Deborah Ann Woll is an American actress known for her roles in television shows like True Blood, Daredevil and The Punisher. She started her acting career in 2008 and has since appeared in numerous popular shows and films. Some key facts about Deborah Ann Woll:
- Born in 1985 in Brooklyn, New York. She is currently 37 years old.
- Began acting career in 2008 after graduating from USC School of Dramatic Arts.
- Landed breakout role as Jessica Hamby in HBO series True Blood from 2008-2014.
- Went on to star as Karen Page in Netflix Marvel series Daredevil and The Punisher.
- Has also appeared in films like Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You, Catch .44, Ruby Sparks, Seven Psychopaths and Eternal.
- Nominated for several awards for her acting work including a Saturn Award.
- Married to actor EJ Scott in 2018.
What is Deborah Ann Woll’s Net Worth?
According to multiple net worth calculators and wealth tracking sites, Deborah Ann Woll’s current net worth is estimated to be around 5 million dollars as of 2024.
Here are some of the key factors contributing to her net worth:
- Her acting work on popular TV shows is her primary source of income. She earned an estimated 50,000 dollars per episode on True Blood.
- Has starred as a series regular on Daredevil, The Punisher and True Blood which are high paying shows.
- Likely earned a few million dollars from major acting roles in films like Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You and Catch .44.
- Additional income from brand endorsements and sponsorships.
- As her career progresses, her rates and earnings for roles will continue to increase.
Overall, Deborah Ann Woll has established herself as a successful television actress with an estimated net worth of around 5 million dollars. Her net worth will likely keep rising steadily in the coming years as she secures more high profile roles.
How Did Deborah Ann Woll Build Her Wealth?
Deborah Ann Woll was able to accumulate a net worth of $5 million through her acting career, primarily from roles on hit television shows. Here are some of the ways she built her wealth over the years:
- True Blood (2008-2014) – Woll’s breakout role as Jessica Hamby on HBO’s vampire drama True Blood is said to have earned her approximately $50,000 per episode by the end of the series. Across 7 seasons, this likely amounted to millions.
- Daredevil (2015-2018) – Her role as Karen Page on Netflix’s Marvel series reportedly earned her up to $80,000 per episode. She appeared in 39 episodes across 3 seasons.
- The Punisher (2017-2019) – Reprised her Karen Page role in the spinoff series The Punisher, adding to her earnings.
- Films – Earned salaries from major film roles in Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You, Catch .44, Ruby Sparks, Seven Psychopaths and more. Likely in the hundreds of thousands range.
- Endorsements & Sponsorships – Additional income from brand endorsement deals with the likes of Neutrogena.
- Investments – Wise investing of her earnings over the years could also contribute to her $5 million net worth. Even modest investment gains compound over time.
Through consistent high paying television acting roles, film work, endorsements and investing her money wisely, Woll accrued her current estimated $5 million net worth. Her wealth should continue rising.
How Much Did Deborah Ann Woll Make From True Blood?
It is estimated Deborah Ann Woll earned approximately $50,000 per episode by the end of her run as Jessica Hamby on HBO’s vampire drama True Blood. Here is a breakdown of her likely True Blood earnings:
- Appeared in 81 episodes across 7 seasons from 2008 to 2014.
- Started at an estimated $15,000 – $25,000 per episode as a little known actress.
- By the end of the series was making around $50,000 per episode based on reports.
- Across 81 episodes, that equates to $4.05 million total if we use the $50k figure.
- Likely also received bonuses, residuals for reruns and syndication.
- True Blood was a major hit show for HBO so salaries were high.
- Helped Woll gain widespread recognition and leverage for future roles.
While exact figures are not known, it is reasonable to estimate Deborah Ann Woll earned around $4 million or more from her breakout role on True Blood based on typical industry rates. This formed a big part of her current $5 million net worth.
What Properties Does Deborah Ann Woll Own?
While Deborah Ann Woll has not publicly disclosed all of her real estate holdings, some reports indicate she owns at least two properties:
- Los Feliz Home – Woll and her husband EJ Scott purchased a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom Spanish-style home in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles in 2018 for $2.05 million. This is likely her current primary residence.
- New York Condo – She reportedly owns a 1 bedroom condo in Brooklyn, New York which she purchased in 2011 for $360,000. This may now serve as an investment property.
- Other – It is possible she owns or has invested in additional properties beyond these two that are not publicly known. As her net worth grows, she may continue acquiring real estate.
Deborah Ann Woll has earned enough income during her acting career to afford purchasing some high-value real estate. While not extravagant, these homes suit her needs and provide her with security and stability. She has made smart investments in properties in Los Angeles and New York.
What Car Does Deborah Ann Woll Drive?
Based on reports, Deborah Ann Woll appears to have fairly modest taste in automobiles. Some of the cars she has been spotted driving include:
- Toyota Prius – Environmentally conscious, she opted for a sensible Prius hybrid as her daily driver around Los Angeles for several years.
- Volkswagen Beetle – She previously owned and was seen driving an older model VW Beetle – a cute and quirky choice fitting her personality.
- Audi A3 – More recently she has upgraded to an Audi A3 sedan which offers a bit more luxury than her past cars.
Despite her estimated $5 million net worth, Deborah Ann Woll does not spend lavishly on fancy luxury or sports cars. She seems to prefer economical, eco-friendly vehicles or moderately priced models from reliable brands. This appears indicative of her practical nature and avoidance of excessive splurging.
How Does Deborah Ann Woll Spend Her Money?
Though frugal in some ways, Deborah Ann Woll does use her multi-million dollar net worth to indulge in luxuries here and there along with donating to charity:
- Real estate – Her estimated $2+ million Los Feliz home and New York condo are her biggest splurges.
- Travel – She enjoys vacations and trips to places like Hawaii, often bringing her dogs along.
- Clothing & Jewelry – Designer dress purchases, vintage jewelry, and other accessories for red carpet events.
- Beauty – Spa treatments, cosmetic procedures, and dermatology appointments to maintain her appearance.
- Dog care – Provides high-end care including training and medical treatment for her three rescue dogs.
- Donations – Contributes money and participates in fundraising for animal welfare groups.
- Modest living – Daily expenses and bills are kept reasonable, not overly lavish lifestyle.
While enjoying the spoils of her successful career, Deborah Ann Woll balances indulgences with fiscal responsibility. Her largest expenditures appear to be real estate for stability and travel for pleasure and relaxation.
Facts About Deborah Ann Woll
Deborah Ann Woll has an intriguing background and personality beyond just her acting career. Here are 5 fun facts fans may not know about her:
She’s an accomplished dancer. Deborah began training in ballet, tap and jazz dancing at age 5 and continued dancing competitively into her teens. This background is part of what led her into acting.
She loves playing Dungeons & Dragons. A huge D&D fan, she actively plays fantasy roleplaying games with fellow nerdy Hollywood friends.
She speaks fluent French. Deborah double-majored in English and French at USC. She studied abroad in Paris and is nearly fluent.
She cinematized her own wedding. Always creative, she helped turn her wedding into a short film titled “Unspoken” capturing her nuptials in a unique way.
She is legally blind without corrective lenses. Like fellow actor Daniel Radcliffe, Deborah suffers from severe myopia and is considered legally blind without glasses or contacts.
Lesser Known Roles of Deborah Ann Woll
While best known for True Blood and Marvel roles, Deborah Ann Woll has taken on some lesser seen performances earlier in her career:
1. Erin Hamby in Mother’s Day (2010) – She played a supporting role in this dark comedy starring Rebecca De Mornay before her True Blood breakout.
2. Michelle in Catch .44 (2011) – She held her own alongside Bruce Willis and Forest Whitaker in this indie crime thriller.
3. Charlie in Seven Psychopaths (2012) – She had a scene-stealing turn in this meta crime comedy from the ingenious Martin McDonagh.
4. Lola in Ruby Sparks (2012) – She was the best friend of Zoe Kazan’s title character in this underrated romantic dramedy.
5. Kathy in The Automatic Hate (2015) – She gave a strong performance in this indie family drama as a caring nurse.
Deborah has proven her acting chops in a wide array of film and television projects early in her career before focusing more on True Blood and Marvel roles. Her talent was evident from the start.
What Is Deborah Ann Woll Doing Now in 2024?
Currently in 2024, Deborah Ann Woll appears focused on the next stages of her acting career following her long-running television roles. Here are the projects keeping her busy now:
- Filming an undisclosed role in the upcoming Netflix drama series Painkiller about the origins of the opioid crisis.
- Serving as a director for episode 8 in the second season of Starz wrestling drama Heels starring Stephen Amell.
- Providing voice work for animated shows like The Simpsons and regular role in Marvel’s Spidey and His Amazing Friends.
- Performing on stage again in theatrical productions after a long TV focus. Recently starred in Los Angeles plays like The Baby Monitor and Miss Littlewood.
- Spending time at home with husband EJ Scott and their beloved rescue dogs between projects.
- Considering future film and TV projects more selective now after many years as a series regular.
Deborah Ann Woll appears to be carefully choosing her next steps in Hollywood. Fans can expect to continue seeing her in compelling character roles across various genres highlighting her immense talents.
In summary, Deborah Ann Woll has accumulated an impressive estimated net worth of $5 million through her over 15 year acting career. Major high paying roles in True Blood and Marvel TV shows provided the bulk of her wealth. But even in the early stages of her career she proved herself a gifted actress in underseen films.
While certainly comfortable from her earnings, Woll maintains a relatively down-to-earth lifestyle focused on her craft, charity work and dogs. She makes smart investments in property and is selective about future projects. Deborah Ann Woll remains one of the most talented rising actresses working today. With her skills and choices, she should continue increasing her wealth for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
Has Deborah Ann Woll won any awards?
Yes, Deborah Ann Woll has been nominated for over a dozen major acting awards and won a few. Highlights include:
- 2010 Scream Award for Best Breakout Performance for True Blood
- 2 Saturn Award nominations for Daredevil
- 2018 Satellite Award nomination for The Punisher
What was Deborah Ann Woll’s first acting job?
Woll’s first credited on-screen acting role was a minor part as a student in one episode of NBC legal drama Raines in 2007, a year before landing her breakthrough role on True Blood.
Is Deborah Ann Woll on social media?
Yes, she has active accounts on Twitter and Instagram under @deborah_annwoll where she shares behind-the-scenes photos and interacts with fans.
Where was Deborah Ann Woll born?
Deborah Ann Woll was born in Brooklyn, New York on February 7, 1985. She was raised in Brooklyn before moving to California.
Is Deborah Ann Woll married?
Yes, Woll married long-time boyfriend EJ Scott in 2018 after dating since 2008. He is an entrepreneur and dancer who suffers from choroideremia, a degenerative eye disorder.