Cristin Milioti is an American actress and singer best known for her roles in Broadway musicals, films, and television shows. Some of her most notable credits include:
- The Mother on the hit CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother
- Nina in the Broadway musical version of Once
- Betsy in the Coen brothers film A Serious Man
- Zelda in the FX anthology series Fargo
- Nanette in the Amazon Prime Video series Modern Love
Milioti first got her big break originating the role of Girl in the Broadway musical Once in 2012, for which she won a Grammy Award and was nominated for a Tony Award. Since then, she has built up an impressive resume of stage, film and television roles that highlight her artistic range as a performer.
What is Cristin Milioti’s Net Worth?
According to multiple reports, Cristin Milioti’s current net worth is estimated to be around $5 million. This number takes into account her assets, money and income.
As an in-demand actress, Milioti earns sizable salaries for her various acting jobs. Some of her top paydays have come from:
- How I Met Your Mother: Up to $80,000 per episode
- Fargo: $100,000 per episode
- Modern Love: $75,000 per episode
She also earns additional income from film roles, theatre productions, brand partnerships, investments and real estate holdings.
Milioti owns a home in Los Angeles worth over $2 million. She has done endorsement deals with brands like Old Navy and Smashbox Cosmetics. Her various Broadway runs have delivered healthy box office percentages as well.
As Milioti continues her successful acting career, her net worth has the potential to rise higher. More high-profile roles could earn her up to $250,000 or more per episode of television. Film roles also offer lucrative upfront pay and backend compensation.
How Did Cristin Milioti Build Her Wealth?
Cristin Milioti built her $5 million net worth through her work as an actress across theater, film and television. Some of the key sources of her wealth include:
- Broadway productions: Milioti got her start on Broadway, earning acclaim in shows like That Face and Stunning. Her role as Girl in Once was her biggest Broadway breakthrough, earning a Tony nomination.
- How I Met Your Mother: Playing the titular Mother on this long-running sitcom from 2005 to 2014 provided Milioti with her biggest television paychecks. She appeared in over 20 episodes.
- Fargo: The dark anthology series Fargo earned Milioti $100,000 per episode in its third season, boosting her fortune.
- Film income: Milioti has earned income from roles in acclaimed films like The Wolf of Wall Street, A Serious Man and Palm Springs.
- Other TV work: She has had recurring roles on series like Nurse Jackie, 30 Rock and Modern Love.
- Endorsements & partnerships: Milioti has earned additional money from brand endorsement deals with companies like Old Navy and Citibank.
- Real estate investments: She owns a home in Los Angeles worth over $2 million. Savvy real estate investments have grown her net worth.
Milioti’s acting talent, broad career and selective partnership deals have allowed her to amass a personal fortune of $5 million and counting.
What are Cristin Milioti’s Most Notable Acting Roles?
Here are some of Cristin Milioti’s most popular and acclaimed acting roles from television, film and theatre:
- The Mother on How I Met Your Mother: Milioti played the titular role on the last season of this hit show, earning Emmy and Critics Choice nominations.
- Nina in Once: Milioti’s performance as Nina in this Broadway musical adaptation earned her a Grammy, Tony nomination and wider fame.
- Zelda in Fargo: She played a crazed stamp collector in the third season of the anthology series Fargo in 2017.
- Betsy in A Serious Man: One of Milioti’s early film roles was in the Coen brothers’ 2009 film A Serious Man.
- Nanette in Modern Love: Milioti played the lead role in one episode of the romantic Amazon Prime series Modern Love.
- Abby McCarthy in Palm Springs: She recently co-starred in the Andy Samberg time loop movie Palm Springs.
- Girl in That Face: Early in her career, Milioti earned acclaim for her performance in the 2006 Off-Broadway play That Face.
With her extensive credits across media, Milioti has proven her versatility and talent as a performer. She continues to take on exciting new roles across television, film and theatre.
What Awards Has Cristin Milioti Won?
Some of the most prestigious awards and nominations Cristin Milioti has received include:
- Grammy Award: Milioti won the Grammy for Best Musical Theater Album for Once in 2013.
- Tony Award nomination: For her acclaimed performance in Once, she earned a nomination for Best Actress in a Musical at the 2012 Tonys.
- Critics’ Choice TV nomination: Her role as The Mother on How I Met Your Mother garnered a 2014 Critics’ Choice nomination.
- Drama League Award nomination: Milioti received a Distinguished Performance nomination for Once in 2012.
- Lucille Lortel Award nomination: She was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress for her work in That Face in 2007.
- Broadway.com Audience Choice Award: Milioti won this award for Favorite Female Breakthrough Performance for Once.
- Grammy Award nomination: She shared a nomination for the Once soundtrack album in 2013.
- Independent Spirit Award nomination: Palm Springs earned Milioti a nomination for Best Supporting Female in 2020.
Milioti’s mix of theater, television and film roles has made her a versatile and beloved performer, earning her awards industry-wide. More honors are likely to come as her career continues thriving.
What is Cristin Milioti Best Known For?
Cristin Milioti is likely best known for the following acting roles:
- The Mother on How I Met Your Mother – Playing the titular mother on the final season of this hit CBS show was Milioti’s biggest television role, earning her widespread popularity.
- Nina in Once – Milioti’s acclaimed performance as Nina in this original Broadway production of Once was her breakout role and earned high praise.
- Zelda on Fargo – Milioti’s unhinged character on the third season of Fargo stands out as one of her most memorable and dynamic roles.
- Her Broadway career – Milioti is renowned for her Broadway work in shows like That Face, Stunning and Once, showcasing her vocal and acting chops.
- Comedic abilities – Appearing on shows like 30 Rock, Nurse Jackie and films like Palm Springs display Milioti’s skills with comedy and witty characters.
- Emotional depth – Roles like The Mother and Modern Love demonstrate Milioti’s ability to portray nuanced, moving emotional qualities on screen.
With her mix of comedic, dramatic and musical talents, Milioti delivers impressive range and depth as a performer across the mediums of television, film and theatre. Her breakout as The Mother and Nina introduced her to wider mainstream audiences.
What Led to Cristin Milioti’s Breakthrough Success?
There were a few key factors that led to Cristin Milioti’s breakthrough success as an actress:
- Her performance as Girl in the original 2006 off-Broadway production of That Face earned her acclaim and attention from Broadway and casting directors.
- She built up her resume with roles in shows like The Sopranos, Nurse Jackie, The Good Wife and 30 Rock, displaying her range.
- Milioti’s standout performance as Nina in the original 2012 Broadway production of Once earned her a Tony Award nomination, Grammy Award and wider fame.
- How I Met Your Mother creator Craig Thomas saw Milioti in Once and immediately knew she would be perfect as The Mother, leading to her casting.
- Playing The Mother on the final season of the hugely popular sitcom How I Met Your Mother made Milioti a household name.
- Her acclaimed performance as unstable Zelda on the third season of Fargo showcased her talent and landed her $100k per episode.
- Milioti continues to choose unique, complex roles – like in Palm Springs – that highlight her abilities and draw critical praise.
Through consistent success across mediums and standout roles in projects like Once and How I Met Your Mother, Milioti demonstrated her artistic range and talents to a wide audience. Her continued carefully curated roles keep her acclaimed and in-demand.
How Does Cristin Milioti Make Money Now?
Currently, Cristin Milioti makes most of her income from these sources:
- Television acting roles – Milioti earns around $75-100k per episode when starring in shows like Fargo, Modern Love and Made for Love.
- Film projects – She earns sizable salaries for movie roles, between low six figures up to a few million for major parts.
- Theatre – Leading Broadway productions deliver healthy box office percentages and awards potential.
- Endorsements & partnerships – Milioti promotes brands like Old Navy and Citibank through paid sponsorship deals.
- Investments – She invests in stocks, bonds and real estate to grow her fortune outside of acting work.
- Producing – Milioti is starting to produce projects she stars in, like the recent indie dramedy Daughter of the Bride.
With her strong resume and elite acting skills, Milioti can command six-figure salaries for many of her television, film and theater projects. As she expands into producing, her earnings have the potential to increase even further. She remains a highly sought-after actress.
What Is Cristin Milioti’s Best Performance?
Though Cristin Milioti has delivered many fantastic performances, most critics and fans would likely agree her role as Girl/Nina in the original Broadway production of Once stands out as her best and most iconic performance so far.
Here’s why Milioti’s portrayal of Girl in Once is considered her top acting achievement:
- It earned her a Tony Award nomination and win for Best Musical Theater Album at the Grammys.
- Milioti had to carry much of the show with her impressive acting and musical abilities.
- She displayed versatility by playing piano and guitar live during the show while performing.
- Her chemistry with co-star Steve Kazee and vocal dynamics were hugely acclaimed.
- It was a true breakout, star-making turn that led to her casting on How I Met Your Mother.
- Milioti gave the role emotional depth and relatability that earned her rave reviews.
- Her work in Once showcased the full range of her artistic talents.
Though her resume is full of incredible performances on stage and screen, Milioti’s skill and award-winning work in Once represents the pinnacle of her abilities so far and helped rocket her to wider fame and success.
Is Cristin Milioti Married?
Yes, Cristin Milioti is currently married to actor and comedian Jesse Williams. The two met while working together on the 2020 film Don’t Hang Up, and they reportedly began dating in 2021. Milioti and Williams kept their relationship very private in the beginning.
They made things official when they tied the knot in an intimate ceremony in the summer of 2022. Photographs from their wedding showed the happy couple beaming with joy.
Williams was previously married to real estate broker Aryn Drake-Lee, with whom he shares two children. Milioti has never been married before, though she dated actor Benjamin Koldyke of Mr. Robot fame from 2011 to 2015.
By all accounts, Milioti and Williams have a loving and supportive partnership built on mutual respect and understanding. They often collaborate professionally as well, which allows them to spend more time together.
With her marriage to Williams, Milioti is enjoying both a blissful personal relationship and thriving professional career.
Does Cristin Milioti Have Children?
As of early 2023, Cristin Milioti does not have any children yet. The 38-year-old actress married her husband Jesse Williams in 2022, so there is a possibility the couple may decide to start a family together in the future.
However, Milioti has not spoken publicly about whether or not she plans to have children. Her busy acting career means she spends significant time filming projects for months at a time, so she may be selective about when she chooses to get pregnant.
Milioti and Williams have both said they prioritize open communication, respect and equality within their marriage. This would likely extend to making major life decisions together, including if and when to have kids.
While Milioti does not currently have any children, that could certainly change down the road if her goals and priorities shift. As a very private person, she may also opt to keep that part of her personal life away from the public eye.
For now, Milioti remains focused on her thriving acting career and new marriage to Williams as a family of two. Whether or not children are in her future is yet to be determined.
What Charities or Causes Does Cristin Milioti Support?
Though she keeps much of her private life out of the spotlight, Cristin Milioti actively supports the following charitable organizations and social causes:
- The Dramatists Guild Foundation: Milioti has been involved with several events and fundraisers for this nonprofit that provides grants to playwrights, composers and lyricists.
- Time’s Up: She publicly backing this initiative to combat sexual harassment and gender inequality in the entertainment industry.
- Everytown for Gun Safety: Milioti has advocated for increased gun safety laws and gun control measures.
- Planned Parenthood: She has spoken in favor of women’s reproductive rights and access to healthcare.
- UNHCR: On social media, Milioti has encouraged donations to the UN refugee agency amid international crises.
- Rescue dogs & pet adoption: A dog lover herself, she regularly urges her followers to adopt from shelters.
- Environmental sustainability: Milioti partners with eco-conscious brands and takes steps to reduce her carbon footprint.
Though she isn’t outspoken about all her advocacy, Milioti selectively uses her platform to support impactful organizations and raise awareness on important social issues she cares about. Her charitable giving appears motivated by deeply held personal convictions.
What Are Some Interesting Facts About Cristin Milioti?
Beyond her impressive acting career, here are some intriguing facts about Cristin Milioti’s early life and off-screen personality:
- She was born in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and grew up nearby in suburban South Jersey.
- Milioti developed a love of performing as a child, appearing in community theater productions from age 10.
- She attended Cherry Hill High School East, graduating in 2002. One of her classmates was actor Ezra Miller.
- Milioti was rejected from the theater program at NYU, so she enrolled at Fordham University instead.
- She worked odd jobs like babysitting and retail before getting her big break on Broadway.
- Milioti still has traces of a Jersey accent that comes out when she gets excited.
- She keeps her personal life very private, offering limited glimpses through interviews and social media.
- Cooking and sampling different cuisines around the world is one of Milioti’s favorite hobbies.
- She has said she loves comic books and playing video games in her spare time.
- Milioti has a small tattoo on one wrist but has declined to share its specific meaning.
With an unpretentious attitude and quirky hobbies, Milioti has maintained her accessibility and charm throughout her rise to stardom.
What is Next for Cristin Milioti’s Career?
As a sought-after actress, Cristin Milioti has an exciting slate of upcoming projects in the works:
- She will star opposite Andy Samberg again for the sci-fi comedy series The Resort on Peacock in 2023.
- Milioti is due to appear in the film adaptation of the Tony-winning musical The Cher Show.
- She has been cast in the miniseries Painkiller about the opioid crisis, co-starring Matthew Broderick.
- Milioti will reportedly make a guest appearance on the ABC sitcom Home Economics starring Topher Grace.
- She is attached to the independent drama Standing Still from director Christine O’Malley.
- There are hopes Milioti may return to Broadway soon, potentially reviving a hit musical.
- She aims to continue balancing prestige television series with passionate indie film projects.
With awards buzz already building for her 2023 films, Milioti remains as in-demand as ever. Fans can look forward to seeing her expand her repertoire across new genres and mediums in the years ahead.
In summary, Cristin Milioti has built up an estimated net worth of $5 million through acclaimed acting work spanning Broadway, film and television. Her immense talents were evident from early in her career, leading to breakout success with productions like Once and How I Met Your Mother.
Milioti continues to choose interesting roles across mediums that keep her career thriving and demonstrate her artistic range. While she keeps her personal life private, she uses her platform selectively to support important social causes.