Vanessa Kirby is an English stage, TV, and film actress. She is best known for her roles as Princess Margaret in the Netflix series The Crown and as Martha in the 2021 film Mission: Impossible 7.
Kirby was born in Wimbledon, London on April 18, 1988. She became involved in acting while attending the City of London School for Girls and was a member of the National Youth Theatre. She went on to study English at the University of Exeter.
After graduating, Kirby joined the Oxford School of Drama and began pursuing professional acting work. Her breakthrough came when she landed the role of Estella in a BBC adaptation of Great Expectations in 2011.
Since then, Kirby has appeared in numerous popular TV shows and films including About Time, Jupiter Ascending, Me Before You, and Hobbs & Shaw. But it was her critically acclaimed performance as Princess Margaret in The Crown starting in 2016 that brought her widespread fame.
Kirby has received multiple awards and nominations for her acting, including a BAFTA TV Award, two Primetime Emmy nominations, and a Volpi Cup for Best Actress at the Venice Film Festival. She continues to take on compelling roles across genres and mediums.
What is Vanessa Kirby’s Net Worth?
According to multiple reports, Vanessa Kirby’s current net worth is estimated to be around $4 million.
How Did Vanessa Kirby Build Her Net Worth?
The bulk of Vanessa Kirby’s wealth comes from her acting work across television, film, and theatre. Some of her biggest paydays have come in recent years:
- For her breakout role in The Crown, Kirby was reportedly paid $20,000 per episode. Over two seasons as a main cast member, this added up to over $1 million.
- For starring in Mission: Impossible 7 and 8, Kirby is estimated to be earning around $1-2 million per film.
- Kirby earned $500,000 for her role in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.
- She was paid over $1 million to star alongside Dwayne Johnson in the 2021 thriller The Little Drummer Girl.
- She makes additional income from smaller film roles, theatrical productions, and endorsement deals.
With Kirby’s star continuing to rise in Hollywood, her net worth is expected to grow even higher in coming years. More major blockbuster films and potential additional seasons on The Crown could see her net worth shoot upwards of $10 million soon.
What Houses Does Vanessa Kirby Own?
Despite her rising fortune, Kirby has not been spotted splashing out on lavish real estate just yet. She tends to keep her private life very low-key.
Kirby’s primary residence appears to still be in her hometown of Wimbledon, London. When filming projects, she mainly rents accommodations near shooting locations.
Some of the high-end homes she’s been known to reside in temporarily include:
- A $3,000 per month apartment in West Hampstead while filming The Crown.
- A villa near Lake Como, Italy during filming of Mission: Impossible 7.
- Various upscale NYC apartments when working on plays or promoting films.
As her wealth increases, it’s likely Kirby may invest in higher-end real estate in exclusive areas like Bel Air or the Hollywood Hills. But for now, she seems comfortable living in more modest residences and rentals.
Other Assets & Luxury Purchases
Aside from real estate, some of Kirby’s other luxury purchases and assets include:
- A $100,000 Porsche 911 Carrera luxury vehicle.
- High-end designer fashion from Chanel, Prada, and Saint Laurent, often worn on red carpets.
- Jewelry including diamond earrings and vintage pieces worth over $50,000.
- First class travel and stays at 5-star hotels while traveling for work.
- A personal trainer and nutritionist.
She also invests a significant portion of her wealth and has financial advisors managing her finances. Kirby tends to spend wisely rather than extravagantly.
How Does Vanessa Kirby Make Money?
According to reports, the majority of Vanessa Kirby’s $4 million net worth comes from her lucrative acting career. Here’s a breakdown of her various income streams:
Kirby earns multi-million dollar paychecks to star in major blockbuster films. Some examples:
- She earned $1-2 million for both Mission Impossible 7 & 8.
- She was paid over $500,000 for a supporting role in Hobbs & Shaw.
- She earned $1+ million to co-star alongside Dwayne Johnson in The Little Drummer Girl.
As she continues booking lead roles in high-profile films, she can expect paydays in the $1-5 million range.
For her breakout role on The Crown as Princess Margaret, Kirby was reportedly paid $20,000 per episode. Over two seasons as a main cast member, this added up to around $1 million total.
She could potentially reprise this role again in future seasons, which would again be hugely lucrative if her pay is increased.
Early in her career, Kirby earned critical acclaim (and decent paychecks) for starring in stage productions with prestigious theatre companies. She continues to act on stage between film and TV projects.
Brand Partnerships & Endorsements
As her fame grows, Kirby has partnered with brands like Armani, fronting campaigns and earning endorsement income. She also promotes various luxury brands like Chanel through red carpet appearances.
Moving forward, she may expand into more formal sponsorship deals, clothing lines, or partnerships with beauty/fashion brands. Her potential to earn big money in this space is growing.
How Much Did Vanessa Kirby Make for The Crown?
Vanessa Kirby starred as Princess Margaret in the first two seasons of the hit Netflix series The Crown. While exact figures haven’t been publicly confirmed, multiple reports estimate Kirby earned roughly $20,000 per episode during her tenure on the show.
- With 10 episodes in Season 1, this equates to $200,000.
- For Season 2 she again appeared in 10 episodes, earning another $200,000.
So in total, Kirby likely made approximately $400,000 for her two seasons as a series regular on The Crown before she left the show.
This was by far her biggest television paycheck up until that point in her career. It provided Kirby with financial stability to continue pursuing high-profile film projects more selectively.
While her salary was modest by industry standards, The Crown did give Kirby invaluable global exposure that led to many other lucrative opportunities. So in the end, it proved a wise investment and smart strategic move for establishing herself as a household name.
Going forward, if Kirby ever opts to return to The Crown in future seasons as an older Princess Margaret, she would likely command a much higher per-episode fee given her recent success and demand. So her Crown earnings have the potential to grow even further down the line.
What Awards Has Vanessa Kirby Won?
Although still early in her career, Vanessa Kirby has already accumulated impressive accolades recognizing her outstanding acting work. Some of Kirby’s most notable awards and nominations so far include:
BAFTA TV Award
- Winner for Best Supporting Actress for The Crown (2018)
Primetime Emmy Awards
- Nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for The Crown (2018)
- Nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series for The Little Drummer Girl (2019)
Volpi Cup for Best Actress
- Winner for Pieces of a Woman at the Venice Film Festival (2020)
Golden Globe Awards
- Nominated for Best Supporting Actress in Television for The Crown (2018)
- Nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series for The Little Drummer Girl (2020)
- Nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble Cast for The Crown (2020)
Kirby has also won “Best Actress” awards from the British Independent Film Awards, Hollywood Critics Association, and more.
As she takes on more prestigious lead roles in film and television, expect Kirby to rack up even more major award nominations and wins. She is recognized as one of the most talented rising stars in the industry.
What Charities or Causes Does Vanessa Kirby Support?
Though she keeps much of her personal life private, Vanessa Kirby actively uses her platform to support various charitable causes:
Kirby is a vocal supporter of women’s rights and the Time’s Up initiative against sexual harassment in the workplace. She advocates for equal treatment of women in Hollywood and beyond.