Elizabeth Debicki is an Australian actress known for her roles in films such as The Great Gatsby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Tenet. She began her acting career in 2011 and has since starred in major Hollywood blockbusters. Some key facts about Elizabeth Debicki:
- Born August 24, 1990 in Paris, France (age 33). Her parents were both dancers.
- Began studying ballet at age 5 and danced professionally in her teens. Also trained in theater.
- Made her screen debut in the 2011 Australian film A Few Best Men.
- Rose to fame in 2013 with her role as Jordan Baker in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby.
- Other notable films include The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), and Widows (2018).
- Played a lead role in Christopher Nolan’s 2020 film Tenet.
- Has received awards and nominations from the AACTA Awards, Teen Choice Awards, and others.
With her tall, elegant stature and background in dance, Debicki is often cast in glamorous, sophisticated roles in major films. She has collaborated with top directors and continues to take on interesting, complex characters.
What is Elizabeth Debicki’s Net Worth?
According to multiple sources, Elizabeth Debicki’s current net worth is estimated to be around $4 million as of 2024. Her net worth has steadily risen along with her fame and demand as an actress in Hollywood blockbusters.
Some key factors contributing to her millionaire status:
- Movie salaries: As a major film actress, Debicki commands six figure salaries for her roles in big budget movies. For example, she reportedly earned $400,000 for her breakout part in The Great Gatsby.
- Brand endorsements: Debicki has represented brands like Dior, Chanel, Louis Vuitton and others in fashion campaigns and ads. These deals provide additional income streams.
- Real estate investments: The actress owns a home in London valued around $2 million. Real estate is a common way for celebrities to build their wealth.
- Upfront pay vs residuals: Debicki likely earned sizable upfront payments for films like Tenet and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Actors also earn residuals based on box office/streaming performance.
As she continues booking major movie roles, Debicki’s paychecks will continue growing, boosting her net worth year after year. Brand partnership deals and smart investments will also help expand her wealth.
What are Elizabeth Debicki’s Major Sources of Income?
According to reports, these are the major sources fueling Elizabeth Debicki’s $4 million net worth:
- Movie salaries – As mentioned, Debicki earns multi-million dollar paydays for big budget films. For example, she earned $1-2 million for Widows and around $400k for The Great Gatsby. Top stars can earn $10+ million per movie.
- Endorsements – Debicki has landed endorsement deals with brands like Dior, Chanel, Bergdorf Goodman, and Louis Vuitton. These deals can pay stars six figures or more.
- Real estate – The actress owns a home in London worth around $2 million. Property investments are a common wealth builder for celebrities.
- Upfront vs residuals – Debicki likely scored large upfront payouts for major films. Actors also earn residuals based on box office hauls.
- Investments – Wise investments in stocks, bonds, businesses etc can build long term wealth. Celebrities often invest their high earnings.
- Red carpet appearances – Stars can earn 5-figure checks for appearing at events, movie premieres, awards shows etc.
- Social media – With 500k+ Instagram followers, Debicki can earn money promoting brands and products on her account.
As her fame continues rising, Debicki has plenty of potential to keep increasing her fortune through high-paying acting gigs, endorsements, investments and more.
What Large Purchases Has She Made?
Though Elizabeth Debicki has amassed multi-million dollar wealth already, she tends to keep her spending relatively modest, at least compared to many Hollywood celebrities. Some of her largest known purchases include:
- London home – Debicki’s primary residence is a home in London valued around $2 million according to reports. Paid in cash.
- LA home – She reportedly owns a starter home in Los Angeles as well, but details are scarce. A mortgage is likely.
- Rolex watch – The actress has been spotted wearing a Rolex Datejust watch valued around $10k. A nice luxury piece.
- Chanel wardrobe – Debicki is a brand ambassador for Chanel so she frequently wears expensive Chanel dresses, bags, jewelry and more.
Overall, the Aussie star seems to splurge occasionally on nice homes, accessories, vacations and other luxuries – but she is not blowing her money on multiple mansions, private jets, supercars etc like some less prudent celebs. Her largest purchases seem to be smart investments in real estate.
What Real Estate Does She Own?
Based on available reports, here are the key real estate assets Elizabeth Debicki is known to own:
- Primary residence in London valued around $2 million – This is a 3-4 bedroom home she owns outright without a mortgage, purchased in cash. It serves as her homebase when working in Europe.
- Starter home in Los Angeles – Details unknown, but she is reported to also own property in LA as her base while working there. Likely a smaller home with a mortgage.
- Possible apartment in Australia – Some unconfirmed reports suggest she may also keep an apartment in her native Australia, but no details are available.
- Real estate investing – No other investment properties are known, but she could potentially own additional residential/commercial real estate assets outside of her primary homes.
Debicki has already made smart moves by investing a chunk of her wealth in prime real estate in London and now LA. As she earns more in the future, it would be wise for her to put some of that cash into building an even more valuable real estate portfolio.
What Type of Car Does She Drive?
Unlike many Hollywood celebs obsessed with ultra-luxury sports cars and huge vehicle collections, Elizabeth Debicki seems to keep her automotive purchases pretty practical:
- Toyota Prius – Her go-to daily driver appears to be a modest Toyota Prius hybrid sedan valued around $30,000. A smart, reliable, economical choice.
- Mercedes-Benz sedans – She’s also been spotted driving newer Mercedes like the C-Class and E-Class. At around $50-70k, these offer a touch of luxury.
- Chauffeured luxury rides – For red carpet appearances and such, Debicki is often chauffeured in higher end Mercedes, Rolls-Royces, etc.
- No known supercar – There are no reports of the actress splurging $200k+ on a Lamborghini, Ferrari or other high-end sports car.
Overall, Elizabeth seems to prefer keeping her car collection practical and relatively frugal rather than splashing out on super-expensive wheels. With an eco-friendly Prius as her daily driver, she doesn’t need to drop tons of cash on gas either. A wise automotive philosophy for this rising star.
How Much Does She Spend Per Year?
While Debicki’s net worth is certainly sizable already at $4 million and counting, the actress doesn’t seem to be blowing through cash at an outrageous pace. We can estimate her approximate annual spending as:
- Primary home upkeep – ~$100k per year for mortgage, tax, utilities, decor
- Second home upkeep – ~$50k for LA pad expenses
- Car payments, insurance, gas – ~$5k per year
- Luxury vacations – She indulges in nice trips but not wildly excessive. Let’s say ~$150k per year on hotels, dining, amenities.
- Staff, security, services – Likely spend at least $100k annually on assistants, security etc.
- Clothing, accessories – With high-end sponsorships but relatively modest public splurging, let’s estimate $50k per year.
- Dining, entertainment, hobbies – $75k per year should cover her costs here.
So in total, we can ballpark Debicki’s annual spending around $530,000 per year. That’s certainly very comfortable, but a fraction of what some A-listers drop in a year. Debicki seems to be building long-term wealth rather than blowing through every paycheck.
How Does Elizabeth Debicki’s Net Worth Compare to Other Actresses?
As a rising star in Hollywood, Elizabeth Debicki has already built an impressive $4 million net worth by age 33. But how does her wealth stack up against other famous actresses at similar points in their careers?
- Jennifer Lawrence – Around $10 million by age 25 at peak of Hunger Games fame.
- Margot Robbie – Estimated $12 million net worth by age 29 after Wolf of Wall Street breakout.
- Emma Stone – Up to $10 million by age 30 during her meteoric rise to stardom.
- Scarlett Johansson – Already earned $40+ million by age 29 from blockbuster films.
- Jennifer Aniston – At age 35, her net worth was around $80 million thanks to Friends.
While Debicki is certainly doing well for herself so far, some of the highest paid actresses were making double or nearly 10 times as much at similar points in their careers. However, Debicki’s net worth should continue rising rapidly if she maintains her A-list trajectory.
How Might Elizabeth Debicki’s Net Worth Grow in the Future?
At just 33 years old, Elizabeth Debicki’s acting career – and earning potential – are really only just getting started. Here are some ways we could see her net worth expanding considerably in the future:
- Big budget films – If she continues landing major roles in $100 million+ films, she could start earning $5-10 million per movie.
- Producer credits – She may eventually take on producer credits for films, earning backend equity and profits.
- Real estate – As her wealth grows, she can invest in more valuable real estate in LA, London, Australia.
- Investing – Whether stocks, businesses, or other assets, she can grow wealth by investing chunks of her earnings each year.
- Lifestyle brand – Many actors and actresses eventually start clothing lines, perfumes, or other lifestyle brands leveraging their name.
- Career longevity – If she has an extremely long, Tom Cruise-like career, her earnings will compound for decades to come.
Based on the typical career earnings trajectory for hugely successful actresses, Elizabeth Debicki could realistically be worth $50 million or more within 5-10 years if her star continues rising.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Elizabeth Debicki was born on August 24, 1990 in Paris, France to parents Jancee and Chris who were both ballet dancers. The family soon relocated to Melbourne, Australia where Debicki was raised. She became interested in ballet at a young age and trained intensely, before studying drama and theater at the University of Melbourne.
In 2011 at age 20, she made her professional screen debut with a minor role in the Australian film A Few Best Men. This launched her acting career, and she soon scored a role in the Australian TV drama The Kettering Incident.
Her big break came in 2012 when she was cast as the character Jordan Baker in Baz Luhrmann’s opulent remake of The Great Gatsby opposite Leonardo DiCaprio. Debicki impressed critics with her performance, putting her on the radar for major Hollywood films going forward.
Continued Film Success (2015-2022)
Following her star-making turn in The Great Gatsby, Debicki’s film career accelerated quickly with a string of coveted roles:
- In 2015 she appeared in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. with Henry Cavill.
- 2016 saw her join the DC universe as the villain Dr. Poison in Wonder Woman.
- Debicki joined the Marvel universe in 2017’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
- She reunited with director Christopher Nolan for a lead role in Tenet (2020).
- Played the lead in 2022’s Florence Pugh vehicle The Wonder.
Thanks to her versatility and critical acclaim, Debicki continues landing coveted blockbuster parts. She has starred opposite A-listers like Leonardo DiCaprio, Henry Cavill, and Florence Pugh.
Awards and Nominations
While still early in her career, Elizabeth Debicki has already received some prestigious awards recognition:
- AACTA Awards
- Best Supporting Actress (The Great Gatsby) – Won
- Teen Choice Awards
- Choice Movie Breakout Star (The Great Gatsby) – Nominated
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards
- Best Acting Ensemble (Widows) – Nominated
With roles in awards contenders Macbeth, Widows, and The Night Manager, we can expect more awards attention in Debicki’s future. An Oscar nomination seems likely.
Philanthropy and Activism
While fiercely devoted to her work, Elizabeth Debicki makes time for charitable causes close to her heart as well. She has supported organizations like:
- Red Cross – Donated to bushfire relief efforts in Australia.
- Women in Cinema – Advocates for female empowerment in the industry.
- Fashion Targets Breast Cancer – Contributed to breast cancer research through fashion campaign.
- War Child UK – Participated in anti-war campaign at London Film Festival.
What Is Elizabeth Debicki Best Known For?
Though still early in her career, these are the roles and projects that Elizabeth Debicki is currently best known for among fans and filmgoers:
- The Great Gatsby – Her breakout role as Jordan Baker that launched her to stardom.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 – Playing Ayesha in this billion-dollar Marvel sequel.
- Tenet – Co-starring with John David Washington in Christopher Nolan’s blockbuster.
- Widows – Holding her own alongside Viola Davis and Cynthia Erivo in this hit thriller.
- The Night Manager – Standout part in this acclaimed miniseries opposite Tom Hiddleston.
With each new major role, Debicki continues showing off impressive range and talent. Expect her soon to become a household name like fellow Aussie exports Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman and Margot Robbie.
Does Elizabeth Debicki have children?
No, as of early 2024 Elizabeth Debicki does not have any children yet. The actress is currently unmarried and focused on her booming career. She has not announced any plans for children in the near future.
What is Elizabeth Debicki’s height? How tall is she?
Elizabeth Debicki’s most notable physical attribute is her tall height. She stands at 6 feet 3 inches (1.91 meters) tall. This statuesque height is useful for the regal, elegant characters she often portrays.
Where does Elizabeth Debicki live?
Debicki has homes in both London, England and Los Angeles, California. When working on films, she splits time between her residences in the two entertainment epicenters on opposite sides of the Atlantic. She was born in Paris but raised in Melbourne, Australia.
What accent does Elizabeth Debicki use?
Despite being born in France and raised in Australia, Elizabeth Debicki speaks with a Received Pronunciation or “RP” English accent these days. This posh, elegant accent helps her portray upper-crust characters. In interviews though, hints of her native Australian accent sometimes emerge.
Is Elizabeth Debicki married?
No, as of early 2024, Elizabeth Debicki is not currently married. She was previously in a relationship with her The Great Gatsby co-star Callan Mulvey but they broke up in 2015. More recently she dated actor Tom Hiddleston briefly. She does not have a public partner at the moment.
What will Elizabeth Debicki be in next?
Debicki has completed filming her role as Princess Diana in Season 5 of the Netflix series The Crown, set to premiere in late 2022. She will also appear in Christopher Nolan’s 2023 film Oppenheimer. Upcoming projects may include Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.
What was Elizabeth Debicki’s first movie?
Debicki’s official feature film debut was in the 2011 Australian comedy A Few Best Men. She played a minor role. Her breakout lead role came shortly after in Baz Luhmann’s 2013 adaptation of The Great Gatsby opposite Leonardo DiCaprio.
How much did Elizabeth Debicki make for Tenet?
While Debicki’s exact salary for Tenet is undisclosed, comparable actresses have made around $1-2 million for starring roles in major Christopher Nolan films. Industry experts estimate Debicki likely took home around $1.5 million for Tenet as part of her paycheck.
How old was Elizabeth Debicki in The Great Gatsby?
Elizabeth Debicki had just turned 22 years old when The Great Gatsby was filming in 2012. Her age matched well with the youth of her character Jordan Baker. Debicki’s breakout role in this lavish period drama launched the young actress to stardom.