Haley Lu Richardson is an American actress who has been active in the entertainment industry since the early 2010s. She is best known for her roles in films such as The Edge of Seventeen, Five Feet Apart, and Columbus.
Richardson was born in Phoenix, Arizona in 1995. She developed an interest in acting at a young age and took acting classes as a child. In her teens, she began auditioning for film and television roles and landed guest spots on TV shows like Shake It Up and Private Practice.
Her breakout role came in 2016 when she was cast as Krista in the coming-of-age film The Edge of Seventeen. Her portrayal of the protagonist’s best friend earned her critical praise and recognition as an up-and-coming young actress.
Since then, Richardson has starred in numerous independent and mainstream films. Some of her most notable roles include:
- Erin in Columbus (2017)
- Claire in Five Feet Apart (2019)
- Kaitlyn Dever in The Chaperone (2018)
- Sherry in Split (2016)
She has received awards and nominations from organizations like the Gotham Awards, Hollywood Film Awards, and Teen Choice Awards. Her rising fame and success have positioned her as one of the most promising young talents in Hollywood today.
What is Haley Lu Richardson’s net worth?
According to multiple net worth estimation sites, Haley Lu Richardson’s current net worth is estimated to be around $3 million as of 2023.
The majority of Richardson’s net worth comes from her acting projects in film and television. As her fame and demand have grown, so have her salaries and paychecks. According to reports, she earned around $100,000 for her role in The Edge of Seventeen in 2016.
Her paychecks have increased significantly since then. It is estimated she earned over $1 million each for her leading roles in Five Feet Apart and The Chaperone. She also supplements her income through brand endorsement deals and sponsorships.
With her career still on the rise, Richardson’s net worth is expected to grow substantially in the coming years as she secures more lucrative acting roles and opportunities. At just 28 years old currently, she has many prime earning years still ahead of her.
What are some of Haley Lu Richardson’s biggest acting roles?
Here are some of Haley Lu Richardson’s most prominent acting roles to date:
The Edge of Seventeen (2016)
This coming-of-age comedy-drama film was Richardson’s breakout role. She played Krista, the best friend of the lead character Nadine (Hailee Steinfeld). Richardson’s nuanced, funny performance earned her a Gotham Award nomination for Breakthrough Actor.
In this M. Night Shyamalan psychological horror thriller, Richardson had a supporting role as one of the three teenage girls kidnapped by James McAvoy’s character Kevin Wendell Crumb. The film grossed over $278 million worldwide.
Richardson received high praise from critics for her performance in this indie drama opposite John Cho. She played Casey, a young woman who strikes up a friendship with Cho’s character while exploring the modernist architecture of Columbus, Indiana.
Five Feet Apart (2019)
This romantic drama about two cystic fibrosis patients falling in love was Richardson’s first leading role in a major studio film. She starred opposite Cole Sprouse. It grossed over $91 million worldwide.
The Chaperone (2018)
In this PBS period drama, Richardson portrayed the young Louise Brooks in flashback scenes opposite actress Elizabeth McGovern as the older Brooks. The film debuted at the Los Angeles Film Festival.
Montana Story (2021)
Richardson’s performance in this family drama earned her another Gotham Award nomination for Best Actress. She played one half of estranged twin sisters who reunite as their father is dying.
With her talent and choices of compelling roles across film genres, Richardson’s acting career continues to thrive.
What television shows has Haley Lu Richardson appeared in?
While best known for her film roles, Haley Lu Richardson has also appeared in several notable TV shows over the years:
- Shake It Up (2011) – Richardson made her television debut in a guest starring role on this Disney Channel show starring Zendaya and Bella Thorne. She played a character named Missy.
- Private Practice (2011) – Richardson had a guest appearance in an episode of this Grey’s Anatomy spin-off series starring Kate Walsh.
- Recovery Road (2016) – She had a recurring role on several episodes of this Freeform drama series about addiction and rehab. Richardson played a resident named Noelle.
- The Young and the Restless (2020-2022) – Richardson recently joined the long-running CBS soap opera in the role of Abby Newman, taking over from previous actress Melissa Ordway.
- The White Lotus (2022) – For this acclaimed HBO satirical comedy series, Richardson played Portia, a assistant to Jennifer Coolidge’s character Tanya McQuoid.
- Ravenswood (2013) – She appeared in one episode of this Pretty Little Liars spin-off series on ABC Family (now Freeform).
Richardson also voiced characters on animated shows like Kroll Show, Sherman’s Showcase, and Human Resources. While she works mostly in film, Richardson’s TV roles demonstrate her range across mediums.
What awards and nominations has Haley Lu Richardson received for her acting?
Despite being relatively early in her career, Haley Lu Richardson’s standout performances have already earned her various acting award nominations and wins:
- Hollywood Film Awards 2018 – Won New Hollywood Award
- Gotham Awards 2016 – Nominated for Breakthrough Actor for The Edge of Seventeen
- Gotham Awards 2021 – Nominated for Best Actress for Montana Story
- Teen Choice Awards 2019 – Nominated for Choice Drama Movie Actress for Five Feet Apart
- Capri Hollywood International Film Festival 2019 – Won Rising Star Award
- Newport Beach Film Festival 2018 – Won Artist of Distinction Award
- Montclair Film Festival 2018 – Won Breakthrough Performance Award for Support the Girls
- San Diego Film Critics Society Awards 2016 – Nominated for Best Breakthrough Artist for The Edge of Seventeen
- Fangoria Chainsaw Awards 2022 – Nominated for Best Actress for The Rental
Richardson has been recognized by both mainstream and independent film organizations and festivals for her acting skills. With critics praising her naturalistic performances and ability to embody complex characters, she is likely to keep accruing awards and nominations as her stellar career progresses.
What upcoming projects does Haley Lu Richardson have?
Haley Lu Richardson has several upcoming films and TV shows in the works over the next couple years:
- The White Lotus – She will reprise her role for season 2 of this HBO comedy series in 2023. It films in Sicily.
- Love Me – Richardson stars in this indie drama about a couple navigating grief. It premiered at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival.
- The Young Wife – She headlines this film as a religious young woman navigating marriage. It is set for release in 2023.
- Bodies Bodies Bodies – Richardson joins the ensemble cast of this Gen Z horror comedy from A24. It will be released sometime in 2023.
- Montana Story – This indie drama starring Richardson opens in limited theaters on May 13, 2022.
- The White Lotus Season 3 – HBO has already renewed the series for a third season, likely to air in 2024.
- The Young and the Restless – Richardson will continue her role as Abby Newman on new episodes of the CBS soap opera.
With a busy 2022 film festival circuit and anticipated theatrical releases in 2023, Richardson is continuing her momentum as one to watch in Hollywood for diverse, compelling lead and supporting roles across genres.
What is Haley Lu Richardson’s background and early life?
Haley Lu Richardson was born on March 7, 1995 in Phoenix, Arizona. Her parents are Forrest Richardson and Valerie Howard, and she has one sibling, an older sister named Christie.
As a child, Richardson developed a love of performance and entertaining. She began taking dance lessons around age 3 and was involved in musical theater during her school years. By age 13, she started taking acting classes and auditioning for roles.
Richardson attended Arcadia High School in Phoenix for a time but ended up completing most of her schooling through online education starting in 8th grade. This flexible schedule allowed her to simultaneously pursue acting opportunities full-time while based primarily in Arizona.
When she was 14 years old, Richardson convinced her parents to let her move to Los Angeles for pilot season to seriously start auditioning for film and TV roles. While it took some initial rejections, she persevered and slowly started booking guest spots on shows like Private Practice and Shake It Up.
After guest starring and supporting turns on the Disney Channel and Freeform, Richardson’s career took off when she landed her breakout in the independent feature film The Edge of Seventeen in 2016. Her childhood training and passion for performing laid the foundation for her current success and rise as a sought-after young actress.
Haley Lu Richardson’s Net Worth and Career
- Haley Lu Richardson has an estimated net worth of $3 million stemming primarily from her film acting roles.
- Her breakout role in 2016’s The Edge of Seventeen put her on the map as an up-and-coming talent to watch.
- Leading roles in studio films like Five Feet Apart and The Chaperone have significantly increased her pay and net worth.
- Despite her young age, Richardson has already been recognized by major awards shows and film festivals for her acting skills.
- Upcoming projects like The White Lotus Season 2 and new 2023 film releases will continue to boost her fame and earnings.
At just 28 years old, Haley Lu Richardson has already achieved impressive success and recognition for her acting talents across independent and mainstream films. With an estimated current net worth of $3 million that is sure to grow, Richardson is cementing her status as one of the most promising and sought-after actresses of her generation.
Her emotionally resonant performances in coming-of-age stories and family dramas have earned her devoted fans and multiple awards nominations. As she continues taking on compelling lead and supporting roles in films and television shows, Richardson’s star will only keep rising in the years ahead. Her creative choices and dedication to her craft make her net worth and career achievements at such a young age very impressive.