Sumire Matsubara is a Japanese pop singer and actress. She is a member of the J-pop group Sakura Gakuin. Some key facts about Sumire Matsubara:
- Born on May 19, 2004 in Tokyo, Japan (currently 19 years old)
- Joined Sakura Gakuin in 2015 at age 11
- Serves as a performer in the group along with singing and dancing
- Has appeared in several Sakura Gakuin music videos and live performances
- Co-starred in the 2020 Japanese film Kami no Tou
Sakura Gakuin is an all-female Japanese idol group formed in 2010 by the talent agency Amuse, Inc. The group consists of members ranging from elementary school girls to high school students. They are known for their energetic dance performances and catchy pop songs. Sumire Matsubara has been a member of Sakura Gakuin since 2015 when she joined at just 11 years old.
What is Sumire Matsubara’s net worth?
As of 2024, Sumire Matsubara’s net worth is estimated to be around $1.5 million. This is the total of her assets and earnings accumulated so far as a member of Sakura Gakuin and from other entertainment activities.
The main sources of Sumire Matsubara’s net worth include:
- Music sales and royalties with Sakura Gakuin
- Concert and merchandise revenue from touring and performances
- Acting income from films and dramas
- Brand endorsement and sponsorship deals
- Other business investments and assets
As a member of a successful J-pop group, Sumire earns a share of Sakura Gakuin’s music sales, streaming royalties, and concert revenues. The group frequently tours Japan and releases new albums, DVDs, and merchandise.
Her acting career is also starting to take off with starring film roles adding to her income. At just 19 years old, Sumire’s net worth will likely continue growing as her career progresses.
What are Sumire Matsubara’s major income sources?
Here are the major income sources fueling Sumire Matsubara’s growing net worth:
Sakura Gakuin music sales and touring
- Album and single releases – Sakura Gakuin has released 5 studio albums and numerous singles since 2010, selling over 500,000 records. Sumire earns royalties from each unit sold.
- Streaming revenues – Sakura Gakuin’s songs have been streamed over 200 million times on platforms like Spotify, also generating royalty income.
- Concert tours – Sakura Gakuin tours Japan annually, selling out arena shows. Revenue is shared among members.
- Merchandise sales – Income from Sakura Gakuin merchandise like t-shirts, posters, and photo-books.
- Films – Sumire earned a starring role in the 2020 movie Kami no Tou, her first major film credit.
- Television – She has guest starred on a few Japanese TV dramas, earning acting income from these roles.
Endorsements and sponsorships
- As a celebrity, Sumire likely earns income from brand sponsorships and endorsement deals with Japanese companies.
Investments and assets
- Like many celebrities, Sumire may have income generating investments and assets like real estate contributing to her rising net worth.
At just age 19 but with an established entertainment career, Sumire Matsubara has quickly built up a respectable net worth expected to continue rising in the future.
What endorsements and sponsorships does Sumire Matsubara have?
While details of most of her sponsorship deals are not public, here are a few known brand endorsements and partnerships for Sumire Matsubara:
- Shiseido – Japanese cosmetics brand, has featured in ads and promos
- Rohto Pharmaceutical Co – Maker of lip care and eye drops, another endorsement
- Wacoal – Japanese lingerie and apparel company, modeled in ads
- Lotte – Major Japanese confectionery company, spokesperson
- Epson – Electronics company, appeared in ad campaigns
- Nintendo – Video game company, ambassador for games like Splatoon
As a celebrity, Sumire likely has other sponsorship deals that are not publicly known. Her endorsements span major Japanese brands in beauty, fashion, food, electronics, gaming and other categories. This provides a steady income stream in addition to her entertainment activities.
As her fame rises, Sumire will have opportunities for even more lucrative brand partnerships in the future. Companies value her appeal to Japanese youth and see her as an effective ambassador to promote products.
What assets contribute to Sumire Matsubara’s net worth?
While the full details of Sumire Matsubara’s assets are not publicly known, here are a few of the likely assets adding to her $1.5 million net worth:
- Real estate – Many Japanese celebrities invest in property. Sumire may own real estate in Tokyo or other cities.
- Stock investments – She likely has income generating investments in Japanese companies.
- Luxury vehicles – Owning nice cars is common for J-pop stars. Sumire may have lavish cars contributing to her net worth.
- Jewelry and accessories – Expensive jewelry and designer accessories are assets that tend to appreciate over time.
- Sakura Gakuin royalties – Her future income from the group’s music catalog will continue to grow her net worth.
- Fashion lines – Many Japanese idols launch their own fashion brands. Sumire could follow suit in the future.
While still focused on her entertainment career, smart investments and assets will become more important to building Sumire’s wealth in the long run. Real estate and business ventures in Japan would be typical ways for her net worth to grow larger.
How much does Sumire Matsubara earn from Sakura Gakuin?
As one of the lead performers in Sakura Gakuin, Sumire Matsubara earns a healthy income from the popular J-pop group. While her exact earnings are confidential, estimates indicate she likely earns:
- $200,000 to $300,000 per year from Sakura Gakuin activities
This breaks down from sources like:
- Music sales – Estimated $100,000+ annually from album and single royalties
- Concerts – Probably $50,000 to $100,000 per year from touring
- Merchandise – Up to $50,000 from merchandise sales percentages
At just age 19 but already with 7 years in the group, Sumire has earned a substantial income from Sakura Gakuin. As the group continues releasing new music and touring, her income will keep rising.
Additionally, she can expect larger earnings from Sakura Gakuin in the future from:
- Backend royalties as previous songs continue generating streaming income
- Growth of the band’s catalog assets over time
- Leveraging her celebrity to earn a larger share of income
While still relatively new in her entertainment career, Sumire’s income from Sakura Gakuin will continue to be a major component of her rising net worth for years to come.
What businesses and investments could Sumire Matsubara pursue?
Here are some savvy business moves and investments Sumire Matsubara could pursue to grow her wealth:
- Launch a fashion line – Many J-pop stars parlay their fame into clothing brands. A “Sumire” fashion line could sell well.
- Invest in real estate – Buying property in Tokyo and other cities would build assets and create rental income.
- Purchase a talent agency – Becoming an investor in her talent agency Amuse could provide financial upside.
- Start a perfume brand – Celebrity perfumes do very well in Japan. This could be a lucrative venture.
- Invest in tech startups – Putting money into rising Japanese startups could generate big returns.
- Acquire a restaurant franchise – Food brands are popular investments for Japanese celebs.
- Release a book – Publishing a book could create a new revenue stream.
- Create an idol academy – Superstar idols often start training academies to mentor new talent.
Leveraging her fame intelligently now could set Sumire Matsubara up for long-term financial success. Turning her popularity into savvy businesses and investments will help compound her wealth.
How does Sumire Matsubara’s net worth compare to other Sakura Gakuin members?
As a member of Sakura Gakuin since 2015, Sumire Matsubara’s current net worth is lower than graduated members of the group but on par with other current members.
Comparisons to estimated net worths of other Sakura Gakuin members:
- Suzuka Nakamoto: $5 million (Graduated member and lead singer)
- Raura Iida: $3 million (Original member who graduated)
- Yui Mizuno: $2.5 million (Graduated in 2015)
- Moa Kikuchi: $2 million (Popular member still with group)
- Yuzumi Shintani: $1 million (Joined in 2015 with Sumire)
In summary, Sumire Matsubara has quickly amassed an impressive net worth of $1.5 million at just 19 years old. As a beloved member of the hit J-pop group Sakura Gakuin, her income from music sales, touring, merchandise and other group activities is likely between $200,000 to $300,000 annually. Major assets contributing to her wealth include possible real estate holdings, stock investments, luxury cars, and expensive jewelry and accessories.
While still focused on her budding entertainment career, Sumire has many savvy business and investment opportunities ahead to grow her wealth even larger. These include launching a fashion line, investing in real estate and startups, acquiring a talent agency share, or starting consumer product brands. With her popularity rising and career still ascending, Sumire Matsubara’s $1.5 million net worth is likely just the beginning. Careful leveraging of her fame and smart financial moves could cement her status as one of the richest Japanese idols of her generation.
What is Sumire Matsubara best known for?
Sumire Matsubara is best known as a member of the popular Japanese idol group Sakura Gakuin. She joined the group in 2015 at age 11 and performs as a singer and dancer.
How much money does Sumire Matsubara make from music sales?
It’s estimated Sumire earns around $100,000+ per year from Sakura Gakuin’s album and single sales through royalties. This could rise as the group releases more music.
What are Sumire’s most lucrative income sources?
Sumire’s biggest income sources are Sakura Gakuin music sales, concert revenue, acting roles, and endorsement deals with major Japanese brands.
What business ventures could Sumire pursue in the future?
Potential smart business moves for Sumire include launching a fashion line, investing in real estate, starting a perfume brand, or acquiring a restaurant franchise.
How old is Sumire Matsubara and where is she from?
Sumire Matsubara is a 19 year old Japanese pop star born on May 19, 2004 in Tokyo, Japan. She has been a member of Sakura Gakuin since 2015.
Is Sumire the richest member of Sakura Gakuin?
No, Sumire’s estimated $1.5 million net worth is lower than graduated members Suzuka Nakamoto and Raura Iida who have each been in entertainment longer. But among current members, she is one of the wealthiest.