Jimmy Kimmel is an American television host, comedian, writer, and producer. He is best known for hosting the late-night talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC since 2003. Kimmel has built a successful career in the entertainment industry and accumulated significant wealth along the way. But what exactly is Jimmy Kimmel’s net worth?
What Sources Say Jimmy Kimmel’s Net Worth Is
There are varying reports on Jimmy Kimmel’s current net worth. Here are some of the estimates from reputable sources:
- Celebrity Net Worth: $50 million
- Wealthy Gorilla: $50 million
- The Richest: $45 million
- Money Inc: $45 million
The consensus from these sources is that Jimmy Kimmel has a net worth of around $50 million as of 2023. However, net worth estimates are often imprecise and the true figure is not publicly known. Kimmel’s net worth is comprised of his assets like real estate, investments, businesses, cash savings, and expenses like taxes, lifestyle costs, etc. His earnings and assets will fluctuate over time.
Key Facts on Jimmy Kimmel’s Career Earnings
- Kimmel earned around $10 million per year hosting Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which ran for 19 seasons.
- He signed a three-year contract extension in 2019 to continue hosting the show through 2023.
- Kimmel has produced shows like Crank Yankers and The Man Show and served as executive producer on his talk show. His production company is worth tens of millions.
- He has earned millions from brand endorsement deals with companies like H&R Block.
- Kimmel has made millions from his comedy tours and standup specials.
- He has made additional millions in investments and business ventures.
Jimmy Kimmel’s Career Beginnings
Jimmy Kimmel first gained notoriety as the co-host of The Man Show alongside Adam Carolla from 1999 to 2003. The show earned Kimmel his first major paychecks in entertainment and helped him land his ABC talk show deal.
Kimmel started off earning around $500,000 per year for The Man Show. Towards the end of the show’s run, he was earning closer to $1 million annually.
While still hosting The Man Show, Kimmel started making guest appearances on TV shows and hosting special programming, like the American Music Awards. He hosted small comedy radio programs and gained more mainstream exposure.
These opportunities all helped Kimmel build his profile and negotiate a higher salary when he signed on to host Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2003.
Jimmy Kimmel Live! Salary
When Jimmy Kimmel Live! first premiered, Kimmel was earning approximately $2 million per year.
As the show grew into a ratings hit for ABC, Kimmel was able to negotiate much higher contracts:
- In 2006, he signed a deal paying him around $6 million annually.
- By 2013, Kimmel’s annual pay rose to $10 million.
- In 2019, he signed his most recent 3-year contract extension with ABC. Though the exact terms weren’t disclosed, it likely pays him upwards of $10 million per year.
At 19 seasons and counting, Jimmy Kimmel Live! has provided Kimmel with his primary source of annual income since 2003. He reportedly earns a 7-figure salary as host and executive producer.
Jimmy Kimmel TV & Film Earnings
In addition to his talk show salary, Kimmel has earned money from acting in and producing TV shows and films:
- Kimmel voiced characters on animated shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons.
- He created and produced comedy shows like Crank Yankers and The Andy Milonakis Show.
- Kimmel has appeared in movies like Project X and Hellboy II.
- He has produced feature films including The House Bunny starring Anna Faris.
While Kimmel’s late night salary has accounted for the bulk of his fortune, these other entertainment gigs have likely earned him tens of millions more over his career.
Jimmy Kimmel’s Other Income Sources
Aside from his earnings in the entertainment industry, Kimmel has made millions from various business ventures and endorsements.
- Kimmel co-founded the production company Jackhole Industries which produces shows like Billy on the Street and The Andy Milonakis Show.
- He is a partner in the LA Italian restaurant Chi Spacca.
- Kimmel co-founded the Spanish language cable channel Más Mejor in partnership with Mexican network Imagen Televisión.
- He has invested in several media startups and apps.
Though the financials of his businesses aren’t fully known, Kimmel likely earns 7-figures in annual income from these ventures.
Jimmy Kimmel has cashed endorsement checks from:
- H&R Block – Kimmel was a longtime spokesperson for the tax prep company. His early deals were worth around $500,000.
- Pizza Hut – He appeared in commercials for the pizza chain in the early 2000s.
- Ford – Kimmel has partnered with Ford to promote vehicles and give them away on his show.
- Corona – He shot several commercials for the beer brand.
His most lucrative partnership is a 10-year endorsement deal with Capital One worth an estimated $10 million.
These brand partnership deals have added millions in supplemental income throughout Kimmel’s career.
Jimmy Kimmel’s Assets: Real Estate, Cars & More
Kimmel has spent his millions on luxurious homes, exotic cars, and other lavish purchases. Here’s a breakdown of his biggest assets:
- $9 million LA home – Kimmel bought a 5-bedroom Mediterranean-style home in Los Angeles in 2005.
- Aspen vacation home – He owns a 5-bedroom ski chalet in the mountains of Colorado purchased for $2.75 million.
- Beach house – Kimmel bought a $6.9 million beachfront property in Hermosa Beach, CA in 2019.
With millions invested in real estate, luxurious homes for his family make up a significant portion of Kimmel’s net worth.
Kimmel is an avid car collector and gearhead. Some of his prized vehicles include:
- 1960 Pontiac Catalina – He restored this classic car which is now worth over $100,000.
- 1969 Volvo P1800E – This rare coupe was purchased and customized by Kimmel for over $150,000.
- 2010 Ford GT – Kimmel special ordered this modern supercar valued around $200,000.
He also owns several Teslas, Lexus SUVs, and other luxury vehicles.
- Kimmel owns an extensive art collection with pieces by artists like Banksy that are worth millions.
- He has a valuable wine collection with bottles valued as high as $10,000 each.
- He invests in stocks, bonds, private companies and likely has over $10 million in financial assets.
- Kimmel has luxury personal items like high-end watches and yachts.
Even after his lavish spending, Kimmel likely has tens of millions remaining in investment accounts and assets.
How Jimmy Kimmel Spends His Money
While he has sizable assets, Kimmel isn’t afraid to spend the money he’s earned over his career. Here’s a look at how he spends his fortune:
- Lavish vacations – Kimmel frequently holidays in exotic locales like Bora Bora, Paris, and the Caribbean.
- Private jets – He regularly flies private which costs tens of thousands per flight.
- Luxury cars – His car collection is worth millions and he continues to add new models.
- Real estate – He buys multi-million dollar homes in LA, Aspen, and beachfront communities.
- Yachts – Kimmel owns multiple luxurious yachts for ocean getaways.
- Helicopter – He travels by helicopter for convenience and owns a private chopper.
- Philanthropy – Kimmel donated more than $1 million to children’s hospitals.
Even with his lavish lifestyle and family costs, his assets and income sources allow Kimmel to continue living in luxury.
Jimmy Kimmel Net Worth Milestones
Here’s a quick look at how Jimmy Kimmel’s net worth has increased over the years:
- In 1999, he was just getting started with around a $500,000 net worth.
- By 2005 as host of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, his net worth grew to $5 million.
- In 2013 at the peak of his show’s ratings, his net worth was approximately $25 million.
- Today in 2023, Jimmy Kimmel has accumulated a personal fortune of $50 million.
Kimmel’s late night fame turned him into a multi-millionaire and eventually a wealthy celebrity worth over $50 million.
How Does Jimmy Kimmel’s Net Worth Compare to Other Talk Show Hosts?
Jimmy Kimmel’s $50 million net worth certainly seems massive. But it’s actually on the smaller side compared to some other legendary US talk show hosts of the past and present.
- David Letterman – $400 million
- Jay Leno – $350 million
- Ellen DeGeneres – $370 million
- Jimmy Fallon – $60 million
- Stephen Colbert – $75 million
- James Corden – $60 million
With 30+ years at the top, David Letterman and Jay Leno lead the pack with fortunes over $300 million. Jimmy Kimmel still has many years left in his career to potentially catch up to the net worth of icons like Letterman and Leno.
Conclusion: Jimmy Kimmel Has Built Enviable Wealth Through His Late Night Fame
Jimmy Kimmel’s journey from modest beginnings to amassing a net worth of $50 million is impressive. For two decades, he has established himself as one of the most popular and highest paid hosts on late night television.
Kimmel’s larger-than-life personality and sharp comedic wit have made him both relatable and aspirational. While he indulges in a lavish lifestyle, he has also used his wealth and influence for good.
At age 55 and going strong in his career, Jimmy Kimmel’s net worth will likely continue rising in the future. He has built a comedic legacy and financial fortune that will keep him comfortable for life after he retires from the late night spotlight.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jimmy Kimmel’s Net Worth
How did Jimmy Kimmel get so rich?
Jimmy Kimmel built his wealth primarily through his long tenure as host of ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live!. He earned around $10 million per year and signed lucrative contract extensions with the network since 2003. Kimmel has supplemented his income through producing TV shows, film projects, endorsement deals, and business investments.
What was Jimmy Kimmel’s salary on The Man Show?
When Jimmy Kimmel co-hosted The Man Show from 1999 to 2003, he started out earning around $500,000 per year. Towards the end of the show’s run, he was making about $1 million annually. This was Kimmel’s first major TV payday.
How much does Jimmy Kimmel make per episode?
Exact figures are undisclosed, but Jimmy Kimmel most likely earns between $100,000 to $250,000 per episode that he hosts of Jimmy Kimmel Live!. In a 19 season run of the show, this equates to between $380 million and $950 million.
How much is Jimmy Kimmel’s production company worth?
While financial details are private, Jimmy Kimmel’s Jackhole Productions likely generates tens of millions per year producing shows like Billy on the Street and others. Kimmel’s ownership stake in the company is worth at least $50 million if not much higher.
What endorsement deals does Jimmy Kimmel have?
Some of Jimmy Kimmel’s major endorsement partners include Capital One, H&R Block, Pizza Hut, Corona, and Ford. These deals have paid him $10+ million over his career. A 10-year partnership with Capital One alone netted him an estimated $10 million.