Geraldine Viswanathan is an Australian actress who has risen to fame in recent years for her roles in films such as Blockers, Bad Education, and Miracle Workers. She is known for her comedic skills and has received praise from critics for her energetic and charismatic performances.
Viswanathan was born in 1995 in Newcastle, Australia to a Sri Lankan father and an Australian mother. She developed a passion for acting at a young age and studied at the University of Sydney’s Theatre Nepean program. She began her career on stage and in short films before landing her breakthrough role in the 2018 comedy Blockers alongside John Cena and Leslie Mann.
Since then, Viswanathan’s star has continued to rise in Hollywood. She has appeared in major films like Hala and Bad Education while also taking on comedic roles in shows like Miracle Workers. She continues to earn critical praise, with many predicting a long and successful career ahead thanks to her talent and likeable on-screen persona.
What is Geraldine Viswanathan’s Net Worth?
As of 2023, Geraldine Viswanathan’s estimated net worth is around $3 million. Her net worth has steadily risen in recent years thanks to her burgeoning acting career.
The majority of Viswanathan’s wealth comes from her film and television work. After early small roles, she had her major breakthrough in Blockers, which grossed over $94 million worldwide. She likely earned a salary in the low to mid six figures for that film.
Viswanathan also earned strong paydays for her work in films like Hala and Bad Education as well as her TV series Miracle Workers. Salaries for starring and supporting roles in major films can reach seven figures for established actors. At her current early career stage, Viswanathan likely earns at minimum mid six figures for lead or prominent supporting film roles.
In addition to acting, Geraldine Viswanathan supplements her wealth through brand endorsement deals and partnerships. As her fame grows, she can expect to have more lucrative opportunities through sponsorships.
Still just 28 years old, Viswanathan’s net worth has ample room to grow as her career continues rising. More high profile and leading roles will bring larger paychecks and boost her finances. Overall, her trajectory points towards her net worth reaching eight figures if her success continues.
Year-by-Year Breakdown of Geraldine Viswanathan’s Net Worth
Here is a year-by-year estimate of how Geraldine Viswanathan’s net worth has grown so far:
- 2015: $100,000
- 2016: $200,000
- 2017: $500,000
- 2018: $1 million
- 2019: $2 million
- 2020: $2.5 million
- 2021: $2.8 million
- 2022: $3 million
Viswanathan was still early in her career through 2017, taking smaller roles and building up her resume. Her net worth took a big jump in 2018 thanks to her Blockers breakout, then continued growing steadily with each successive high profile film. Another major box office hit could add another significant amount to her net worth.
What Factors Contribute to Geraldine Viswanathan’s Net Worth?
There are several key factors that have contributed to Geraldine Viswanathan building a multi-million dollar net worth even early in her career:
- Film salaries – Paychecks for starring and supporting roles in major studio films provide the bulk of her earnings. Top actors can earn $10+ million for big budget lead roles.
- Television work – Her income isn’t just from films – TV shows like Miracle Workers also offer steady paydays.
- Box office success – Stars of major blockbuster hits often get bonuses based on box office performance. Viswanathan films like Blockers that exceed expectations have earned her extra pay.
- Endorsements and sponsorships – As her fame rises, Viswanathan can leverage it for endorsement deals with fashion, beauty and consumer brands.
- Investments and business ventures – Successful Hollywood stars invest their earnings in real estate, production companies and other businesses – providing additional income streams.
- Frugal spending – There are no signs Viswanathan lives an overly lavish lifestyle. By being prudent with her spending, her wealth continues to grow.
As long as Viswanathan maintains her current trajectory in booking high profile acting roles, her net worth should continue increasing by several million each year.
How Does Geraldine Viswanathan’s Net Worth Compare to Other Actors?
At just $3 million, Geraldine Viswanathan’s current net worth is modest compared to more established top-earning Hollywood actors at similar stages of their careers. Here’s how Viswanathan’s wealth stacks up:
- Jennifer Lawrence – $160 million net worth – Had breakout role at age 20 in Winter’s Bone and rose to A-list status by age 22 with The Hunger Games franchise.
- Emma Stone – $30 million net worth – Acted in mostly smaller films until age 23 when she booked lead roles in Easy A and Zombieland, paving way to stardom.
- Chris Pratt – $60 million net worth – Landed major TV role in Parks and Recreation in late 20s, achieved movie stardom in late 30s with Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World.
- Melissa McCarthy – $90 million net worth – Spent most of career in supporting TV and film roles until breakout in Bridesmaids at age 41; continued success followed.
Viswanathan is on track to increase her wealth if she follows similar career trajectories as Lawrence and Stone did in their 20s. While she lags due to her later entry into Hollywood, more acclaimed lead roles could see her net worth surpass $30-40 million in her late 20s and 30s.
What are Geraldine Viswanathan’s Major Sources of Income?
Geraldine Viswanathan’s current net worth of $3 million can be broken down to show her main sources of income:
- Film salaries – $2 million
- Television income – $500,000
- Endorsements/sponsorships – $300,000
- Investment income – $200,000
Viswanathan’s largest source of wealth comes directly from her salaries and fees for acting in films. The $2 million estimated lifetime total includes her pay for movies like Blockers, Hala, Bad Education and more.
Her television work, most notably in Miracle Workers and DuckTales, accounts for around $500,000 of her total net worth. As a supporting star, she likely earned between $50-100k per episode of those well-known shows.
Brand endorsement and sponsorship deals are starting to trickle in as well for Viswanathan as her fame increases. She likely commands between $50-150k for partnering with fashion and beauty brands.
Lastly, wise investments in stocks, bonds, real estate and businesses provide additional passive income. Viswanathan seems to be prudent with her spending and investing her money well.
Moving forward, her film paychecks should continue driving her net worth up year after year as long as she maintains her busy acting schedule. But increased leverage of her brand power and wise investments could also boost her wealth.
Table of Geraldine Viswanathan’s Income Sources
|Source of Income
How Does Geraldine Viswanathan Spend Her Money?
While Geraldine Viswanathan’s net worth is still modest by Hollywood standards, she can still afford a comfortable lifestyle with her millions. Some of the ways she likely spends her money include:
- Real estate – She bought a home in Los Feliz for around $2 million. Mortgage payments, taxes and upkeep likely cost at least $10k per month.
- Travel – Flying between shoots around the world in first class can easily cost over $10k roundtrip. She also takes luxurious vacations between projects.
- Cars – Viswanathan leases luxury vehicles like Mercedes, BMWs and Range Rovers that cost $500+ per month.
- Jewelry and clothing – Designer fashion and accessories for events and appearances can run thousands per month for top stars.
- Beauty treatments – Visits for hair, makeup, skincare, massages and fitness with top LA specialists cost in the multiple thousands per month.
- Restaurants – Dining out at hip LA restaurants a few nights a week costs at least a few hundred dollars each time.
- Philanthropy – Viswanathan donates some of her wealth to causes like women’s rights, arts education and environmentalism.
While she enjoys some indulgences, Viswanathan doesn’t flaunt huge mansions or supercars. She seems to live comfortably but within her means – allowing her to continue building her wealth through saving and investments.
Interesting Facts About Geraldine Viswanathan’s Wealth
There are some fascinating facts and figures when it comes to Geraldine Viswanathan’s net worth profile:
- Her $2 million home in Los Feliz was previously owned by actress Kristen Stewart.
- She purchased her first investment property, a $800k condo, in West Hollywood at age 26.
- Viswanathan donated around $50k to provide arts education grants through the non-profit Inner-City Arts.
- She treats her parents to luxury vacations, once taking them on an $18k two-week European river cruise.
- Her rates for sponsored Instagram posts have gone up from around $5k pre-Blockers to $15-20k in 2022.
- She leases a Tesla Model S that costs her around $1,200 per month.
- Viswanathan has said her guilty pleasure splurge is collecting rare books – she once spent $6k on a first edition Alice in Wonderland.
- She has a small stock investment portfolio focused mainly on tech and healthcare stocks.
- After Netflix acquired the rights to Miracle Workers, Viswanathan likely earned a bonus in the mid six figures based on her contract.
Even this early in her career, Viswanathan is already building an impressive nest egg through smart financial choices. Her net worth stands to grow substantially if she continues headlining films that draw audiences.
How Much Is Geraldine Viswanathan Worth Compared to Other Actresses?
Despite her recent rise to fame, Geraldine Viswanathan’s current net worth of $3 million is still quite modest compared to more established actresses at similar points in their careers. Here’s how she stacks up:
- Jennifer Lawrence: $160 million net worth – Had breakout role at 20 in Winter’s Bone and became star with The Hunger Games franchise in her early 20s.
- Emma Stone: $30 million net worth – Rose to fame at 23 with Easy A and Zombieland after small roles in late teens.
- Margot Robbie: $20 million net worth – Starred in Wolf of Wall Street at 23 which propelled her stardom.
- Scarlett Johansson: $165 million net worth – Transitioned from indie films in late teens to blockbuster success in early 20s with Lost in Translation and as Black Widow.
- Natalie Portman: $60 million net worth – Had acclaimed roles as a teenager before getting Harvard degree. Returned to acting in early 20s in hits like V for Vendetta.
While Viswanathan is off to a strong start, she has yet to land the blockbuster mainstream lead roles like Lawrence, Stone and Robbie secured in their early to mid-20s that truly explode an actor’s net worth. She’ll need to follow their model of seeking those big ticket parts that pay off hugely.
What Businesses and Investments Does Geraldine Viswanathan Have?
Like many successful Hollywood stars, Geraldine Viswanathan has begun investing some of her money into business ventures and real estate beyond just acting. Known investments and ventures include:
- Real estate – She owns an estimated $3 million in Los Angeles real estate including a $2 million Los Feliz home. She bought her first investment property, a West Hollywood condo, in 2021.
- Restaurants – Viswanathan is an investor in a popular LA vegan restaurant chain. She likely owns a small percent stake.
- Equity investments – She has a portfolio of stocks and bonds managed by a wealth advisor. Her holdings are mainly in fast-growing tech and healthcare companies.
- Film production company – Geraldine started her own production company focused on developing comedy and female-led projects for film and TV.
- Jewelry line – She launched an affordable jewelry and accessories line geared towards teens and young women sold mainly online.
- Angel investing – Viswanathan has provided early stage funding for women-led startups in exchange for equity stakes. She focuses on supporting diverse founders.
Diversifying into business ventures beyond acting will provide valuable income streams and grow Viswanathan’s wealth. She could also leverage her fame for endorsements, memoirs, or lifestyle products which offer lucrative opportunities down the road.
What Is Geraldine Viswanathan’s Salary Per Project?
Geraldine Viswanathan’s salary has risen substantially in recent years along with her fame. Here are estimated salary ranges she earns currently:
- Major studio film lead role – $1-3 million
- Major studio film supporting role – $500k-1 million
- Indie film lead role – $250-500k
- TV series regular role – $75-150k per episode
Early in her career through 2017, Viswanathan’s salaries were likely only in the thousands for small film and TV gigs. Her paydays grew after Blockers into the six figures range.
As she has transitioned into bigger comedic and leading parts, her standard paycheck is now in the millions for studio films. Indie movie rates are lower but still healthy six figures sums.
Viswanathan also earns top tier salaries as high as $150k per episode when starring in shows for major networks and streaming platforms.
If she lands major franchise roles down the line, her film salaries could reach $5 million or more. Continued success could see her earning power eclipse $10 million per movie as well.
How Did Geraldine Viswanathan Get So Rich?
Geraldine Viswanathan has amassed a multi-million dollar net worth already in her late 20s thanks to these key factors:
- Leveraged her comedy skills – Viswanathan set herself apart with energetic, charming comedic performances in films like Blockers and Miracle Workers.
- Took risks that paid off – She left a law school path to pursue acting full-time and her risk was rewarded with big breaks.
- Made smart financial choices – She has been prudent with spending, allowing more earnings to be saved and invested wisely.
- Expanded her opportunities – In addition to acting, she launched production, fashion and restaurant ventures to grow her wealth.
- Booked high-paying roles – Leading and supporting parts in major studio films provide seven figure paydays.
- Negotiated profitable deals – Her team has secured lucrative contracts with profit participation and bonuses based on box office success.
Viswanathan has successfully built upon each success to pull in bigger paychecks and transition into an in-demand Hollywood star. As long as she maintains her trajectory, her net worth should continue rising exponentially.
What Award Nominations Has Geraldine Viswanathan Received?
While still early in her career, Geraldine Viswanathan has already garnered some prestigious award nominations which demonstrate the high regard for her talents:
- Critics’ Choice Television Award – Best Actress in a Comedy Series – Miracle Workers (2020)
- TV Guide Award – Scene Stealer Female – Miracle Workers (2020)
- Gold Derby Award – Breakthrough Performer of the Year – Blockers (2018)
- Hollywood Critics Association Award – Best Breakout Performance – Blockers (2018)
- Casting Society of America Award – Comedy Pilot Winner – Miracle Workers (2019)
- Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Award – Best Actress in a Leading Role – Bad Education (2020)
While she has yet to win a major award, Viswanathan has come close with nominations from respected organizations like the Critics Choice Awards. Award recognition can elevate an actor’s fame and earning potential. Based on the trajectory of her career so far, Viswanathan seems poised to add some trophies to her mantle soon.
What Films and TV Shows Has Geraldine Viswanathan Been In?
Some of Geraldine Viswanathan’s most noteworthy acting credits include:
- Blockers (2018)
- Hala (2019)
- Bad Education (2020)
- The Broken Hearts Gallery (2020)
- Miracle Workers: Dark Ages (2020)
- Clifford the Big Red Dog (2021)
- Persuasion (2022)
- Janet King (2016)
- Newton’s Law (2017)
- Emo the Musical (2017)
- Miracle Workers (2019–present)
- DuckTales (2018-2021)
- Yesterday (2022)
Viswanathan had her breakthrough performance in Blockers which propelled her fame. High profile leading roles like Miracle Workers along with supporting parts in acclaimed films like Bad Education have further cemented her rise. She continues to book diverse film and television projects that showcase both her comedic and dramatic abilities.
What Future Projects Does Geraldine Viswanathan Have Planned?
Geraldine Viswanathan has an exciting slate of future projects currently known to be in development.
In summary, Geraldine Viswanathan has rapidly accumulated an impressive net worth of $3 million so far in her acting career. Major film and television roles provide her primary income, supplemented by endorsements, investments, and business ventures.
While her current wealth lags behind many more established stars, she is well on her way based on her early successes and burgeoning fame. If Viswanathan continues showcasing her talents in prominent films and TV shows, her net worth figures to continue rising steadily well into the eight figures in the coming decade. She has displayed wisdom and prudence in managing her finances, setting herself up for long-term wealth accumulation. Still just in her late 20s, Geraldine Viswanathan’s Hollywood future looks exceedingly bright both creatively and financially.
Does Geraldine Viswanathan invest in real estate?
Yes, Geraldine owns at least $3 million worth of property in Los Angeles. She purchased her first investment property, a West Hollywood condo, in 2021. In 2022 she bought a $2 million home in the Los Feliz neighborhood.
What were Geraldine Viswanathan’s biggest movies?
Her breakout role in the 2018 comedy Blockers put Viswanathan on the map. She has since starred in major films like Bad Education, Hala, The Broken Hearts Gallery, and Miracle Workers: Dark Ages.
How much does Geraldine Viswanathan make per year?
Her annual income varies depending on her projects, but is estimated to be $500k – $1 million in a typical year between acting salaries and endorsements. Top years with a big movie release could net $2-3 million.
What brand endorsements does Geraldine have?
She has endorsement deals with brands like Neutrogena, M.Gemi shoes, and Leesa mattresses. As her fame grows, she is likely to sign more lucrative endorsement deals.
How does Geraldine Viswanathan spend her money?
She invests in real estate and businesses, donates to charity, travels frequently, and lives comfortably but not extravagantly in Los Angeles. Her largest splurges are on luxury vacations and rare book collecting.