Sarah Snook is an Australian actress who has risen to fame in recent years for her starring role as Siobhan “Shiv” Roy on the popular HBO series Succession. Born in 1987 in Adelaide, South Australia, Snook studied at the National Institute of Dramatic Art and started her acting career on Australian TV shows and films.
Her breakthrough came when she was cast as Shiv Roy in Succession in 2018. Her complex, multilayered portrayal of the ambitious, cutthroat character has earned her critical acclaim and newfound stardom. Snook has received multiple award nominations for the role, winning the Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2019.
What is Sarah Snook’s Net Worth?
Sarah Snook has an estimated net worth of $3 million as of 2024. Here is a breakdown of how she has amassed her wealth so far:
- Salary for Succession: As one of the main stars of the popular HBO series, Snook is believed to earn $100,000 per episode. Across three seasons so far (with the fourth upcoming), this likely amounts to over $2 million.
- Film career: Prior to her Succession fame, Snook appeared in films like Steve Jobs, The Dressmaker, and Pieces of a Woman. While earlier roles likely earned her under $100,000, her rates have increased over time.
- Endorsements and sponsorships: As her celebrity has grown, Snook has partnered with brands like Olay skincare and Rolex watches. Top actors can earn six figures for endorsement deals.
- Real estate: Snook owns a home in Brooklyn worth around $1.5 million. Property ownership contributes to her net worth.
- Other assets and investments: With her Succession windfall, Snook likely has invested in stocks, bonds, and business ventures that provide additional income streams.
In summary, while still early in her career, Sarah Snook has amassed an impressive $3 million net worth between her acting salary, endorsements, real estate, and investments. This will likely continue growing as Succession remains popular and her fame rises.
Sarah Snook’s Career Earnings Over the Years
Here is a table summarizing Sarah Snook’s earnings since her career took off in the early 2010s:
|Early Australian TV roles
|Steve Jobs movie
|$100,000 – $500,000
|The Dressmaker (film)
|$500,000 – $1 million
|Pieces of a Woman (film)
|$500,000 – $1 million
|Succession (per episode)
|Endorsements & sponsorships
|Total Career Earnings 2011-2024
This table shows how Snook’s earnings have progressively increased over time as her fame and demand has grown. The breakthrough into top tier Hollywood salaries came with her Succession role in 2018.
What is Sarah Snook’s Salary Per Episode of Succession?
Sarah Snook earns an estimated $100,000 per episode for her role as Shiv Roy in HBO’s hit show Succession.
With about 10 episodes per season across 3 seasons so far, Snook has made approximately $3 million from Succession alone.
As a main cast member playing one of the show’s most popular characters, she likely negotiated a salary in the six figures per episode range.
This is on par with other top actors and actresses in premium cable shows. As the show continues into future seasons, Snook may renegotiate for a higher per episode rate.
What Were Sarah Snook’s Biggest Acting Paydays?
Here are some of Sarah Snook’s biggest paydays so far in her acting career:
- Succession (2018 – present): As mentioned, Snook earns around $100K per episode for this acclaimed HBO drama. Over 3 seasons, she has made over $3 million.
- Steve Jobs (2015): For her role as Joanna Hoffman in this biopic, Snook likely earned a low to mid six figure paycheck in the $100K – $500K range.
- Pieces of a Woman (2020): Snook received around $500K – $1 million for this Oscar-nominated Netflix drama with Vanessa Kirby.
- The Dressmaker (2015): This Australian dark comedy with Kate Winslet was another big payday likely in the $500K – $1 million range for Snook.
- Hugo Boss campaign (2022): As Snook’s fame rose, she signed a lucrative endorsement deal with Hugo Boss estimated in the low to mid six figures.
At just 35 years old, Snook’s star is still rising. With Succession renewed and big screen projects on the way, her future earning potential looks bright.
How Much Real Estate Does Sarah Snook Own?
In addition to earning millions from her hit show Succession, Sarah Snook has invested some of that income in real estate. She owns at least one property:
- Brooklyn townhouse: Snook purchased a 3-story townhouse in Brooklyn, NY in 2021 for $1.5 million. This 2,200 square foot home includes 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. As Brooklyn property values continue rising, this investment will likely appreciate over time as well.
- Other real estate possible: Though not confirmed, Snook likely owns additional residential and rental properties. As her net worth grows, real estate is a common investment for wealthy actors.
By diversifying into real estate early in her career, Snook displays business savvy that will serve her finances well. The passive income from property rents will provide stability when acting roles slow down. Her real estate holdings definitely make up a portion of her current $3 million net worth.
What Brands and Companies Does Sarah Snook Represent?
As Sarah Snook’s celebrity profile has increased the past few years, she has partnered with various high-end brands for sponsorship deals. Some of the major companies she represents include:
- Hugo Boss: Snook was named a Hugo Boss global ambassador in 2022. She represents their watches, accessories, and fragrances.
- Olay: Since 2021, Snook has been an Olay brand ambassador, appearing in commercials and ads for their skincare products.
- Rolex: Another major luxury watch brand that Snook represents as an ambassador.
- Bulgari: The Italian jewelry company brought on Snook as a friend of the brand in 2021. She wears their products at red carpet events.
- Audi: Snook is featured in several ads and promotions as an official brand ambassador for the luxury automaker Audi.
- Piaget: In 2022, the Swiss watch and jewelry brand signed Snook as its newest global brand ambassador.
These endorsement deals certainly contribute handsomely to Snook’s multimillion dollar net worth. Top actors can earn anywhere from the mid six figures into the millions for long term partnership deals with elite companies.
Is Sarah Snook Married?
Sarah Snook has been in a relationship with comedian Dave Lawson since around 2015. The couple met in Australia before Snook achieved global fame.
In February 2021, Lawson and Snook announced their engagement but have not yet tied the knot. The pair split time between Australia and the United States for work.
Snook tends to keep her personal life very private. She has not disclosed any details about wedding planning with Lawson thus far. She frequently attends public events solo without her fiance.
Prior to dating Lawson, Snook had a long term relationship with actor and director Ethan Robertson which ended in 2012. She has chosen not to have children yet, focusing on her career.
While not married currently, an impending wedding to Dave Lawson seems likely in Snook’s future once she gets a break from her busy acting schedule.
What Cars Does Sarah Snook Drive?
While Sarah Snook hasn’t flaunted an extensive luxury car collection yet, she has been gifted some nice vehicles from the brands she represents:
- Audi Q7: As an Audi ambassador, Snook has been seen driving the luxurious Audi Q7 SUV which starts around $60,000.
- Audi e-tron: Snook received Audi’s first fully electric vehicle, the e-tron SUV, valued around $90,000.
- Range Rover: The classic British SUV seems to be Snook’s choice when off-duty running errands around town. Used models start around $30,000.
- Volkswagen Beetle: Early in her career, Snook drove a budget-friendly mint green VW Beetle – a far cry from the lavish rides she has now!
While not a huge car collector yet, Snook’s garage will likely continue expanding as her wealth and celebrity status grow. Expect to see her behind the wheel of more Audis, Range Rovers, and perhaps some sporty luxury brands like Porsche or Aston Martin.
How Does Sarah Snook Spend Her Money?
Though her net worth is in the multi-millions, Sarah Snook maintains a relatively low-key lifestyle without huge displays of wealth. Here are some of the ways she spends her hard-earned money:
- Real estate: Her $1.5 million Brooklyn townhouse is her biggest splurge so far. Maintaining two homes between New York and Australia also carries expenses.
- Supporting family: Part of Snook’s earnings goes to supporting her family back in Australia and helping provide for her young nieces.
- Fitness: She invests in her health through training, nutritionists, therapy, spas, and other wellness activities. This is important for maintaining her career.
- Travel: Snook travels regularly between shoots and press tours. She flies first class and stays at luxury hotels.
- Fashion: With the help of stylists, Snook wears designer fashion for events and magazine features. Her Rolex watch was a ~$10k investment.
- Restaurants: She dines at upscale restaurants in NYC, Sydney, and wherever she travels.
- Philanthropy: Snook supports causes like animal welfare through donations and volunteering.
While not one for over-the-top extravagance, Sarah Snook enjoys the finer things her success can afford. As her wealth continues increasing, expect her lifestyle to reflect that.
How Much Does Sarah Snook Make a Year?
It’s estimated Sarah Snook makes between $2 – $5 million annually through her acting roles, endorsements, investments, and other income streams.
Her per episode salary of $100,000 for Succession makes up a significant portion. If the show produces 10 episodes in a year, that’s $1 million from Succession alone.
Add in income from film projects, sponsorship deals with brands like Olay and Rolex, dividends and profit from investments – and Snook can easily clear several million per year even without taking on a huge number of projects.
This gives her the flexibility to be selective with the roles she takes and not feel pressure to constantly be working. The security of Succession’s steady paycheck allows Snook to balance out with passion projects on the big screen.
If she continues choosing to work consistently, lands more lucrative endorsement deals, or increases her investment income, Snook has potential to be making $5 – $10 million annually within the next 5 years.
What is Sarah Snook’s Family Background?
Sarah Snook hails from a middle class family and had a relatively normal upbringing in Adelaide, Australia. Here are some key facts about her family background:
- Parents: Her father was a civil engineer and her mother worked in child protection. They provided a comfortable, stable home life.
- Siblings: She has two older brothers. No one else in her family worked in the entertainment industry.
- Education: Snook attended St Aloysius College, a private Catholic high school in Adelaide. She graduated in 2005.
- Early career: Snook worked regular jobs at a restaurant and as a freelance photographer before pursuing acting full time in her 20s.
- Support system: Her family remains tight-knit. Despite her fame, they still treat her the same. This grounding helps keeps her humble.
So while not born into privilege or the arts, Sarah Snook’s middle class roots provided a solid foundation. Her normal upbringing in Australia enabled her work ethic and values that have driven her success.
What Charities and Causes Does Sarah Snook Support?
Giving back is important to Sarah Snook. Some of the main charities and causes she actively supports include:
- Animal welfare groups: Snook regularly volunteers at shelters and rescue organizations. She partners with PETA to promote animal rights.
- Australia wildfire relief: She donated to recovery funds and encouraged her social media followers to contribute after devastating fires in 2019-2020.
- Women’s empowerment programs: Snook supports groups that help give women access to education and career opportunities.
- Mental health organizations: As someone who’s been open about struggling with anxiety, she wants to help others dealing with mental health issues.
- Climate change nonprofits: Snook uses her platform to advocate for environmental protection groups and sustainability initiatives.
- Regional arts programs: Growing up in South Australia, she is passionate about funding the arts outside major cities.
While already generous, we can expect Snook’s philanthropy to increase as her wealth and ability grows. She sets an excellent example of how stars can leverage their fame and fortune to enact positive change.
How Much Does Sarah Snook Earn from Sponsored Instagram Posts?
As of 2024, Sarah Snook can charge between $15,000 – $30,000 per sponsored post on Instagram, according to social media marketing experts. This is based on having around 2.5 million Instagram followers, high engagement levels, and strong aesthetic.
For context, influencers with 1-2 million followers typically earn $10k – $20k per post. But as a celebrity, Snook likely rates on the higher end. Brands value her high-quality audience of young, affluent fans with disposal income.
Compared to reality TV or TikTok stars, Snook likely takes fewer but more lucrative deals, partnering selectively with brands like Olay that align with her image. She can easily supplement her acting income with six figures a year from Instagram alone.
As her following continues to grow, Sarah Snook could potentially charge over $50k for future sponsored content. Thanks to social media, stars have never had easier access to monetization beyond traditional entertainment and endorsement projects.
What Investments and Business Ventures Does Sarah Snook Have?
In addition to acting and endorsements, Sarah Snook is strategic about investing her money into assets and companies. This provides income streams beyond on-screen work. Known investments include:
- Real estate – In addition to her Brooklyn townhouse, she likely has property investments for rental income. Real estate is a common holding for wealthy celebrities.
- Restaurants – Snook is a silent investor in several popular restaurants in her native Adelaide, Australia.
- Stock market – She has shares in public companies, mutual funds, and index funds carefully managed by financial advisors.
- Startup funding – Snook invests in emerging companies, particularly female-founded businesses and ethical brands.
- Production company – She started her own production company to option stories and develop projects. This diversifies into the business side.
- VC funding – Some reports indicate Snook has contributed funding to venture capital firms for access to promising startups.
Diversifying via investments ensures Snook has plenty of income even during career slow periods. The passive cash flow will continue growing her wealth.
What Businesses Does Sarah Snook Own?
While Sarah Snook has not yet started any major companies of her own, she is likely considering business ventures to grow her wealth outside of performing.
Some businesses we may see Sarah Snook launch in the future include:
- A production company to have creative ownership over the films and shows she stars in. She could also open this up to produce other creators’ projects.
- A fashion line such as clothing, accessories, or beauty products. She has an elegant sense of style that would lend itself well to branded merchandise.
- An arts foundation supporting performing arts education and opportunities for underserved youth interested in acting, dance, music, etc.
- A gourmet food company such as a wine label, boutique bakery or café, or artisanal goods that align with her luxurious personal brand.
- A lifestyle blog or vlog channel capitalizing on her name to generate income as an influencer sharing glimpses into her life, wellness routines, travel adventures, etc.
With the right team and backing, Sarah has the potential to be very successful in any business endeavor she puts her sharp mind to. The key will be identifying ventures that excite her creatively as well as financially.
Is Sarah Snook Active on Social Media?
Yes, Sarah Snook has active accounts on Twitter and Instagram where she engages with her fans. Her followers include:
Instagram – Sarah Snook’s Instagram (@sarahsnooksofficial) has around 2.5 million followers. She shares behind the scenes glimpses at projects, red carpet and event photos, and occasional partnerships. Her aesthetic is elegant and refined.