Anna Faris is an American actress and producer who has starred in many popular comedy films over the past two decades. She is best known for her roles in the Scary Movie franchise, The House Bunny, and Mom. Faris has established herself as one of the most successful comedic actresses in Hollywood. Her films have grossed over $1 billion worldwide.
In addition to her acting career, Faris has accumulated wealth through other business ventures and investments. She has written a book, launched a podcast, and starred in numerous commercials and web series. Her continued success has left many fans wondering: What is Anna Faris’ net worth?
What is Net Worth?
An individual’s net worth is calculated by subtracting all liabilities from assets. Assets include cash, savings accounts, investments, real estate, automobiles, and any other items of value. Liabilities include mortgages, credit card debt, student loans, and any other outstanding debts.
Net worth is often used as a measurement of a person’s financial health and wealth. However, it does not account for annual income or non-tangible assets like famous personas and brands. Net worth can fluctuate year over year based on changes in asset values, additional income, and debt balances.
How Did Anna Faris Build Her Net Worth?
Anna Faris began her professional acting career in the late 1990s with small roles in television shows and independent films. Her breakout role came in 2000 when she starred in the hit horror-comedy film Scary Movie. Faris appeared in the next three sequels in the Scary Movie franchise which went on to gross over $820 million worldwide.
Table 1. Anna Faris’ Earnings from the Scary Movie Franchise
|Anna Faris’ Salary
|Scary Movie (2000)
|Scary Movie 2 (2001)
|Scary Movie 3 (2003)
|Scary Movie 4 (2006)
The popularity of the Scary Movie films established Faris as a star in Hollywood comedies. She landed leading roles in films such as The Hot Chick, Waiting…, Just Friends, and My Super Ex-Girlfriend over the next few years.
Faris saw continued success with 2008’s The House Bunny, which grossed over $70 million worldwide. She earned $1 million for her starring role in the film. Her salary had steadily increased during this period as she gained more notoriety in the industry.
In 2013, Faris began starring on the hit CBS sitcom Mom alongside Allison Janney. The show has been on the air for 8 seasons as of 2021. Faris was estimated to be making around $125,000 per episode during her time on the show before exiting in 2020.
Table 2. Anna Faris’ Earnings from Mom (2013-2020)
|# of Episodes
In addition to her acting roles, Anna Faris has earned income from various other business ventures and endorsements. Some examples include:
- Releasing her book Unqualified in 2017 which was a New York Times bestseller.
- Launching her popular Anna Faris is Unqualified podcast in 2015.
- Partnering with numerous brands like No7, Snickers, and Emerald Nuts for endorsement deals.
- Executive producing the E! reality television series Mom Caves starring Faris’ close friend Nicole Sullivan.
What is Anna Faris’ Net Worth?
Estimates of Anna Faris’ current net worth range from $30 million to $40 million. She has earned big paydays for her film roles over the past two decades. Her time on the sitcom Mom also contributed significantly to her wealth.
Faris likely has also made wise investments with the money she has earned. As a successful Hollywood actress, she has had opportunities to invest in real estate and startup businesses that may have appreciated in value. Diversifying her income streams with books, podcasts, and endorsements has allowed her to build her net worth.
While she is not one of the richest actresses in Hollywood, Anna Faris has established herself financially through consistent acting work and other business ventures. If she continues working at her current pace, her net worth should continue to grow in the coming years. She has come a long way from her early small roles to now having tens of millions in the bank.
How Does Anna Faris Spend Her Net Worth?
With the amount of wealth Anna Faris has accumulated, she can afford a luxurious lifestyle. Some of the ways she likely spends her $30 to $40 million net worth include:
- Real Estate – Faris owns a beautiful 5-bed, 7-bath home in the Hollywood Hills worth over $5 million. She previously owned a $2 million mansion in Laurel Canyon that she sold in 2005. She also bought and sold other multimillion-dollar properties over the years.
- Luxury Cars – She has been spotted driving high-end vehicles like a BMW X5 SUV. Faris likely owns several nice cars to enjoy her wealth.
- Travel – For her honeymoon with ex-husband Chris Pratt, Faris went on a trip to Bora Bora that probably cost tens of thousands of dollars. She can afford to take exotic, luxurious trips any time she wants.
- Clothing & Jewelry – Faris has access to designer clothing and jewelry for her public appearances, movie premieres, and other events. Her net worth allows her to wear the latest fashions.
- Philanthropy – She supports various charities and causes. In 2012, Faris and Pratt donated $100,000 to the Kindred Hospice in Washington.
Even with her luxury lifestyle and expenses, Anna Faris still has plenty of money left over from her acting career earnings. She has invested her wealth well so that she can live comfortably for the rest of her life.
What Factors Contribute to Anna Faris’ Net Worth?
There are several key factors that have contributed to Anna Faris accumulating a net worth of $30 to $40 million:
Successful acting career – Starring in hit movies like the Scary Movie franchise and The House Bunny provided big paychecks. Her 8 seasons on Mom also earned millions.
Well-compensated film roles – As her stardom rose, so did Anna Faris’ salaries for each movie. She earned as much as $8 million for some films.
Savvy business investments – Faris likely has invested in real estate, stocks, and other businesses. This allows her wealth to grow beyond just acting income.
Diverse income sources – Writing a book, podcasting, endorsements, and producing projects provides additional revenue. This diversity helps increase net worth.
Frugal spending habits – Despite being rich, she does not overspend lavishly on extravagant luxuries. This smart money management grows her wealth.
No messy divorces – Her divorces to Ben Indra and Chris Pratt did not involve public legal battles. Avoiding costly divorce proceedings kept money in her pocket.
Thanks to these factors, Anna Faris has been able to consistently build and maintain her multi-million dollar net worth over her career.
How Does Anna Faris’ Net Worth Compare to Other Actresses?
Anna Faris’ net worth of around $30 to $40 million certainly puts her among the wealthiest actresses in Hollywood. However, when compared to some other female stars, Faris’ net worth ranks lower:
- Reese Witherspoon has a net worth of $300 million. Starring in and producing hits like Walk the Line and Big Little Lies significantly grew her wealth.
- Jennifer Lawrence is worth $160 million thanks in part to big paydays for The Hunger Games films and a lucrative Dior endorsement deal.
- Julia Roberts has a net worth of $250 million due to decades of well-paid starring roles in blockbusters plus endorsements.
- Jennifer Aniston’s net worth stands at $300 million largely from her 10 seasons on the sitcom Friends.
While Anna Faris does extremely well financially, her net worth is dwarfed by the massive wealth accumulated by these A-list Hollywood actresses. However, Faris has carved out an impressive career in her own right to reach tens of millions in net worth.
Anna Faris Net Worth Milestones
Anna Faris has come a long way from her early acting days to now having a net worth approaching nine figures. Here is a timeline of key milestones in her wealth accumulation journey:
- 1999 – Lands her first significant film role in Lovers Lane, earning around $2,000 according to reports. This marked her first major acting paycheck.
- 2000 – Breaks through commercially starring in the hit Scary Movie, likely earning her first $1 million paycheck. This established Faris as a star.
- 2001 – Continued success with Scary Movie 2 makes her one of Hollywood’s top comedic actresses. Her asking price goes up.
- 2008 – Leading role in The House Bunny adds over $70 million at the box office and cements her as a bankable actress.
- 2013 – 2020 – Eight seasons starring on the sitcom Mom pays Faris over $20 million total and provides steady income.
- 2023 – Present – Current net worth estimated between $30 – $40 million. Now financially set for life from her acting endeavors.
In summary, Anna Faris has amassed an impressive net worth between $30 – $40 million. Starring in hit comedic films like the Scary Movie movies and The House Bunny provided large paychecks that contributed significant wealth. Her time on the sitcom Mom also earned her millions over its successful 8-season run.
Astute business investments and endorsements have provided funds beyond just acting income. While she is not the richest actress in Hollywood, Faris has built an A-list level net worth through her talents and work ethic.
If she works steadily, her fortune should continue increasing for years to come. With her net worth, she can afford real estate, luxurious items, travel, and security for her future. Anna Faris’ wealth serves as evidence of her decades of popular success in Hollywood.
Frequently Asked Questions About Anna Faris’ Net Worth
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions regarding Anna Faris’ current net worth and how she built her wealth:
What was Anna Faris’ biggest movie payday?
Her top salary is believed to be the $8 million she earned for 2003’s Scary Movie 3. The role demonstrated her enormous value to the franchise.
Did Anna Faris get alimony in her divorces?
She did not pay either Ben Indra or Chris Pratt alimony after their divorces. This helped her hold onto more of her assets.
How much did Anna Faris make per episode of Mom?
Reports estimate she earned around $125,000 per episode during the height of Mom’s run. For seasons with 22 episodes, that equated to $2.75 million per season.
Does Anna Faris make money from syndication of Mom?
Yes. Reruns of Mom on networks like TBS will provide lucrative residuals for all the main cast members including Faris. This provides passive income.
What are Anna Faris’ most valuable assets?
Her $5+ million Hollywood Hills mansion is likely one of her most prized possessions. She also has a portfolio of other luxury real estate and investments.
Is Anna Faris the richest actress in Hollywood?
No, she is not the richest. While very well off, her net worth of around $30 – $40 million places her well behind other elite actresses like Reese Witherspoon and Julia Roberts who are worth $250 – $300 million.
How much could Anna Faris make from future film and TV roles?
If she continues acting consistently, she can likely command at least $3 – 5 million per major movie role. More TV work could also earn millions per season. This will keep growing her net worth.