Sydney Sweeney is an American actress who has risen to fame in recent years for her roles in popular TV shows like Euphoria and The White Lotus. Her career has been steadily on the rise, and so has her net worth. But what is Sydney Sweeney’s net worth exactly? Let’s take a closer look at how this young actress has built up her impressive fortune so far.
What is Sydney Sweeney’s Net Worth?
According to multiple net worth calculators and authoritative sources, Sydney Sweeney’s current net worth is estimated to be around $5 million.
This net worth has accumulated rapidly in just a few years thanks to Sweeney’s burgeoning acting career taking off. Her main source of wealth comes from her salaries and earnings from acting roles in TV shows and movies. As she continues to land bigger parts and endorsements, her net worth will likely grow even higher in the coming years.
How Did Sydney Sweeney Build Her Net Worth?
Sydney Sweeney, 25 years old as of 2023, built up her $5 million net worth in just a short period through on-screen acting roles. Some of her most notable works include:
- Euphoria (2019 – present) – Playing Cassie Howard in this HBO hit drama series is Sweeney’s biggest role and claim to fame so far. It has won her critical praise and new fans.
- The White Lotus (2021 – present) – Sweeney starred in both seasons of this satirical HBO series, earning her first Emmy nominations.
- The Handmaid’s Tale (2018 – present) – Appearing in a supporting role of Eden for seasons 2 and 3 added to Sweeney’s rising fame.
- Sharp Objects (2018) – Sweeney’s first major TV role in this acclaimed miniseries garnered attention.
- Everything Sucks! (2018) – This Netflix coming-of-age series was short-lived but gave Sweeney an early boost.
- Under the Silver Lake (2018) – Her first movie role in this indie crime film helped on the path to stardom.
- The Voyeurs (2021) – Sweeney earned $1 million for this erotic thriller film, her biggest payday so far.
With TV networks and production companies taking notice of Sweeney’s talents, her paychecks and net worth will likely continue rising with future projects.
Sydney Sweeney’s Earnings From Acting Projects
Here is a breakdown of some of Sydney Sweeney’s biggest paydays so far that have contributed to her growing wealth:
- Euphoria: Up to $25,000 per episode
- The White Lotus Season 1: $100,000 total
- The White Lotus Season 2: $150,000 total
- The Handmaid’s Tale: $25,000 per episode
- The Voyeurs: $1 million
- Malignant: $250,000
- National Anthem: $75,000
With Emmy nominations now under her belt and demand for Sweeney high, she can likely command even higher rates moving forward. Conservative estimates have her making $200,000 – $300,000 for her next roles.
Sydney Sweeney’s Other Income Sources
In addition to acting, Sweeney earns income through:
- Brand endorsement deals – She has promoted brands like Armani Beauty and Laneige skin care on Instagram
- Investments – She has money invested in stocks and real estate
- Production company – Sweeney co-founded Fifty-Fifty Films production company
As her fame rises, Sweeney can leverage it for even more lucrative brand deals and opportunities. Her production company also puts her on the other side of the business.
How Does Sydney Sweeney Spend Her Money?
With a multi-million dollar net worth, Sydney Sweeney has plenty of cash to spend on a comfortable lifestyle. Some of the ways she chooses to spend her money include:
- Real estate – Sweeney bought a $3 million home in Westwood, Los Angeles in 2021. She put $1 million down payment on the 4-bed, 4.5-bath modern farmhouse.
- Cars – She splurged on a $200,000 restored classic Bronco and has been spotted driving a Range Rover.
- Family support – Sweeney helps care for her parents and brother, who moved in with her.
- Travel – On vacations, Sweeney enjoys staying at luxury resorts like The Ritz-Carlton.
- Self-care – She spends on skin care, massages, Pilates classes, training and other health pursuits.
- Jewelry – Sweeney has a love for jewelry and has an impressive luxury collection.
- Clothing – She wears designer clothes and has been seen in outfits by Saint Laurent and others.
Even with her indulgences, Sweeney is mindful about saving and investing too as her career continues rising.
Sydney Sweeney’s Career Beginnings
Sydney Sweeney, born September 12, 1997 in Spokane, Washington, caught the acting bug early on. She began performing in community theater productions as a child.
When she was just 12 years old in 2009, Sweeney moved to Los Angeles with her family so she could pursue professional acting.
The first few years brought minor roles in TV shows like 90210, Grey’s Anatomy, Pretty Little Liars and more. These smaller parts helped Sweeney get experience on bigger sets.
Her breakthrough came in 2018 when she landed the role of Eden in The Handmaid’s Tale. That high-profile part propelled her career to the next level. More substantial TV supporting roles followed until she achieved leading lady status.
Sydney Sweeney’s Rise to Stardom
Although she had been working in Hollywood for nearly a decade, Sydney Sweeney’s career really took off starting around 2018. Some key projects that have led to her rise in fame include:
The Handmaid’s Tale (2018 – Present)
Sweeney’s first recurring TV role was playing pious and impressionable wife Eden in 7 episodes of seasons 2 and 3. This Hulu series gained her widespread exposure.
Sharp Objects (2018)
Right after Handmaid’s Tale, Sweeney landed a part in this limited series starring Amy Adams. She played Alice, a friend of the main character, in 3 episodes.
Under the Silver Lake (2018)
This neo-noir crime film marked Sweeney’s first movie role. She played a supporting yet memorable part as a naive blonde girl.
Euphoria (2019 – Present)
Sweeney’s career-defining role is the HBO teen drama Euphoria. Her raw, emotional performance as Cassie Howard earned rave reviews and made her a star.
The White Lotus (2021 – Present)
In this buzzy HBO satire, Sweeney shined as student Olivia Mossbacher for 6 episodes, earning Emmy nominations.
The Voyeurs (2021)
Sweeney reached leading lady status and earned $1 million for this erotic thriller film opposite Justice Smith.
Thanks to her eye-catching talent and select roles, Sydney Sweeney positioned herself for fame in her early 20s.
What is Sydney Sweeney’s Background?
Sydney Sweeney was born on September 12, 1997 in Spokane, Washington. Her parents are Stephen and Cindy Sweeney. She also has a younger brother named Trent.
Her father Stephen worked as a medical technician while her mother Cindy was a human resources employee. When Sweeney was young, her parents often struggled financially.
Sweeney’s family made sacrifices so she could pursue acting. This included moving to California to be closer to Hollywood when she was just 12 years old in 2009.
She attended and graduated from high school in Los Angeles while going to auditions. Sweeney was homeschooled for certain periods as well.
Growing up, she played sports like soccer, tennis, volleyball and lacrosse. Sweeney also took tap, jazz, ballet and hip hop dance classes.
How Tall is Sydney Sweeney?
Sydney Sweeney is 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm) tall, which is modestly above average for an American woman.
On camera, directors and cinematographers often try to make actors appear taller. For example, on Euphoria Sweeney can appear much taller since she is filmed alongside shorter co-stars like 5’3” Alexa Demie.
In reality though, Sweeney is just under 5’7”. But what she lacks in height she makes up for in talent, beauty and charisma on screen.
In summary, Sydney Sweeney has rapidly emerged as one of the most talented and in-demand young actresses in Hollywood. Her career has reached new heights in the last few years thanks to breakout roles in hit shows like Euphoria and The White Lotus.
Sweeney has built up a net worth of approximately $5 million already at just 25 years old. Her wealth will likely continue to grow given her A-list status and increasingly high salaries. While she splurges on real estate, cars, fashion and more, Sweeney also appears to be wise with her money.
With smart investments and selective projects, Sydney Sweeney’s net worth could easily reach eight figures in the next 5-10 years if her star continues rising as predicted. Her burgeoning production company also gives her a stake in more of the profits moving forward.
It’s an enviable position for someone so young. But Sweeney’s humble background and raw talent have made her one of the most refreshing and inspirational success stories in today’s entertainment industry. Both critics and fans are rooting for this young star on the rise.
What is Sydney Sweeney best known for?
Sydney Sweeney is best known for her roles as Cassie Howard in Euphoria and Olivia Mossbacher in The White Lotus, two of HBO’s biggest current hits. Her emotional performances have earned high praise.
How much does Sydney Sweeney make per episode of Euphoria?
Industry estimates put Sweeney’s salary for Euphoria around $25,000 per episode. For the show’s second season of 10 episodes, that equates to $250,000 total.
What upcoming projects does Sydney Sweeney have?
Sweeney will star in the Sony Marvel film Madame Web alongside Dakota Johnson in 2023. She also has leading roles in upcoming features National Anthem and Reality.
What awards has Sydney Sweeney been nominated for?
Thanks to The White Lotus, Sweeney received two Emmy nominations in 2022 – one for Supporting Actress in a Limited Series and one for Ensemble Cast. She also won a Hollywood Critics Association TV Award.
How much are Sydney Sweeney’s net worth estimates?
Most reputable sources estimate Sydney Sweeney’s current net worth to be around $5 million as of early 2023. However, at just 25 years old and with major roles ahead, her net worth has huge growth potential.