
- Got estimated £300,000 settlement from Kieran Hayler divorce.
- Likely earned millions more from divorce settlements and child support payments over the years.
Katie Price Net Worth Compared to Others
- Katie Price’s net worth is estimated at £45 million.
- Fellow glamour model Rhian Sugden is said to be worth around £10 million currently.
- TV personality and model Caprice Bourret has a net worth estimated between £30 to £50 million.
- Glamour model Danielle Lloyd’s net worth is around £4 million.
- Former Page 3 model Samantha Fox’s net worth is estimated at £30 million.
- Model and media personality Jodie Marsh’s net worth is believed to be around £2.5 million.
- TV personality and model Gail Porter has a net worth of approximately £500,000.
So Katie Price’s estimated net worth of £45 million is significantly higher than most glamour models turned media personalities in the UK. Her extensive career, television shows, merchandise and property investments have made her one of the wealthiest in her field.
In summary, Katie Price has amassed an estimated net worth of £45 million as of 2023. She gained immense fame and wealth from her years as Britain’s most popular glamour model in the 90s and 2000s.
She monetized it through merchandise, reality shows, books and investments. Despite personal troubles, her wealth remains substantial compared to others in her field due to her savvy financial management and exploitation of her image rights over the decades.
She is regarded as a taboo-breaking entrepreneur who capitalized on her modelling fame better than most. While her income sources may have changed, Katie Price’s net worth secures her financial future.
Frequently Asked Questions About Katie Price’s Net Worth
How did Katie Price build her wealth?
Katie Price built her wealth primarily through her successful modelling career, reality television shows, merchandising, writing books and property investments over her long career. She earned millions from her years as a popular glamour model and effectively capitalized it into a multi-million media empire.
What are Katie Price’s biggest sources of income currently?
Currently Katie Price’s main sources of income are likely her media appearances, book royalties, licensing fees from merchandise and any property income. She has created residual income streams through books, perfumes and merch that continue generating revenue.
Does Katie Price own any businesses?
Yes, Katie Price owns her own clothing line, equestrian and merchandise business called KP Equestrian. She also had a children’s boutique called Little Pricey in 2011. Over the years she has also launched perfume, makeup, lingerie and beauty products lines.
How much did Katie Price earn from I’m a Celebrity?
It is reported Katie Price earned one of the highest fees in I’m a Celebrity history at around £350,000 for appearing in 2009. She also earned an estimated £125,000 for her 2004 appearance, one of the highest fees at the time as well.
How much are Katie Price’s mansions worth?
Katie Price used to own a £2 million Sussex mansion. She sold her 11 bedroom ‘mucky mansion’ in 2021 for over £1.2 million after buying it for £1.3 million. She currently owns a £1.3 million mansion in Surrey.
Does Katie Price still model today?
Katie Price no longer does glamour modelling. She last regularly modelled in the early 2000s and occasionally makes media appearances. She focuses now on other business ventures and television shows.
How does Katie Price’s net worth compare to other celebrities?
Katie Price’s £45 million net worth is lower than major celebrities like Kim Kardashian but higher than most British reality television stars and glamour models. Her shrewd business acumen helped her build assets that rank her among Britain’s wealthiest media personalities.