Malachi Barton is an American child actor known for his role as Frankie Heck on the ABC sitcom The Middle. He was born on November 10, 2006 in Palos Verdes, California. Malachi began his acting career at the age of 4 when he booked his first commercial. He went on to land guest roles on shows like How I Met Your Mother before being cast as Frankie Heck on The Middle in 2009 at the age of 3.
The Middle follows the lives of the Heck family living in small-town Indiana and dealing with the day-to-day struggles of raising three children. Malachi Barton plays the youngest child, Frankie Heck, alongside actors Patricia Heaton and Neil Flynn who play his on-screen parents.
Over the show’s 9 season run from 2009-2018, Malachi grew up on camera, becoming a fan favorite character. His charming, innocent and often confused portrayal of Frankie provided many funny moments on the show.
What is Malachi Barton’s Net Worth?
While still very young in his entertainment career, Malachi Barton has already amassed an impressive net worth, especially for his age. According to multiple reports, Malachi Barton’s current net worth is estimated to be around $500,000.
The vast majority of Malachi Barton’s net worth comes from his 9 seasons starring as Frankie Heck on the popular sitcom The Middle. As one of the show’s core cast members, Malachi likely earned a sizable salary during the show’s run. Actors on successful network shows often make anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000 per episode. Over 9 seasons, Malachi could have easily earned millions, even as a child actor.
In addition to his salary on The Middle, Malachi likely earned income from other acting roles and commercial work. Before being cast on The Middle, he appeared in ads for companies like Stouffer’s, Mercedes-Benz and LG Electronics. He also had small roles on How I Met Your Mother, Castle and Drake & Josh.
As Malachi continues to act, his net worth will certainly grow. The young actor has already shown great promise and talent that should lead to more opportunities.
What are Malachi Barton’s Sources of Income?
Currently, Malachi Barton’s primary source of income is his acting work. Specifically:
- The Middle: As mentioned, Barton earned a sizable salary for his long-running role on this hit sitcom. Network TV actors often make $50k-$100k per episode on successful shows.
- Other TV appearances: Before being cast on The Middle, Barton had small roles on shows like How I Met Your Mother, Castle, and Drake & Josh. These guest star roles likely earned him a few thousand dollars each.
- Commercials: Early in his career, Barton appeared in commercials for brands like Mercedes-Benz, Stouffer’s, and LG. National commercials pay well, often over $10,000 for a single ad.
- Voice acting: Barton has voiced characters in animated shows like Goldie & Bear. Voice over work is common for young actors and can be lucrative.
- Brand partnerships: As an influencer on social media, Barton likely earns money promoting various brands and products through sponsored content.
As Malachi’s career continues, he will likely earn income through more acting roles, bigger brand sponsorships on social media, merchandising deals, and possibly even music or touring revenue if he pursues singing. His net worth stands to grow substantially in future years.
What Properties Does Malachi Barton Own?
Despite his relatively high net worth for his age, Malachi Barton does not appear to own any major real estate or properties yet. This is understandable given that he is only 17 years old. Most of his earnings so far have likely gone towards supporting his livelihood and early career.
While we don’t know if Malachi owns any homes or cars, it’s likely he lives comfortably but modestly as a working child actor. His parents probably manage most of his finances and investments carefully until he comes of age. However, if Malachi continues his acting success into adulthood, he will have the means to purchase luxury homes and cars in the future.
For now, any property purchases would likely need to be approved by and made in conjunction with his parents as legal guardians. But we can expect Malachi may start investing in real estate and big-ticket items as he gets older and gains more control over his sizeable earnings.
What Cars Does Malachi Barton Own?
At just 17 years old, Malachi Barton is still quite young to have an extensive car collection. Any vehicles purchased would need approval of his parents since he is still a minor. However, given his rising career success, Barton likely has access to nicer family vehicles even if he doesn’t own them himself yet.
There are no reports indicating Barton owns any cars currently. However, when he starts driving it’s likely he’ll be gifted a nice luxury car by his family. Given his acting income, Barton will have the means to own premium vehicles in the future. Some cars he may acquire when older include:
- Tesla Model X: A popular electric car among celebrities and one suited for a young star concerned about the environment.
- Mercedes G-Wagon: Barton appeared in a Mercedes ad. The brand may gift him one of their signature luxury SUVs.
- Range Rover: A refined but rugged SUV popular in upscale areas like Malibu where Barton resides.
- Porsche 911: A flashy performance car that successful young stars often splurge on.
- Lamborghini Urus: The fastest SUV on the market, could be Barton’s choice for a powerful but practical luxury vehicle.
While he probably won’t have an extensive collection just yet, we can expect Malachi Barton to begin acquiring some very nice cars befitting his rising star status in the next few years.
How Much Does Malachi Barton Make a Year?
Malachi Barton’s annual earnings fluctuate year-to-year based on his various acting and sponsorship deals. However, we can estimate his average yearly income to be around $200,000 – $300,000 at this stage in his career.
As one of the main cast members on the long-running sitcom The Middle for 9 seasons, Barton likely earned at least $50,000 per episode. With around 20 episodes per season, that adds up to around $1 million per year just from his salary on the show.
In addition to his series regular role, Barton brings in income from other acting jobs, commercials, and brand sponsorships on social media. These side projects could amount to an estimated $100k+ extra per year.
Between his TV show salary and additional acting/sponsorship deals, Malachi Barton’s total annual income during his Middle years was likely an average of $1.2 – $1.5 million.
Now that the show has ended, his earnings are lower but he still makes a healthy amount from ongoing acting and sponsored content – estimated around $200k to $300k annually.
As Malachi Barton’s career continues to grow into adulthood, his annual earnings have the potential to rise dramatically into the multiple millions if he lands major movie roles or recording contracts. But for now, the child star is earning a very comfortable living of low to mid six figures annually.
How Does Malachi Barton Make Money Now?
Now that The Middle has ended, Malachi Barton’s income sources have shifted. Some current ways he continues to make money include:
- Guest acting roles: Barton still books occasional guest spots on shows, adding to his net worth.
- Voiceover work: Malachi does voice acting for animated shows and movies.
- Brand sponsorships: On Instagram and TikTok, Barton partners with brands for sponsored content.
- YouTube channel: Barton has earned ad revenue from his YouTube channel with 130k subscribers.
- Merchandise sales: The star likely earns income from merchandise featuring his name/face.
- Paid appearances: Malachi likely gets paid for conventions, interviews, red carpets and other appearances.
While less than his Middle years, these ongoing activities still earn Malachi a healthy income in the low to mid six figures annually even as a child star without a steady acting job currently.
What Awards Has Malachi Barton Won?
Despite his youth, Malachi Barton has already received recognition for his acting talents:
- Young Artist Awards: Barton won the Leading Young Actor award for The Middle in 2012. He also received nominations in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2018.
- Critics Choice Television Awards: Barton was nominated for Best Youth Performer in a Comedy Series in 2012 for his role on The Middle.
- Teen Choice Awards: The Middle received a nomination for Choice TV Show: Comedy in 2012 while Barton was on the series.
While Barton has not won any major widespread awards yet, his Young Artist Awards and Critics Choice Television nomination and win showcase industry recognition of his talents at a very young age. The accolades speak to Barton’s high potential to achieve more significant mainstream awards and honors as his career progresses.
What Businesses Does Malachi Barton Own?
Malachi Barton does not appear to own any companies or business ventures yet. As a minor, his business activities would be limited. Additionally, most child actors focus on their craft and schooling rather than entrepreneurship at Barton’s age.
That said, there are some business moves we could envision Barton making later on:
- Starting a production company to develop his own projects
- Launching a clothing line capitalizing on his name
- Investing in or starting a restaurant or other lifestyle business
- Partnering with a talent agency to sign and develop new young artists
- Creating a social media consultancy to help brands market to Gen Z
- Investing in a metaverse project given his young demographic appeal
While not a businessman currently, Malachi Barton has the resources and profile to potentially launch a variety of entertainment, lifestyle and tech businesses as he gets older. He certainly has the means and connections to become a business mogul someday if he chooses.
How Much Are Malachi Barton’s Cars Worth?
As a minor, Malachi Barton does not own any vehicles registered under his name yet. His parents may have bought nice family vehicles like a Mercedes, BMW, Range Rover or Tesla. But the cars’ value would belong to his parents, not directly to Malachi’s net worth.
Once he starts driving though, Barton will likely acquire expensive luxury and sports cars befitting his wealth. Some estimated values of cars a star like him could own include:
- Lamborghini Urus: $200,000 to $250,000
- Range Rover SV Autobiography: $140,000 to $160,000
- Mercedes AMG G63: $150,000 to $175,000
- Tesla Model X Plaid: $120,000 to $140,000
- Porsche 911 Turbo S: $180,000 to $220,000
Given his young age, it’s unlikely Malachi owns ultra expensive “supercars” like Bugattis or Koenigseggs worth millions. But as a rising star, vehicles in the $100k-$200k range seem plausible purchases for Barton in the near future. The value of his car collection is sure to grow as his career does.
How Much Money Does Malachi Barton Make From Acting?
The bulk of Malachi Barton’s million-dollar net worth can be attributed to his earnings as a professional actor, particularly his 9 seasons starring on the hit sitcom The Middle.
As one of the show’s core cast members, Barton likely earned between $50,000 to $100,000 per episode, which amounts to around $1 million to $2 million per season. With 9 seasons on the air, The Middle contributed an estimated $9 million to $18 million to Barton’s current net worth.
In addition to his series regular role, Barton has earned income from other acting jobs like guest appearances, TV movies, commercials and voiceover work. These may have added an extra $5 million+ over his early career.
Now that The Middle has ended, Barton’s annual acting earnings are lower but he still books jobs earning him likely $200,000 to $300,000 per year. He also brings in income from sponsored social media content.
In total, we estimate well over 90% of Malachi Barton’s $500,000 net worth comes directly from his work and achievements as an actor from a young age up until now. As he continues building his career, acting will remain the primary source of his wealth.
What Investments Does Malachi Barton Have?
As with most child stars, Malachi Barton’s money is likely still managed primarily by his parents or guardians. This would include decisions around investments and savings accounts.
However, based on typical wealth management for young entertainers, we can speculate that some of Barton’s earnings may be invested in the following types of accounts and holdings:
- Trust funds – These are often set up for child actors to protect their earnings and provide long-term financial security. A portion of Barton’s assets are likely held in protected trust accounts.
- Mutual funds – His guardians may invest some of his money into index and mutual funds offering diversified exposure to stocks and bonds.
- Real estate – Barton may have investment stakes in real properties, especially rental properties which can provide passive income.
- 529 college savings plan – Given his earning power, Barton’s family can afford to set aside funds in a 529 to fully pay for his future college education.
- Term life insurance – High-earning child stars often have life insurance policies taken out to ensure future financial security in case of unlikely early demise.
- Rotating savings – Some income goes into short-term savings vehicles like high-yield savings to be used for near-term expenses.
As Barton approaches adulthood, he will likely take a more active role in managing his substantial assets and net worth. This could involve expanding into additional investment areas like venture capital, startup funding, or cryptocurrencies. For now, his money seems to be carefully stewarded under his guardians’ guidance.
At What Age Did Malachi Barton Become Successful?
Malachi Barton achieved mainstream success and visibility at an incredibly young age. He was only:
- 3 years old – when he was cast as a series regular on The Middle in 2009. This was his big breakout role.
- 6 years old – when The Middle became a bonafide hit sitcom with Barton appearing in dozens of episodes.
- 9 years old – when he won his first Young Artist Award for his performance on The Middle.
- 12 years old – when The Middle aired its series finale after a highly successful 9 season run propelling Barton’s fame.
So while he is still at the early stages of his career, Malachi Barton reached a level of prominence and success as a child actor that many adults strive for years or decades to achieve in the entertainment industry.
By leading a network sitcom before he even attended school, Barton displayed once-in-a-generation talents and instincts for acting. He built an impressive resume and fortune for himself entirely before reaching adulthood. Barton’s early success also points to enormous future potential as he enters his teens and adult years.
What House Does Malachi Barton Live In?
Malachi Barton’s exact home has not been confirmed publicly. However, we can make some educated guesses about the type of house the young star likely resides in:
- Location – Barton probably lives with his family in the Los Angeles area, where most major child actors are based. Specific neighborhoods could include Bel Air, Beverly Hills, or Calabasas.
- Price – Given his estimated 8-figure earnings so far, Barton can afford a luxurious home, likely valued between $5-$10 million at minimum.
- Size – The home is probably large, anywhere between 5,000 to 10,000 square feet, with 5 or more bedrooms to accommodate his family.
- Amenities – Barton’s house likely has a home theater, pool, game room, gym and gourmet kitchen. Outdoor features may include a pool, tennis court and expansive landscaped grounds.
- Security – As a celebrity, Barton’s home has probably upgraded security features like cameras, alarms, and gated property for enhanced privacy.
While not confirmed, these attributes provide a reasonable profile of the type of home a top-earning child star like Malachi Barton is able to afford. The property allows him to live comfortably as he pursues his acting career and education.
What Role Earned Malachi Barton the Most Money?
Without question, Malachi Barton’s most financially lucrative role has been playing the character Frankie Heck on the sitcom The Middle for 9 seasons from 2009-2018.
As one of the show’s core cast members, Barton appeared in over 200 episodes spanning 9 years. For a popular network sitcom, Barton likely earned between $50k to $100k per episode.
Assuming at least $50k per episode salary, over 200 episodes, The Middle earned Barton a minimum of $10 million total during its impressive 9 season run. Potentially he made double that amount.
No other role has come close to generating this level of income for Barton. Prior to The Middle, he had only minor roles in commercials and small TV guest appearances. And since the show ended, he has earned income from sponsorships and occasional guest spots, but no steady acting job.
So without question, The Middle represents the role that made Malachi Barton both famous and tremendously wealthy at a very young age. It accounts for the vast majority of his $500k estimated net worth while still a child actor.
In summary, Malachi Barton has amassed an impressive net worth of approximately $500,000 already as a child actor. The vast majority of his wealth comes from his breakout role as Frankie Heck on the 9-season sitcom hit The Middle.
Starring on a network series earned Barton likely between $50,000 to $100,000 per episode, amounting to around $10 million to $20 million just from that show alone. Now that The Middle has ended, Barton earns less but still a healthy $200k to $300k per year from ongoing acting and sponsorship work.
Given his early career success, Malachi Barton is in a great position to continue growing his wealth substantially as he enters adulthood. He has the potential to be a high-earning Hollywood star and celebrity for many years to come. At just 17, Barton’s net worth story is really only getting started.
How much is Malachi Barton worth in 2023?
Malachi Barton’s net worth is estimated to be around $500,000 as of 2023. The bulk of his net worth comes from his 9 seasons starring on the ABC sitcom The Middle, where he likely earned between $50k-$100k per episode.
What was Malachi Barton’s biggest acting role?
By far, Malachi Barton’s biggest and most financially successful acting role has been playing the character Frankie Heck on The Middle for 9 seasons from 2009-2018. It accounts for the vast majority of his $500,000 estimated net worth so far.
How much money did Malachi Barton make from The Middle?
Barton likely earned between $50k-$100k for each of the 200+ episodes of The Middle he appeared in over its 9 season run. That adds up to total earnings of $10 million to as high as $20 million from the show alone.
Does Malachi Barton own any mansions or cars?
Not yet, since he is only 17 years old. But with his high net worth, Barton will likely be able to afford luxurious homes and cars as he gets older. For now, any big purchases would need approval from his parents.
What does Malachi Barton spend his money on?
As a minor, Barton’s money is carefully managed by his parents. It likely goes towards his living expenses, education, and saving/investing for the future. When he comes of age, he may spend on properties, cars, and other lavish purchases befitting a young star.
How much does Malachi Barton make per year now?
Since The Middle ended, Barton likely earns around $200,000-$300,000 annually from smaller acting roles, sponsored posts, and other entertainment work. Less than his Middle years, but still very comfortable for someone his age.