Phoebe Waller-Bridge is an English actress, writer, and producer best known as the creator and star of the acclaimed comedy series Fleabag. She has received widespread critical acclaim and numerous awards for her work, including 3 Emmy Awards for Fleabag in 2019.
Born in 1985 in London, Waller-Bridge started her career as an actress on stage and TV before making her breakthrough with Fleabag, which she adapted from her award-winning one-woman show of the same name. She was also the showrunner and executive producer for the first season of Killing Eve.
In addition to her own projects, Waller-Bridge was brought on to polish some of the dialogue for the 25th James Bond film, No Time To Die. She is considered one of the most influential creative voices working today.
Early Life and Education
- Born September 14, 1985 in London, England (age 37)
- Father is Michael Waller-Bridge, founder of Tradepoint
- Mother is Theresa Mary Waller-Bridge
- Has an older sister, Isobel Waller-Bridge, who is a composer
- Attended St Augustine’s Priory, a Catholic girls school in Ealing, London
- Studied acting at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
Career and Rise to Fame
- Made early TV appearances on shows like How Not to Live Your Life (2007)
- Broke out with her one-woman show Fleabag in 2013, which she later adapted into the TV series
- Fleabag premiered in 2016 to critical acclaim and popularity
- Also created and starred in the sitcom Crashing (2016)
- Hired as showrunner for Killing Eve starring Sandra Oh (2018)
- Was brought on to polish dialogue for Bond film No Time To Die (2019)
- Won 3 Emmys for Fleabag in 2019 (Outstanding Lead Actress, Comedy Series; Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series; Outstanding Comedy Series as Executive Producer)
What is Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s Net Worth?
Phoebe Waller-Bridge has an estimated net worth of $12 million as of 2022, according to multiple reports. The majority of her wealth comes from her work as a writer, actress, and producer on shows like Fleabag and Killing Eve.
Her net worth is expected to rise significantly in the coming years thanks to her high-profile projects and demand for her writing/showrunning skills. The details of Waller-Bridge’s current and past contracts and earnings are not publicly available, but here is a look at some of her major sources of income that contribute to her multimillion-dollar net worth:
- Fleabag – Created, wrote, produced and starred in hit series; likely earned at least $1-2 million per season
- Killing Eve – High salary as showrunner for first season; royalties as executive producer
- No Time To Die – Likely earned seven-figures for script polishing
- Brand partnerships and endorsements – Has done brand campaigns with companies like Samsonite
- Future acting and writing roles – High demand and quotes for any projects she takes on
Waller-Bridge has the potential to earn $10-20 million or more annually in the near future as her star power continues to rise. While not at the level of extreme high net worth as some top producers and show creators, she is in an elite tier of creators, writers and actresses with multimillion-dollar fortunes thanks to her work.
How Does Phoebe Waller-Bridge Make Her Money?
As a sought-after writer, actress and producer, Phoebe Waller-Bridge earns income through multiple channels:
- TV writing and producing fees – Writing and showrunning pay for shows like Fleabag and Killing Eve
- Royalties and residuals – Ongoing income from the continued viewing of shows she worked on
- Acting fees – Pay for acting roles in her own shows and other projects
- Movie/theatrical writing – Big paydays for writing for films like No Time To Die or plays
- Brand partnerships – Endorsement and campaign fees for collaborating with brands like Samsonite
- Public appearances – Speaking fees and appearances at award shows and events
Her work on Fleabag is likely her biggest source of wealth so far. As creator, writer, producer and star, she has earned sizeable income from the critical breakout hit. Renewed interest after the Emmy wins likely results in significant ongoing royalties too.
Waller-Bridge has been strategic in taking high-paying writing and acting work that leverages her talents. While she chooses selective projects, her quotes and backend royalties demand top dollar given her star power.
Assets Contributing to Net Worth
While Phoebe Waller-Bridge leads a relatively private life, there are some high-value assets that contribute to her $12 million net worth:
- Primary residence – Owns a home in London worth around $4-5 million
- Likely owns property in Los Angeles where she spends time for work
- Fleabag – Backend profits from hit series with Amazon Prime
- Killing Eve – Executive producer royalties from popular BBC America show
- No Time To Die – Residuals from James Bond film writing
- Conservative investments – With large TV earnings, has money invested through her company PMWB Ltd
- Designer clothing and accessories – Fans track luxury items she wears from brands like Chanel and Saint Laurent
Production Company Ownership
- Co-founded DryWhite Productions – Owns stake in production company with Fleabag partnerships
While not flashy, Waller-Bridge has likely invested wisely and built assets like real estate and royalties that will grow her net worth over time. She keeps her spending and lifestyle out of the spotlight.
How Much Did Phoebe Waller-Bridge Make for No Time To Die?
Phoebe Waller-Bridge reportedly earned over $2 million for her script polishing work on the James Bond film No Time To Die.
The producers brought her on to improve the film’s dialogue and add humor and punch to the script. While the exact figure is not confirmed, industry experts estimate her fee was between $2-3 million based on script doctor fees for similar projects.
For just a few weeks of work rewriting lines and scenes, the No Time To Die job proved to be extremely lucrative for Waller-Bridge. The Bond franchise is one of the most valuable in film history, so the budget could easily accommodate such lofty fees.
This massive pay demonstrates Waller-Bridge’s elite status as a writer and script doctor. Her involvement brought positive attention to the film, so the high price of hiring her made sense from the producers’ perspective.
The No Time To Die payday added a few million to Waller-Bridge’s rising net worth. While not her biggest source of wealth, it speaks to the respect and demand for her writing talents in the industry right now.
Breakdown of Estimated No Time To Die Fees:
- $2-3 million total estimated payment
- Likely took home around $1 million after taxes, representatives fees
- Worked for approximately 2-3 weeks polishing dialogue
- Comes out to over $333k+ per week of work
- One of the highest script fees ever for uncredited writing/polishing
How Much Does Phoebe Waller-Bridge Make Per Episode of Fleabag?
While Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s exact earnings per episode for Fleabag are not publicly disclosed, industry estimates put her pay in the range of $150,000 to $300,000 per episode as the creator, writer, producer and star.
Through both seasons and 12 total episodes, Waller-Bridge likely earned between $2-4 million for her multiple roles. On top of her upfront fees, she also collects lucrative backend royalties from the show’s success on Amazon Prime Video.
As both the driving creative force and star, Waller-Bridge had huge leverage to command one of the highest per-episode rates ever for a relative newcomer. But her huge talent and the initial buzz for Fleabag justified the spending.
Fleabag’s acclaim and popularity has brought Waller-Bridge even more earning power. The show’s dominance at the 2019 Emmys, including Best Comedy, cemented its status as a modern classic. As a result, Waller-Bridge can command even higher fees for any future television projects.
Estimated Per Episode Fees:
- $150k-300k per episode
- $1.8 million to $3.6 million for 12 episodes
- Estimated $750k+ for each of the two seasons
- Royalties and residuals from streaming views add to total earnings
While the per episode fees are lofty for a new show, they were a wise investment for Amazon and the BBC given Fleabag’s critical and commercial success. At the height of her fame now, Waller-Bridge likely earns well over $300k per episode working on any show.
Phoebe Waller-Bridge Emmy Earnings
Phoebe Waller-Bridge took home an impressive 3 Emmy awards in 2019 for Fleabag:
- Outstanding Comedy Series – Executive Producer
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
- Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series
While the Emmys do not come with direct cash prizes, they provided a huge career boost for Waller-Bridge and likely resulted in over $10 million+ in earnings due to Fleabag’s success.
Her Emmy haul led to lucrative residuals and royalties from Fleabag as the show gained new viewers. Brand sponsorships and other opportunities also emerged after her Emmys dominance.
The Emmys strongly solidified Waller-Bridge’s elite status in Hollywood as a creative force. She earned access to more high-paying jobs and leverage to negotiate for more per-project in the ensuing years.
While hard to quantify exactly, the 3 Emmys clearly opened up doors to huge career earnings for Waller-Bridge as she capitalized on her breakthrough. The awards were a financially wise investment in her talent that paid off with her subsequent success.
Emmy Financial Benefits:
- Increased leverage in negotiations
- Access to more lucrative work
- Fleabag residuals/royalties boost
- Brand sponsorships and partnerships
- Estimated $10 million+ in subsequent earnings
In show business, awards success leads to money. And Phoebe Waller-Bridge was able to quickly capitalize on her Emmy breakthrough to rapidly boost her wealth and earning power.
How Much Does Phoebe Waller-Bridge Make Compared to Other TV Actresses?
As a multi-talented creator and star, Phoebe Waller-Bridge earns more than most actresses solely focused on acting. But she still makes comparable fees to other top actresses in television:
- Elisabeth Moss – Up to $200k per episode of The Handmaid’s Tale
- Nicole Kidman – $100k per episode of Big Little Lies
- Reese Witherspoon – $1.1 million per episode of The Morning Show
- Viola Davis – $250k – $350k for How To Get Away With Murder
- Robin Wright – Around $420k per episode final season of House of Cards
Many top actresses now earn between $100k-$300k+ per episode as lead stars of hit shows. Some also get additional backend as producers.
By creating, writing, and starring in Fleabag, Waller-Bridge maximized her earnings potential. She likely landed between $150k-$300k per episode – on par with other elite stars.
Her TV income will continue rising as she commands bigger fees for any projects she leads. Given her acclaim and demand, Waller-Bridge could likely match salaries of Witherspoon, Kidman and Wright going forward.
Waller-Bridge’s Earning Power Factors:
- Writes, produces and stars – Triples her income sources
- Prestige booking fees as writer – Up to $2-3 million for films
- In-demand showrunner – $750k+ per season easily
- Leverage as star and creator – Negotiates lucrative deals
While already wealthy, Waller-Bridge is still early in her prime earning years. If she continues helming acclaimed hits, her future net worth could reach $50 million+ down the road.
Phoebe Waller-Bridge Book Sales and Royalties
While best known for TV, Phoebe Waller-Bridge has also earned notable income from book sales:
- Published Fleabag stage play script in 2014
- Book was adapted into popular TV show two years later
- UK book sales estimated around 200k copies
- US sales at least 50k copies
- Book royalties around $3-5 per copy sold
- Estimated £500k+ ($660k+) in book royalties
The published script gave Waller-Bridge an early revenue source and helped drive interest in her as a distinctive voice. While not a huge amount compared to her TV earnings, the royalties provided important early income.
The book also helped attract producers like the BBC to adapting it for TV, launching Waller-Bridge’s hugely lucrative television career. That makes the medium-sized book royalties a wise long-term investment for her.
Later in her career, Waller-Bridge could earn much more from publishing memoir books about her life and career. For now, the play script royalties represent some of her earliest revenue as a rising star.
How Much Has Phoebe Waller-Bridge Made From Brand Deals?
In addition to TV projects and book sales, Phoebe Waller-Bridge has earned income from brand partnership deals:
- Teamed up with Samsonite luggage in 2018 – likely high 6-figures
- Also signed deals with brands like Absolut Vodka and Armani Beauty
- Estimated $1-3 million in total endorsements so far
- Increased brand earning potential after Fleabag Emmy wins
Waller-Bridge’s high-fashion sense of style makes her an appealing candidate for fashion and luxury brands. She is selective about partnerships, likely only choosing brands that align with her creative image.
As her fame grows, Waller-Bridge could easily earn 7-figures for single brand campaigns. With her elite status, she can afford to be choosy about picking the right luxury brand collaborations.
In summary, Phoebe Waller-Bridge has rapidly emerged as one of the top creative voices and talents in the entertainment industry today. Her estimated net worth of around $12 million is expected to continue rising exponentially thanks to her lucrative work as an in-demand writer, producer and actress.
With acclaimed series like Fleabag and Killing Eve under her belt already, the future looks exceedingly bright for Waller-Bridge both critically and commercially. Given her elite status and popularity, she can command top dollar for any project she chooses to take on. While already wealthy from her early successes, Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s net worth has the potential to grow to $50 million+ in the coming decade if she continues her hot streak of smart, acclaimed projects. Her sensibility and voice are clearly resonating in the peak TV era.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s net worth and career earnings:
What is Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s background?
Phoebe Waller-Bridge was born in London in 1985. She attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and began acting on stage and TV. Her big break came with her one-woman show Fleabag which she later adapted into the hit series of the same name.
How much is Phoebe Waller-Bridge worth?
Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s net worth is estimated to be around $12 million as of 2022. The bulk of her wealth comes from writing, producing and starring in her series Fleabag.
Where does Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s income come from?
As an actress, writer and producer, she earns income from multiple sources – TV salaries, royalties, film writing fees, endorsements, book sales and more. Fleabag has been her biggest source of wealth so far.
How much did Phoebe Waller-Bridge make from No Time To Die?
Waller-Bridge reportedly earned between $2-3 million for her uncredited script polishing work on the James Bond film No Time To Die.
How much does she make per episode of Fleabag?
Industry estimates put her pay between $150k-$300k per episode for writing, producing and starring in Fleabag. Across two seasons she earned upwards of $4 million.
How did the Emmys impact her career earning power?
Winning 3 Emmys provided a huge career boost and likely resulted in over $10 million in subsequent earnings thanks to the attention and acclaim.
How does her income compare to other top TV actresses?
She likely earns between $150k-$300k per episode, on par with other elite TV stars like Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon. Her creating and writing roles maximize her earnings potential.