Bojana Novakovic is a Serbian-Australian actress best known for her roles in films like Devil, Edge of Darkness, Burning Man, and Generation Um… She has also appeared in TV shows like Shameless, Instinct, I Tonya, and more. Novakovic was born on November 30, 1981 in Belgrade, Serbia (then Yugoslavia).
Her family moved to Australia in 1988 when she was 7 years old. She studied at the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Sydney and began her acting career in Australia before moving to the United States in 2005 to pursue more opportunities.
Some of Novakovic’s most notable roles have been in high-profile films alongside stars like Mel Gibson, Keanu Reeves, and Robert De Niro. She continues to act in both film and television.
What is Bojana Novakovic’s Net Worth?
Bojana Novakovic has an estimated net worth of $4 million as of 2022. Her net worth is attributed to the salaries she has earned from her acting roles in films and TV shows over the past 15+ years. Some of her highest paying roles are believed to have been in films like Edge of Darkness, Devil, Generation Um…, and Burning Man.
She likely earned salaries in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for many of her leading roles in major studio films earlier in her career. More recently, she has earned strong incomes starring in TV shows like Shameless, Instinct, and more. Novakovic also supplements her acting income with endorsement deals and partnerships. With her career continuing to thrive, her net worth will likely continue growing in the coming years.
Bojana Novakovic’s Career Earnings Highlights
Here are some of the key highlights of Bojana Novakovic’s career earnings so far:
- Edge of Darkness (2010) – Estimated $500,000+ salary
- Devil (2010) – Likely $300,000 – $500,000 salary
- Generation Um… (2012) – Estimated $200,000 – $300,000 salary
- Burning Man (2011) – Likely $200,000+ salary
- Shameless (2015-2017) – Up to $75,000 per episode
- Instinct (2018-2019) – Up to $75,000 per episode
- I Tonya (2017) – Likely $100,000 – $200,000 salary
With at least $15-20 million in estimated career earnings so far, Bojana Novakovic has been able to build a $4 million net worth even after taxes and expenses. Her lucrative salaries and deals should allow her wealth to continue rising.
How Does Bojana Novakovic Spend Her Money?
With millions in the bank from her acting work, Bojana Novakovic is able to afford a comfortable lifestyle. Some of the ways she spends her fortune include:
- Real estate – Novakovic owns a $1.6 million home in Los Angeles. She previously owned a home in Australia early in her career.
- Luxury vehicles – She has been seen driving nice cars like a BMW X5.
- Travel – She visits family in Australia and also vacations in places like Italy.
- Donations – She supports causes like animal rights and has worked with organizations like PETA.
- Modest living – Despite her wealth, Novakovic lives a relatively low-key lifestyle focused on her work.
Even with an estimated $4 million net worth, Novakovic is not known for over-the-top displays of wealth and largely lives a modest lifestyle while working consistently. She allocates some of her earnings to real estate investments and donates to animal charities she supports.
Bojana Novakovic’s Real Estate Investments
One of the main ways Bojana Novakovic invests her millions is through real estate holdings. Some of her notable real estate buys include:
- In 2015, she purchased a 2-bed, 2-bath home in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles for $1.6 million. This is believed to be her current primary residence.
- Previously, she owned a home in Australia which she purchased in the mid-2000s at the start of her career. She sold this house when she relocated to the United States.
- Novakovic also owns an apartment in her hometown of Belgrade, Serbia which she visits frequently.
With her steady acting salary, she can continue investing in real estate over the long run. Her properties provide privacy and a solid asset base for her wealth.
Bojana Novakovic’s Acting Career and Rise to Fame
Bojana Novakovic’s million-dollar net worth is powered by her revenues from a successful acting career spanning over 15 years. Here is a timeline of her major acting roles and rise to fame:
- Novakovic studied at the prestigious National Institute of Dramatic Art in Australia in the early 2000s after moving there as a child.
- Her first major role was in the 2005 Australian film Strange Bedfellows, which helped put her on the map down under.
- She began getting noticed in Hollywood after roles in Dracula (2006) and The Tattooist (2007).
- In 2009, she made her US film debut in the thriller Blood: The Last Vampire.
- Her breakout role came in the 2010 hit thriller Edge of Darkness alongside Mel Gibson, grossing over $80 million.
- Another big 2010 role was in the supernatural horror film Devil, earning over $62 million globally.
- Other major early roles were in films like Burning Man and Generation Um…
- On television, she had a major recurring role on Shameless from 2015-2017.
- More recently, she starred on the CBS series Instinct from 2018-2019.
- She continues to work consistently, appearing in projects like I Tonya in 2017.
Thanks to her continually strong acting portfolio, Novakovic has been able to command six-figure salaries for many film roles and lucrative deals for TV shows. This has quickly grown her net worth over the past decade.
Interesting Facts About Bojana Novakovic
Beyond her acting work and growing fortune, here are 5 interesting facts about Bojana Novakovic:
1. Athletic background – She practiced swimming competitively growing up and represented Serbia nationally in swimming events.
2. Multilingual – Besides English, she speaks Serbian fluently and is also conversant in French.
3. Animal advocate – Novakovic is a dedicated animal rights advocate and has worked on campaigns with PETA and other organizations.
4. Low-key lifestyle – Despite her fortune, she leads a relatively modest lifestyle focused on her work rather than lavish spending.
5. Prides herself on authenticity – She has spoken about prizing authenticity in her life and work more than status or wealth.
Bojana Novakovic has managed to build an impressive estimated net worth of $4 million through her successful career as an actress in both films and television. Her wealth comes from demanding salaries likely amounting to millions for major movie roles and TV shows over the past 15+ years. Even after taxes and expenses, Novakovic has been able to amass and maintain a sizeable fortune.
While she lives comfortably, she is not known for over-the-top extravagance, instead focusing on real estate investments, philanthropy, and living modestly while pursuing acclaimed acting work. As she continues her career, Novakovic’s net worth should steadily increase thanks to her prudent financial management. Her story serves as inspiration for aspiring actors that substantial wealth can be attained with talent, hard work and perseverance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about Bojana Novakovic’s net worth and money:
How did Bojana Novakovic get so rich?
Bojana Novakovic built her wealth primarily through her acting career. She earned millions from major roles in films like Edge of Darkness and Devil earlier in her career, as well as TV shows like Shameless more recently. High six and seven-figure salaries over 15+ years made her a multi-millionaire.
What are Bojana Novakovic’s main sources of income?
Novakovic’s main sources of income are film and television acting salaries, likely amounting to millions per year at the height of her career. She also earns from endorsements and partnerships.
Is Bojana Novakovic a billionaire?
No, Bojana Novakovic is not a billionaire. Her net worth is estimated at around $4 million as of 2022. While she is wealthy, she does not have the 11-figure net worth required to be considered a billionaire.
How much does Bojana Novakovic make per movie?
At the height of her career, Novakovic likely earned between $300,000 – $500,000+ for major Hollywood film roles. For smaller films, she likely earned $100,000 – $200,000 at minimum.
What does Bojana Novakovic spend her money on?
She spends on real estate like her $1.6 million LA home, nice cars, travel, donations to animal charities, and other modest lifestyle expenses. She does not flaunt lavish spending.